SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Recruiting

UND Fan

We have offered David Jesperson, a 6'9", forward out of Merrill, WS. The story from WSN:

Height/Weight

6' 9"/ 205

Grad Year

Bio

A skilled forward who can make shots facing the basket or score around the rim with his superior size, Jesperson averaged 19.1 ppg as a senior and earned unanimous first-team all-league honors in the Wisconsin Valley Conference. NCAA Division I offers from Air Force, Dartmouth, Holy Cross, Houston Baptist and The Citadel. Colgate, North Dakota and Santa Clara also expressing strong interest.

An interesting (and great) scenario would be his older brother joining him. Paul, a soph. guard at Virginia, is transferring. What a great package deal that would be. The write-up from Virgina Sports:

"The 6-6 Jesperson averaged 3.5 points and 1.7 rebounds in 56 career games at Virginia. He started 33 of 35 games in 2012-13, averaging 4.7 points and 2.2 rebounds per game. Jesperson tallied a career-high 12 points in Virginia’s 80-69 win at Maryland on Feb. 10. “I would really like to thank my coaches, teammates and all of my supporters for the opportunity I had at UVa,” Jesperson said. “They made my time here unforgettable and I’m extremely grateful for that. I wish them the best and I’m looking forward to continuing my college career at my new school.” (Photo from virginiasports.com)"

Latest update on Calcaterra

Ryan James@RyanJamesMN 1h

Former Colorado St/Cloquet center Chad Calcaterra is visiting Penn State right now

I did notice on rivals that Calcaterra is only listing UND and lists his interest as "High".

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Chad-Calcaterra-148934;_ylt=Ai8HqdmyuIB7jdLv48RzIAvXO5B4

I could be wrong, but typically it is the players or their coaches who report into rivals.

Those who are employed by Rivals, Scout, etc. do all investigative work on their own. Sure, coaches may contact them with a player here or there. But typically they look to see what players are getting notice and then expand on that. For instance, on Rivals, most of the interviews and stories are on players who already have offers or made news somehow.

We have offered David Jesperson, a 6'9", forward out of Merrill, WS. The story from WSN:

Height/Weight

6' 9"/ 205

Grad Year

Bio

A skilled forward who can make shots facing the basket or score around the rim with his superior size, Jesperson averaged 19.1 ppg as a senior and earned unanimous first-team all-league honors in the Wisconsin Valley Conference. NCAA Division I offers from Air Force, Dartmouth, Holy Cross, Houston Baptist and The Citadel. Colgate, North Dakota and Santa Clara also expressing strong interest.

An interesting (and great) scenario would be his older brother joining him. Paul, a soph. guard at Virginia, is transferring. What a great package deal that would be. The write-up from Virgina Sports:

"The 6-6 Jesperson averaged 3.5 points and 1.7 rebounds in 56 career games at Virginia. He started 33 of 35 games in 2012-13, averaging 4.7 points and 2.2 rebounds per game. Jesperson tallied a career-high 12 points in Virginia’s 80-69 win at Maryland on Feb. 10. “I would really like to thank my coaches, teammates and all of my supporters for the opportunity I had at UVa,” Jesperson said. “They made my time here unforgettable and I’m extremely grateful for that. I wish them the best and I’m looking forward to continuing my college career at my new school.” (Photo from virginiasports.com)"

This would be a nice packaged deal. A big and a tall shooting guard. We have so much to replace after next year and this would be a great start. The brothers would play 2 years together and be a great addition to this team in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

AJ Patty, the 6'8" PF out of Chicago who we had offered some time ago, has signed with Vincennes. I have no idea whether our offer was still on the table although I get the impression that we were no longer interested in him.

Offered by four DI schools yet chose the JUCO route. Academic issues.........................

A.J. Patty Discusses VU Verbal

“It seemed like a good fit for me. I like the coach, program, and campus.”

What does he like about their coaching staff and lead recruiter assistant coach Brian Davis?

“They have been recruiting me the hardest since I found out I wasn’t qualifying. When I went to visit they kept it real with me.”

Anybody have any idea who the other transfer could be?

Where did you hear about the "other transfer"?

It would be great if it were Paul Jesperson, transferring from Virginia, but I suppose he may be going to Pepperdine with his younger brother.

Where did you hear about the "other transfer"?

It would be great if it were Paul Jesperson, transferring from Virginia, but I suppose he may be going to Pepperdine with his younger brother.

Tom Miller has mentioned it multiple times but said he hasn't been able to figure out who it may be.

For me, I hope that is it a drop down (transfer from another D-1 school) that can help the team for 2014-15 and beyond. I feel that with the current team we have now plus Hooker and Calcaterra coming in, we should be fine personal wise to compete and hopefully win the Big Sky next year. This way, Jones could look for any position (cause we will need help at just about anywhere) and hopefully can ease a transition from the Huff/Anderson/Webb/Schuler class to 14-15

• 2 weeks later...

According to a tweet from Jody Norstedt, UND is apparently hosting UMKC transfer guard Estan Tyler today. He's originally from St. Paul. He led UMKC in scoring, assists and 3-point % last season. Not sure why he's transferring. I believe he has two years of eligibility remaining.

According to a tweet from Jody Norstedt, UND is apparently hosting UMKC transfer guard Estan Tyler today. He's originally from St. Paul. He led UMKC in scoring, assists and 3-point % last season. Not sure why he's transferring. I believe he has two years of eligibility remaining.

He hasn't redshirted yet so he would have 2 (I checked the UMKC player profile). Definitely was UMKC best player. This would be nice get for Jones if he can land him. He and Hooker can have some fun terrorizing the sky for 2 years.

He hasn't redshirted yet so he would have 2 (I checked the UMKC player profile). Definitely was UMKC best player. This would be nice get for Jones if he can land him. He and Hooker can have some fun terrorizing the sky for 2 years.

UMKC's new coach was an assistant from Louisville. Has added four transfers for his new system.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/22/umkc-head-coach-kareem-richardson-completes-coaching-staff/