SiouxSports.com Forum

SIEMBIDA

SiouxperFan

Got to be impressed with how comfortable Siembeda looked in goal last night, how well he plays the angles, and by his quickness.

Also he handled being run by MSU at every opportunity like it was no big deal. Never saw a reaction out of him.

This goalie will be good. Got a great chance of going down as a Sioux great with Belfour, Casey, and Goehring (among others).

(Edited by sprig at 7:55 am on Dec. 30, 2001)

One good thing - Siembida is used to playing on a team that left him out to dry regularly.  His USHL team relied on him heavily to stay in games.

Another plus for the Minnie series - he already played a game in front of 18,000 hostile fans and won.  Things are looking up for the Sioux!

I agree I think UND has to stick to the Run and Gun offense. Pick your spots don't go into a shell. Crash the net, crash the net pick up the loose change. I think James Massen, Brandon "Quick Hands" Bochenski could be just what the doctor ordered for the Sioux in the second half of the season...

Quote: from Goon on 7:40 pm on Dec. 31, 2001

I agree I think UND has to stick to the Run and Gun offense. Pick your spots don't go into a shell. Crash the net, crash the net pick up the loose change. I think James Massen, Brandon "Quick Hands" Bochenski could be just what the doctor ordered for the Sioux in the second half of the season...

I'd be happy just taking one point this weekend.  "Minnesota is the better team, and it's time for them to show it."  Blah, blah, and it's still January.  The good thing is that Hauser will probably start at least Saturday.  He's been "solved" in the past, and he's shown how he does in "big games."  If he gets shelled early, he's done.  Send him back for relaxation tapes and aromatherapy.  ;)

Our biggest issue is to play with intensity the entire game.  We're big underdogs going in, so we have nothing to lose in taking some chances.  Everybody has to step up and work the gophers hard for 60 minutes both nights.  Beat 'em a little ahead of their Denver series.  ;)