SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 - 2011 ND High School Hockey

Stackin Da Pads

Red River beat GFC tonight 3-1. Red River boys are now all alone atop the EDC. Central is in a free fall right now. They have now lost three straight in conference play.

Regionals start on the 17th.

Central did not look good tonight. Red River was the better team. It will be interesting to see if they turn it around or not.

Since my step dad is from Botno I have been following them on the site but has anyone seen them play this year. I see they put up tons of points. Are they legit or the west that weak.

I think they are legit. They are struggling with some sick kids and injuries right now so hopefully they will be ready tournament time. Watched them on Saturday against Bismarck Century and they were terrible. Probably the worst I have seen them all year. Who is your step dad, I probably know him?

Went to the RR vs, Central game tonight. RR was by far the better team. Nice little scrum at the end of the game too. Anybody know if they called any majors at the end? I believe the rule says 1 punch is a fight, so its a possibility.

If I heard correctly:

GFC will lose #7 Luke Johnson & #16 Jared Sorlien and RR will lose #19 Alan Zahui and one of the Bernhardson boys on defense (didn't hear which).

They will be out for their next games, both Thursday. RR is at home against Fargo North and Central heads down to play Wahp/Breck.

If I heard correctly:

GFC will lose #7 Luke Johnson & #16 Jared Sorlien and RR will lose #19 Alan Zahui and one of the Bernhardson boys on defense (didn't hear which).

They will be out for their next games, both Thursday. RR is at home against Fargo North and Central heads down to play Wahp/Breck.

That shouldn't hurt Central since they r playing Whap/Breck, but Zahui could hurt although I was not real impressed with him. North is playing good hockey right now. It may be a interesting game.

Red River beat GFC tonight 3-1. Red River boys are now all alone atop the EDC. Central is in a free fall right now. They have now lost three straight in conference play.

Regionals start on the 17th.

all alone? theyre tied with west fargo and 1 point ahead of Grafton...i wouldn't call that all alone...the top 5 teams are all close...anybody can beat anybody right now...im liking this season

all alone? theyre tied with west fargo and 1 point ahead of Grafton...i wouldn't call that all alone...the top 5 teams are all close...anybody can beat anybody right now...im liking this season

Red River has played fewer game, so yes, all alone. They should end up with the #1 seed with more opportunities to get points in the last week of the season than the other top EDC teams.

I think they are legit. They are struggling with some sick kids and injuries right now so hopefully they will be ready tournament time. Watched them on Saturday against Bismarck Century and they were terrible. Probably the worst I have seen them all year. Who is your step dad, I probably know him?

Went to the RR vs, Central game tonight. RR was by far the better team. Nice little scrum at the end of the game too. Anybody know if they called any majors at the end? I believe the rule says 1 punch is a fight, so its a possibility.

Rodney Helgeson

However you want to slice it a GF team will be champion once again.

A couple of key games later this week that will probably decide how the top 4 seeds are shuffled. Thursday, West Fargo at Red River and Saturday, Red River at Grafton. Central has a trip to Fargo South also on Thursday.

Keaton Thompson was added to the Force team today. He will join after the High School season is done.

This kid is a real nice hockey player with bright future in front of him. I saw him play and was real impressed, he totally controlled the game when he was on the ice. He sees the ice well, is big, good shot and he will only get better.

Tonight was a big night in the EDC, but it clarified nothing. West Fargo beat Red River in GF. West Fargo is now on top of the conference by two points over the riders. However, a win Saturday by the riders (@ Grafton/Park River) would give them the #1 seed by virtue of head-head goal differential. If GPR wins, West Fargo will go into the EDC tourney as the #1 seed.

Also on Thursday, South/Shanley upset Grand Forks Central 6-4 in Fargo. Central is now the #4 seed and will play the late game of the afternoon session against North or Devils Lake.

In the West Region tonight Bismarck High beat Jamestown. These two will play again in the first round of teh regional tourney as the 4 and 5 seeds respectively. Regular Season play ends across the state on Saturday. The picture will be clearer then. It

I never post on this thread because certain people always feel the need to feel high and mighty in the world of high school hockey in North Dakota. But anyways, here are the regional tournament seeds and opening round games.

EDC

#1 Red River vs. #8 Davies or Wahpeton (pending play in game)

#4 Grand Forks Central vs. #5 Devils Lake

#2 West Fargo vs. #7 Fargo South/Shanley

#3 Grafton PR vs. #6 Fargo North

WDA

#1 Century vs. #8 Williston or Dickinson (pending play in game)

#4 Bismarck High vs. #5 Jamestown

#2 Minot vs. #7 Hazen/Beulah

#3 Bottineau vs. #6 Mandan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GFRR 7 davies 0

GFC 3 DL 1

Both pretyt good games. the red river game got out of hand int eh third but before that the dacvies goalie stood on hsi head. THompson from DL had several scouts at the game looking at home. Didnthave his best game of his life by any means

:D:D