SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-2012

siouxnami

Yeah, they now have some good depth. They were picked to finish 4th in the WCHA, but who knows how well they will do, now that the Lamoureux's won't be worn down as much. Looks like they might redshirt most, if not all of the freshmen, if tonight is any indication. The fourth line looked pretty good, and the transfer Monique Weber especially looked like she could help a bit. The Line combos were:

1. Lamoureux - Lamoureux - Karvinen

2. Dahlen - Jakobsen - Wiebe

3. Loken - Ketcher - Dagenais

4. Parizek - Weber - Gilbert

They played Margot Miller, who was on the Lamoureux twins line at times last year at defense. The one power play I saw had both the twins at defense with Karvinen, Dahlen and Jakobsen up front. I really like how they can now roll four lines and be aggressive coming at the other team without wearing out. Lamoureux's didn't play much at all in the 3rd period. Be interesting to see if there are changes in the 2nd exhibition game, trying to get Holly Perkins and Madison Kolls in the lineup, or if tonights lineup is in tact. Both those girls saw a lot of action last year, which attests to the depth they have now. Guess we'll find out in the next few weeks how much the depth will help against great teams.

The Lamoureax-Lamoureax-Karvinen line might be the best line in women's college hockey. If they stay together this season you are talking about a line that, to quote my good friend Dean Blais, "Could score 100 goals".

They will be exciting, but you can't overlook Knight and Decker at UW--though I'm not sure they will skate together. The UW game early will be interesting this year.

1-0 Sioux after 1 period at BU. BU is carrying the play after the Sioux go 5 for 5 on the penalty kill. Wiebe scored on a early break away 50 seconds in to open the scoring. Ney has been solid in net.

BU announcers are brutal, referring to "Michelle Lamoureaux" and they act like they no nothing about Mary Loken, Michelle Karvinen and the other Euros, as they talked about UND's only big threats being the Twins and Wiebe.

They are the opposing announcers- what can a person really expect? The announcers aren't unlike even our own media around here- pretty much everything always comes back or is centered around the twins when it comes to stories or talk, so not all that surprising.

Thanks for the update- sounds like we are fortunate to have the lead. But I'll take fortunate everyday.

1-0 Sioux after 1 period at BU. BU is carrying the play after the Sioux go 5 for 5 on the penalty kill. Wiebe scored on a early break away 50 seconds in to open the scoring. Ney has been solid in net.

BU announcers are brutal, referring to "Michelle Lamoureaux" and they act like they no nothing about Mary Loken, Michelle Karvinen and the other Euros, as they talked about UND's only big threats being the Twins and Wiebe.

Oh give 'em a break, they're not professionals, they're just students. It's only their second time covering women's hockey if anything at all.

Now tied 1 -1 about half way through regulation.

Yeah, you're right. I just thought the East Coast elite could do a little better.

OK. Score is now 1-3 BU. Sioux speed was dominant in second but penalties killed them. They are up to 8 now. BU is 2-8 on the PP. Ney had no chance of first goal. It was by her before she turned her head toward the shooter. Really no soft goals by her to speak of. Wakefield has a rocket for a wrister. BU passes seem crisper than the Sioux outside of the Twins. So BU appears slower but better passing is making up for it. Our D seems shaky especially on the few PP we've been fortunate enough to get. I don't think Idalski minds the penalties, though. I think he'd say something like he'd rather see his girls be aggressive and take the play to them.

BU wins 1-4. Sioux D gets gobbled up at the point by Wakefield while Sioux were on a PP. Got to make those basic plays at the point. It was a soft pass to the point and the D (don't know which one, might have been Furia) lost the puck at the blue line and Wakefield jumped on it and took it all the way. Shot trickled in on Ney. That was the only tally of the third. Sioux played strong the rest of the game after that. I hope they can build on that momentum tomorrow. The game was closer than score indicates. Lamoureauxs were shutdown, Karvinen is getting used to the college game and the other Euros passing was off. BU goalie was hot as hell after letting in first goal of the game 50 seconds in.

On the bright side, I think UND outshot BU 32-30.

I predict tomorrow's game to be closer, grittier and a Sioux victory.

Dang... I didn't know the game was so early today. Hopefully I will be able to catch tomorrow's. Is the audio/video anywhere online?

www.goterriers.com

I had to pay $10 for the monthly subscription. Oh well, I figure it's like $5 for a ticket for each game. Not bad.

Too bad, but we needed to see exactly where we stand with this team, early. And BU is a perfect test to see where we stand. Hopefully, we find a way to gain a split tomorrow.

Again awsome job with the updates. Appreciate your investment $$$. And with regards to my comments about the announcing earlier. I know where your coming from. I happen to think we are lucky to have very competent people for our broadcasts no matter what the sport at UND. I think we are fortunate in that regard. They make it fun to tune in all the time.

Too bad, but we needed to see exactly where we stand with this team, early. And BU is a perfect test to see where we stand. Hopefully, we find a way to gain a split tomorrow.

Again awsome job with the updates. Appreciate your investment $$$. And with regards to my comments about the announcing earlier. I know where your coming from. I happen to think we are lucky to have very competent people for our broadcasts no matter what the sport at UND. I think we are fortunate in that regard. They make it fun to tune in all the time.

No problem, green team, it was my pleasure. About the announcers, and not to harp on it, but they called Mo "Michelle" a few more times in the game. But on the bright side, we were called "Notre Dame" only once. Now that's progress, right? :lol: