SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-12 Season

UND Fan

The key to the season so far seems to be Aaron Anderson's ability to penetrate and then pass or score. The defenses that stop Anderson's penetrations stop the Sioux offense. The last two games Anderson hasn't had penetrations and has had very few points.

Hopefully they are not figuring out how to defend him. He is so quick and i agree he needs to penetrate and create problems for the defense.

Getting out rebounded by double digits by an NAIA team is absolutely pathetic. It gets back to what I mentioned before about not being able to crack a zone and have any kind of an inside out game.

It is not THAT HARD to crack a zone when you have D1 athletes playing a NAIA team.

The rebounding was lacking because we couldn't get the ball in deep so we passed the ball around the perimeter until we either turned it over or jacked up a 3. If and when we missed they had 5 guys against our 1 fighting for the rebound. This is something that needs to get addressed and quickly because it will be an issue against any D1 opponent.

Also whoever was defending Webb look at his turnover numbers for season stats, it is atrocious for a PG.

Huff's shooting was bad. Sure he scores but he is a volume shooter. He shot 50%FG 20%3pt and 50%FT that is not good at all. The reason I say Anderson is our best player is because he scores most EFFICIENTLY and he doesn't turn the ball over.

Schuler so underrated but to anyone who has ever had the chance to watch him in person he is sooooooo sllllooooooww out there with his dribbling, and shot release. Makes it tough for him to get shots. I would rather have him score efficiently like he is now that try forcing shots when he likely isn't open.

The Freshies will be fine they don't get much playing time and are adjusting for HS game to D1 game. The only thing that bothers me is I'd like to see something more out of them in games like the Jamestown game where we are playing an NAIA school.

siouxcrew11 I think it would be your best interest not to attend anymore games. Every post on this thread you have bashed basically every player on this team except Anderson. You praised him on every post and attacked Huff, Webb, Schuler and the bigs for not rebounding. Obviously these players are not ever going to meet your expectations so why dont you spare yourself the headaches and stay away. These are all very talented players and are bringing excitement back to Sioux basketball.

4 Ag School starters had at least 4 turnovers against The Leathernecks. Goes to show you that team knows how to play D. I hope we start to show some pride in our D,  It really could be a good way to win some games by working our tails off on D. I guarantee it will lead to a lot of easy baskets with our bunch- but they got to commit to working their butts off on the defensive end.

After seeing the Bison score tonight and the fact that our game against Western Illinois was one of the poorest games we have played in quite a while, I think it makes me think there is some light at the end of the tunnel. We need to get it back on track which starts with Anderson getting it going again.

Another shocking statistic from yesterday's game.... Brekke and Mitchell combined for 2 rebounds, none on the offensive board. It seemed as though when the Sioux shot the ball, there was no on under the basket wearing white.

Huff had 7 rebounds to along with his 23 points and Webb had 4.

To get out-rebounded 37-23 by an NAIA team is not good. I'm sure Coach Jones will be pounding that point home today.

Huff has really rebounded well so far this year--7.5 per game to lead the team.

Huff is doing a great job rebounding this year and his assists are way up from last year also. Webb amazes me at the amount of rebounds he gets every game from the point guard position. Its such an advantage cause once Webb gets a rebound he is gone towards the other end. Why is it the womens games attract more fans than the guys. I just noticed the women drew over 2000 for the game against a 1-4 Drake team last night and we only drew 1700 against Montana. Seems the case everygame.

After seeing the Bison score tonight and the fact that our game against Western Illinois was one of the poorest games we have played in quite a while, I think it makes me think there is some light at the end of the tunnel. We need to get it back on track which starts with Anderson getting it going again.

Scores vs UND and NDSU were similar, but keep in mind the Bison played at WIU while WIU played at UND. Not sure how many points that swings, but it is worth noting. I think UND should be very competitive against the Bison, but again, it will almost be a "neutral" court if played at the REA. Would be a nice win if UND does it.

Scores vs UND and NDSU were similar, but keep in mind the Bison played at WIU while WIU played at UND. Not sure how many points that swings, but it is worth noting. I think UND should be very competitive against the Bison, but again, it will almost be a "neutral" court if played at the REA. Would be a nice win if UND does it.

Agreed. Home cooking is always nice, but as far as crowd atmosphere, attendance was about 800 people at WIU last night. Must have been a noisy 800 to throw the Mighty Herd off its game.

Huff is doing a great job rebounding this year and his assists are way up from last year also. Webb amazes me at the amount of rebounds he gets every game from the point guard position. Its such an advantage cause once Webb gets a rebound he is gone towards the other end. Why is it the womens games attract more fans than the guys. I just noticed the women drew over 2000 for the game against a 1-4 Drake team last night and we only drew 1700 against Montana. Seems the case everygame.

Women played at Drake (Des Moines, Iowa). I don't know what the average attendance if for BB games at Drake. But, if UND would have played Drake at the Betty, I think the attendance numbers would have been less or comparable to the men's game against Montana at the Betty.

In everyones opinion what is bigger:

1. Winning the GWC

OR

2. Beating NDSU

Beating NDSU because it is pee-your-pants-kind-of-funny to watch some of their hotheads squirm and explain why they care so much despite the fact "they've moved on." I have never denied it's a rivalry. I've never moved on from it. It's a fun rivalry with a lot of good SU backers on this board (yes, there are some Jackholes, but we have our share that like to rock the boat over on BV). Bottomline is GWC was started long ago as a transitional conference. It was needed. Now it's over. I think a win over SU would translate in a stronger recruiting position than a co-championship of a five-team transitional conference.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't a loss for NDSU. The loss came from the play by play man. Jack Michaels was the radio guy that night and he is to blame for NDSU's loss--per Lakesbison. :lol: