SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana Watch

star2city

I get such a kick out of you. I went to the board and one poster mentions ORU in addition to Murray State or GSU as possible invitees into the SBC. The only mention of UMKC was when a poster talked about a time when the Summit could have been a southern based conference and that UMKC and UALR are similar. Do you really believe the crap you write? No where does anyone "seem to believe" that ORU or UMKC may be invited to the Sunbelt. How funny.

The subtleties certainly escape your noggin. The chances of ORU or UMKC going to the Sunbelt are higher than UALR going to the Summit. Both are slim to none.

Can that sink into a tiny bunny brain?

Just because UALR is talked about on a Bison or Jack board or Kolpack himself, somehow that makes a move plausible, but when UALR fans actually talk about something entirely different, that's insanity by your logic. UALR will stay where it is, or at most move to the Southland. UALR to the Summit is just a dream for Bison and Bunny fans under the incredible delusion that (a) UND will come begging back to the Summit and (b) be blocked from membership by UALR's acceptance. There is so much love and good will coming toward UND. If you weren't so concerned about us, you wouldn't be here.

BTW, you're the bunny fan that insists Montana is gone, the Sioux name is disrespectful, and UND is screwed in the Big Sky. What a pinheaded idiot. :lol:

Might have been a lot more bitching from a 380 mile bus ride in a blizzard from GF to Vermillion or vice versa. Vermillion is not exactly close to anything for easy travel west either. Actually the best travel partner for UND would be NDSU or even Minnesota (oh my god, would they be competitive in the BSC?)

Football?? No, Minnesota would not be competative in the Big Sky. I would see the NSIC as a better home for Gopher Football.

The WAC is such a mess, I am not sure it will survive another round of defections. I wonder if Hawaii is still thinking about going indy? They are the last decent WAC school.

What is going to happen to Idaho? There was some speculation (perhaps wishfully) that they may move back to FCS and Big Sky.

From the linked article above ...

Another variable on the financial side is a comparison of athletic budgets between the University of Idaho and Montana. The Vandals struggle to compete in the WAC with a budget of nearly $8 million dollars more than Montana's.

Montana is staying, just announced:

UM staying in Big Sky Conference

MISSOULA - University of Montana officials have announced that they will not be leaving the Big Sky Conference.

UM President Royce Engstrom says that the Griz will stay in the Big Sky Conference and the Football Championship Subdivision.

Engstrom said three principles guided his decision.

First, he wanted to maintain the cross-state rivalry between UM and Montana State University-Bozeman, which he regards as essential to the state's cultural fabric.

Second, he wanted UM to compete with more mission-similar institutions. He said the recent addition of the University of North Dakota strengthened the Big Sky Conference in that regard.

Finally, he wanted to ensure that UM athletic teams can compete successfully and maintain the prestige and integrity the program has demonstrated over the years.

Beautiful! Big Sky is looking pretty damn good!

This can't be true. There are a couple of NDSU and SDSU fans blowing up every message board in the country claiming Montana is gone. ;)

The Big Sky just got a whole lot less cloudy.

This can't be true either...

Second, he wanted UM to compete with more mission-similar institutions. He said the recent addition of the University of North Dakota strengthened the Big Sky Conference in that regard.

because I keep reading otherwise. :D

Great news for the Sioux and Big Sky. Hopefully this weekend is the start of a good rivalry between the Sioux and Griz.

Also is good news for FCS football in general. Hopefully Villanova & Ap State also decide to commit to the FCS level. Still believe some of the lower level FBS teams would be better served by moving their football to FCS. It would allow them to better compete and would improve the image of FCS as the best alternative for most non BCS teams.

PS - Must have been the good experience Engstrom received during his tenure at USD that gave him the wisdom to make this decision.

Second, he wanted UM to compete with more mission-similar institutions. He said the recent addition of the University of North Dakota strengthened the Big Sky Conference in that regard

Sounds like a quote from a president who is as pissed to have UND in the conference as bison and jacks fans want to believe.

Just possibly do you think Jack and bison fans might of just made it up that the Big Sky didn't really want UND? It sure sounds like they think UND is more than welcome and actually might of helped sway Montana into staying in the Big Sky. This news has to be shocking and disappointing to the fans and administrations of SDSU and NDSU. Big Sky here we come.

Just possibly do you think Jack and bison fans might of just made it up that the Big Sky didn't really want UND? It sure sounds like they think UND is more than welcome and actually might of helped sway Montana into staying in the Big Sky. This news has to be shocking and disappointing to the fans and administrations of SDSU and NDSU. Big Sky here we come.

How about their reaction if St. Cloud and Omaha and other former NCC teams start joining the Summit? I think they will start begging UND to let them into the Big Sky and dump SDSU like a bad rabbit, I mean habbit.

Just to ensure the Trolls with the poor reading comprehension can see this:

Montana is staying in the Big Sky in part because UM wanted to compete with more mission-similar institutions. Engstrom said the recent addition of the University of North Dakota strengthened the Big Sky Conference in that regard.

With the big news of Montana staying in the Big Sky I suppose NDSU might be sniffing to get in the Big Sky down the road. If they do come begging, how do you think UND would vote on whether to add NDSU? It might be interesting. They sure never made any effort to get us in their conference( in fact just the opposite).

With the big news of Montana staying in the Big Sky I suppose NDSU might be sniffing to get in the Big Sky down the road. If they do come begging, how do you think UND would vote on whether to add NDSU? It might be interesting. They sure never made any effort to get us in their conference( in fact just the opposite).

IF, NDSU was to inquire about Big Sky, UND would likely do anything possible to assist in getting them in.

• Upvote 1

There's no reason for NDSU to go to the BSC even if they asked. Very happy where we're at.