SiouxSports.com Forum

Volleyball Recruiting

GeauxSioux

Basketball and Volleyball are considered major sports for women. People actually go to those events. Nobody really cares about softball. The average attendance for softball must be around 10 or 20. Go ahead and pound your chest about softball. Actually I didn't even know NDSU had a softball team.

Basketball and Volleyball are considered major sports for women. People actually go to those events. Nobody really cares about softball. The average attendance for softball must be around 10 or 20. Go ahead and pound your chest about softball. Actually I didn't even know NDSU had a softball team.

I only knew NDSU had a softball team when some of their players got busted by the law but unlike the football team and Gene Taylor, actually got suspended by the female AD.

Yet, NDSU plays you in Volleyball and basketball, vs. you ducking NDSU in softball the past 4 years. A new arena and coaching change is basketball will turn it around. Volleyball had been dominant and higher ranked than your squad save last year, so pound your chest while you can in 1 or 2 sports.

UND volleyball has been better than FU for a couple years now. Our basketball team isn't great but is much, much better than FU right now.

I don't know if I'd hang my hat on a new facility. All the money at FU right now is being pumped into football and men's hoops right now. It will take years for the women's programs to get back on track.

UND volleyball has been better than FU for a couple years now. Our basketball team isn't great but is much, much better than FU right now.

I don't know if I'd hang my hat on a new facility. All the money at FU right now is being pumped into football and lawyers right now. It will take years for the women's programs to get back on track.

FIFY

I don't know if I'd hang my hat on a new facility. All the money at FU right now is being pumped into football and men's hoops right now. It will take years for the women's programs to get back on track.

NDSU women's athletics is viewed by area recruits as favoring lesbian girls over straight girls, almost to the extent that straight girls feel slighted. Money doesn't have much to do with it. That perception can only really change with a change of admin. Neither the VB or BB teams can keep players.

That's the attitude that has UND is last place in the BSC all sports standings.

Your women's programs are certainly something to brag about. Our last place teams in the big sky are still much better than yours, minus softball. Add to that a women's swimming team in a new conference and a national tournament hockey team and you can have you middle of the road summit league women's programs.

• Upvote 1

Wait until the sexual powderkeg there blows up. Lynn Dorn is unfireable: two weaks without pay for an egregious sexual statement to a male athlete. If a man had made such a comment to a women, the man would have been fired so fast your head would have spun around. NDSU is simply so afraid that Lynn Dorn would turn around with a law suit that would empty the BSA bank account so quick that nothing will ever get remodeled to replace that pit. A male coach under Lynn Dorn faces an impossible job unless he intimately knows her rules of lesbian society: i.e. never be tough on a lesbian athlete but be ultra tough on the straight ones.

Kind of like the Julie Hermann situation at Rutgers: Rutgers was bound and determined to fire her for her abusive and eggregious behavior but all that stopped when Rutgers found out that Julie Herman was planning a discrimination case against Rutgers due to a lesbian defense. Hermann could have owned Rutgers athletics, so now Rutgers has stopped any talk of canning her. Louisville considered Hermann a big problem before, so wrote some nice letters to pawn her off as Rutgers AD. Louisville is like the best run program in the country: move up two leagues in 10 years, be powers in multiple sports, and pawn off the problem employees to your competitors. The Big Ten lost big on this while the Louisville already gave the ACC redemption for losing Maryland to the Big Ten.

• Upvote 1

Your women's programs are certainly something to brag about. Our last place teams in the big sky are still much better than yours, minus softball. Add to that a women's swimming team in a new conference and a national tournament hockey team and you can have you middle of the road summit league women's programs.

Minus (5)

T&F NDSU

CC NDSU

Soccer NDSU

Softball NDSU

Gof NDSU

BB UND

VB UND

I'd give NDSU the solid advantage in 5 Women's sports vs. 2 right now where the 2 schools compete. Hopefully our BB coach is not renewed in 2014, and a new era can begin. NDSU has been in the ncaa tournament in VB, Soccer, SB, with some great national successes in T&F and Gof. If you want to talk womens sports, NDSU has been far superior and more successful in DI. Only BB has not been on the national stage (CC I have no idea). VB is definitely a concern for NDSU right now.

Too bad NDSU doesn't compete in the women's sport where UND sends players to the Olympics (for more than one country).

