6 Boston University 2-1-0 66 6

7 Boston College 2-0-0 52 9

8 North Dakota 2-2-0 45 10

9 Harvard 0-0-0 36 7

10 Ohio State 2-0-0 12 NR

10 Providence 3-1-0 12 NR

Others Receiving Votes: Quinnipiac 8

• Upvote 1

Second in the poll got more first place votes? That's goofy looking.

Did you happen to notice that Cornell hasn't even played a game yet this season? Now that's goofy...

USA Today/USA Hockey Poll

Team (First Place) Record Points Last Week

1 Cornell (12) 0-0-0 180 2

2 Wisconsin (5) 4-0-0 165 4

3 Minnesota Duluth (1) 3-1-0 146 5

4 Mercyhurst (1) 5-1-0 139 1

5 Boston University 4-1-0 110 6

6 North Dakota 4-2-0 105 7

7 Minnesota 3-2-0 63 3

8 Boston College 4-0-0 62 8

9 Ohio State 4-0-0 35 10

10 Harvard 0-0-0 23 9

Half of the ECAC hasn't played a game yet. They usually start after everyone else.

Yup, and saying that makes it hard for me to justify a number 1 national ranking to Cornell. I'm sure they have a good team ... but they have yet to prove it to anyone. Just a little pet peeve of mine.

Yup, and saying that makes it hard for me to justify a number 1 national ranking to Cornell. I'm sure they have a good team ... but they have yet to prove it to anyone. Just a little pet peeve of mine.

I'm not a big fan of polls at all. They are just an opinion. I don't think that polls in the first half of the season have any meaning at all. But if a team is ranked near the top of the polls at the beginning of the season I don't think you can start knocking them down the polls just because they haven't played yet. Should a team lose standing in a poll just because they have a bye week in the middle of the season? The ECAC teams have started with a couple of bye weeks.

I'm not a big fan of polls at all. They are just an opinion. I don't think that polls in the first half of the season have any meaning at all. But if a team is ranked near the top of the polls at the beginning of the season I don't think you can start knocking them down the polls just because they haven't played yet. Should a team lose standing in a poll just because they have a bye week in the middle of the season? The ECAC teams have started with a couple of bye weeks.

I'm all for maintaining position. It's moving up where my issue is. I agree polls aren't anything but a thing to look at as a comparison tool, but I just don't agree a team should move up based on zero games played when other teams have played. I'm pretty set on this opinion, so we might as well end this conversation now. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...