SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. BU

sprig

Was at the game today and was very impressed with the team and their play. Noticed that they only had 3 complete lines and an extra forward, thought BU might be able to wear them out with their 4 complete lines. The BU goalie looked a little shell shocked after the third goal.

I was disappointed that the band wasn't there, would have been a great addition to help usher in the new era in the women's program. The rest of the game experience was off to. The usual men's musical selections were absent as well as the gimicks they use to get the crowd pumped up and there were several situations where it seemed needed. There was a small group of students that sieved the goalie but that was about it. It seemed the crowd wanted to be more involved but without the band, a major student presence, and lack of prompting from the sound booth, the crowd didn't know what to do.

Now the big delema, I am going to the mens game tomorrow night, but do I now also go to the womens game?

It certainly was nice that they could put Monique back on defense in important situations. Their defense could really use a difference-maker, but they are pretty young, so maybe someone will step up. The nice part is that they can always fill in with the Twins in key situations in any game, so they should be competitive with the best. Only wish they had Karvinen to add to the mix this year.

I'd never been to a women's hockey game before today. I wasn't blown away by any means, but if it builds from here I would certainly attend more in the future.

That's fantastic to hear! While I was in school my friends and I frequently went to the womens simply because we love hockey. I'm glad to hear that people that have never been to women's hockey before are not at least giving it a shot and attending a game. I wish that I was closer so that I could continue to support the team as well. Go job today ladies and get the sweep tomorrow! :)

As far as the band not being there, they were obviously at the football game and I don't believe that the band is large enough to be in two places at once. I seem to recall the band attending some women's games when I was in school and I just checked with my friend who is still in the band and they will be attending every game in the future (unless it conflicts with football), so expect them in the future. Another thing that I'm not sure whether or not happened today, but Sioux Crew my senior year was doing a points system where you earned points for sporting events attended and with points you got prizes... I believe that the Greek houses had a competition as well to see who could get the most members to athletic events (I'm not sure who organized this whether it was Sioux Crew, the Greek houses, or the athletic department) but my senior year there was frequently more than 100 students in the student section (I'm not good at estimating) with a large number of them being Greek and having signs.

Thats a bigger crowd than they get for the boys state hockey tournament championship game. Great crowd. Hopefully tomorrow a lot of people come for the doubleheader. Could be a great crowd with no Vikes football tomorrow.....4,000 maybe?

Thats a bigger crowd than they get for the boys state hockey tournament championship game. Great crowd. Hopefully tomorrow a lot of people come for the doubleheader. Could be a great crowd with no Vikes football tomorrow.....4,000 maybe?

It would make sense to make an afternoon of it. Especially with no vikes playing. Women's game, then men, just like the old NCC basketball doubleheader days!

I and 5 others will be making the trip from Jamestown for both games tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I thought the womens game was supposed to be televised on FSSN today. The guide on midco is all messed up for FSSN.

Every year this happens. I call our cable company and they always blame someone at UND for not turning on the feed. No idea if it is true or not, but this is at least the 4th straight year for the first game(s) to be screwed up. I doubt anyone is monitoring this site from UND that can make sure everything is done on their end, either.

I thought the womens game was supposed to be televised on FSSN today. The guide on midco is all messed up for FSSN.

Every year this happens. I call our cable company and they always blame someone at UND for not turning on the feed. No idea if it is true or not, but this is at least the 4th straight year for the first game(s) to be screwed up. I doubt anyone is monitoring this site from UND that can make sure everything is done on their end, either.

They usually have the bugs out by the second week. But that doesn't solve this week...

Today' women's game is not on FSSN; there is a audio and video webcast. Sioux down 3-1

Saw your post after making the other one. Changes things a bit, but hope they'll have the game on tonight, as I am staying in town to work and not making the trip to the northwest. Not holding my breath, though. First weekend never goes as planned with the FSSN.

Saw your post after making the other one. Changes things a bit, but hope they'll have the game on tonight, as I am staying in town to work and not making the trip to the northwest. Not holding my breath, though. First weekend never goes as planned with the FSSN.

The men's game will be on

The men's game will be on

As I suspected, ACS is playing instrumental music and scrolling ads/community announcements on the channel that usually carries the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. Even was lucky enough to hear the theme to "Young and the Restless" a minute ago. Yippee. sad.gif

As I suspected, ACS is playing instrumental music and scrolling ads/community announcements on the channel that usually carries the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. Even was lucky enough to hear the theme to "Young and the Restless" a minute ago. Yippee. sad.gif

what channel number were you watching? The FSSN channel? the FCS channels? I watched it just fine on FCS, I have Comcast

what channel number were you watching? The FSSN channel? the FCS channels? I watched it just fine on FCS, I have Comcast

I have ACS cable in my town. They USUALLY play the Sioux on a local channel called "locallink". Direct FSSN feed. Whoever was in charge of "flipping the switch" (if that is what it takes) finally woke up about 3 minutes into the 3rd period.