I guess we shan't bring that up. #buttWhockey

Nor do we share that a UND women's sport was a top 8 school in the NCAA's, nor can we share that a certain sport scored big for the AD's Cup. #butthockeycan'tcount

UND women's attendance:

UND WHockey 26,000

UND BB 20,000

UND VB 10,000

UND Soc 1,000

UND Soft 300

Total 57,300

(UND Women's Swimming, T&F, CC, golf, and Tennis don't list attendance)

NDSU women's attendance

NDSU VB 9,200

NDSU BB 11,100

NDSU Soc 1,000

NDSU Soft 900

Total 22,300

57,000 for UND vs 22,300 for NDSU

NDSU really doesn't give a !@#$ about women's sports. It's all #butfootball. WBB has crashed and burned there and VB will soon follow at NDSU.

Nor do we share that a UND women's sport was a top 8 school in the NCAA's, nor can we share that a certain sport scored big for the AD's Cup. #butthockeycan'tcount

UND women's attendance:

UND WHockey 26,000

UND BB 20,000

UND VB 10,000

UND Soc 1,000

UND Soft 300

Total 57,300

(UND Women's Swimming, T&F, CC, golf, and Tennis don't list attendance)

NDSU women's attendance

NDSU VB 9,200

NDSU BB 11,100

NDSU Soc 1,000

NDSU Soft 900

Total 22,300

57,000 for UND vs 22,300 for NDSU

NDSU really doesn't give a !@#$ about women's sports. It's all #butfootball. WBB has crashed and burned there and VB will soon follow at NDSU.

As usual your logic is flawless! Fact is Womens sports at NDSU are light years more sucessful (NCAA appearances) than yours.

As usual your logic is flawless! Fact is Womens sports at NDSU are light years more sucessful (NCAA appearances) than yours.

And the fans are waiting in line to see those teams in action. At least you'll have your past success to fall back on when you WBB and VB teams are struggling through this year. Have you filled the rosters of those teams yet? When are open tryouts? Face the facts Dan, besides Women's T&F and a softball team who choked last season your women's athletic department is a hot mess.

• Upvote 1

And the fans are waiting in line to see those teams in action. At least you'll have your past success to fall back on when you WBB and VB teams are struggling through this year. Have you filled the rosters of those teams yet? When are open tryouts? Face the facts Dan, besides Women's T&F and a softball team who choked last season your women's athletic department is a hot mess.

Remember - LAST PLACE in the BSC.......... "NDSU - North Dakota State University claimed The Summit League's Dr. Helen Smiley Women's All-Sports Award for the fourth consecutive year, the league office announced Tuesday, June 4.

The Bison won their fourth straight Dr. Helen Smiley Award after placing first in women's cross country, women's indoor track & field, women's golf, softball and women's outdoor track & field. NDSU also won the men's outdoor track & field title and placed in the top-two in seven of its 14 eligible championships."

Yeah that's a mess you'd love to have.

Remember - LAST PLACE in the BSC.......... "NDSU - North Dakota State University claimed The Summit League's Dr. Helen Smiley Women's All-Sports Award for the fourth consecutive year, the league office announced Tuesday, June 4.

The Bison won their fourth straight Dr. Helen Smiley Award after placing first in women's cross country, women's indoor track & field, women's golf, softball and women's outdoor track & field. NDSU also won the men's outdoor track & field title and placed in the top-two in seven of its 14 eligible championships."

Dan, you just try too hard. But thanks for your interest in UND Athletics.

WBB and VB...not optimistic :( Not like I go to their games anyway....only been to like 3 volleyball matches in 3 seasons of living here. Would be nice to see them win though.

the fact is that the ndac had about a five year window of opportunity to distance themselves from UND and they pissed thosed years away and the balance of power in North Dakota is tipping and will continue to tip towards Grand Forks...

UND is certainly doing better in the sports I'd like to see NDSU doing better in. Volleyball and basketball.

WBB and VB...not optimistic :sad: Not like I go to their games anyway....only been to like 3 volleyball matches in 3 seasons of living here. Would be nice to see them win though.

UND is certainly doing better in the sports I'd like to see NDSU doing better in. Volleyball and basketball.

Myself, I like going to the Colorado State women's volleyball games. They're competitive and usually win the MWC. They usually have a fairly decent crowd. I used to like the women's basketball games too, but they haven't put together a decent team in the past few years.

Congrats, you play in a conference that is held together by threads and other women's programs aren't fully funded. High five!

UND just came out of a rough transition period, but now that the IPF is a reality (how's the BSA coming by the way?), I foresee some definite improvement in the women's sports besides WBB and VB which are holding their own right now.