SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting 2010/2011

GeauxSioux

First, he verballed to you in Sept. so its not a surprise to those of us who know bball that he signed with you.

Second, you're a dope. Go spread your venom somewhere where it will be found entertaining.

Coach, what are you doing? Don't you know that it's not fair to use facts when NDSU fans are trying to spread their agenda?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have known but it was early in the morning and the guy is just a complete dumb***. If I'd had one more coffee before I read the post, I'd have let it go. Sorry. :D

No, since we have been told that NDSU has NO chance of successfully recruiting against UND, I just think of it as a coup anytime NDSU can get a kid in any sport that UND offered and think it needs to be pointed out since it is such a great feat. Kids de-commit all of the time and I was sure after the annoucement heard round the world of UND to the BSC, the Lindberg kid was gone. In fact, taking a kid away from UND mens basketball is equivalent of taking one away from Duke or Kentucky.

Well I guess its not Waldorf College, but the Bison are up 39-37 at Oregon at the half.

That's nice. But I think that you're a little confused. You will probably find some interested people on an NDSU board instead of a UND board. Don't worry, it's an easy mistake to make. Thanks for the report, and thanks for your interest in UND athletics.

NDSU played at Oregon??? Isn't that too far for you guys to travel???

Seriously though, Oregon is a nice tune-up for your upcoming contests against Mayville & Valley City. ;)

Both home games. Their first 4 home games are UMC, Concordia, Mayville St. and Valley City. Might as well have season tickets to UND games right now. :D

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to figure out our scholarship situation for next year as of right now.

I am presuming that both Benton and Gentry will both be here on scholarship next season. Given that we only have 2 seniors on the roster I'm assuming those are our only 2 recruits we will get this season?

If that, then am I correct to assume that we will have 2 scholarships to recruit/fill next season as well with Mitchell and Mathison graduating?

Do you think that Jones would pull scholarships off of kids (won't name who i think he should) that have done little to nothing so far in order to get bigger and more athletic before we hit the Big Sky?

I know at the end of the November signing period, we had one scholarship available. I didn't realize that was because Benton was walking on - that isn't a good sign it that he must not have gotten much interest from other schools.

It will be interesting if everyone comes back next year. I would guess there may be a couple wanting more playing time. Unless one of them isn't working as hard on the court or in the classroom as the coaching staff would like, I don't think we would cut any of them loose.

One big JUCO player would work. And when I say big I mean BIG in size (big body) not necessarily 6'10" of bigger. I would take someone 6'9" and about 250+. I dont see anyone quiting the team that is on scholarship. The red shirt sophomore class will be entering their 4th year of academics next year and could graduate with a fully paid education by sticking out one more year. I dont think the coaches with take any of these players off scholarship because the work and time they are putting in. The results may not be showing up on game night nor the playing time but as you watch the games the rotation is down to around 8-9 players. Maybe behind the scene in practice these players are pushing the other players to be better and the coaching staff likes this. I am sure there are better options out there but will the coaches cut someone that has put in 3 years already into the program. I dont think so. I wish they would but that is a very difficult and tough decision to make.

Not sure which national sports talk radio chain I was listening to (Fox Sports Radio, ESPN Radio, one of those) but they were prattling on about how schools like ... Kentucky and Louisville :ohmy: can't find quality big, inside players because there aren't skilled big men like there used to be. If they can't ...

Not sure which national sports talk radio chain I was listening to (Fox Sports Radio, ESPN Radio, one of those) but they were prattling on about how schools like ... Kentucky and Louisville :ohmy: can't find quality big, inside players because there aren't skilled big men like there used to be. If they can't ...

Let's be honest, What we realistically need is a quality big man. However, what I think we need that we can get is someone who is like 6'9 and strong and can jump. Someone who can hit midrange shots and but mostly can get rebounds -While being just enough of a threat to draw defenders down to kick out to our shooters.

One big JUCO player would work. And when I say big I mean BIG in size (big body) not necessarily 6'10" of bigger. I would take someone 6'9" and about 250+. I dont see anyone quiting the team that is on scholarship. The red shirt sophomore class will be entering their 4th year of academics next year and could graduate with a fully paid education by sticking out one more year. I dont think the coaches with take any of these players off scholarship because the work and time they are putting in. The results may not be showing up on game night nor the playing time but as you watch the games the rotation is down to around 8-9 players. Maybe behind the scene in practice these players are pushing the other players to be better and the coaching staff likes this. I am sure there are better options out there but will the coaches cut someone that has put in 3 years already into the program. I dont think so. I wish they would but that is a very difficult and tough decision to make.

IMHO, Jones job is dependent on bringing in some inside talent. With any of the sophomores don't get a full ride next year: guess they will have to be satisfied with three years of having their room, board, and tuition paid. Wow, that would really suck if they only got three years of college fully paid for. :silly:

A lot of academic scholarships are dependent on performance, why not athletic scholarships? Should a coach continually get a contract renewed regardless of on-court performance? If the fan base is abandoning the team? Welcome to DI (and DII).

Guenther used to drop scholarships. So did Blais and almost any other coach worth his salt.

IMHO, Jones job is dependent on bringing in some inside talent. With any of the sophomores don't get a full ride next year: guess they will have to be satisfied with three years of having their room, board, and tuition paid. Wow, that would really suck if they only got three years of college fully paid for. :silly:

A lot of academic scholarships are dependent on performance, why not athletic scholarships? Should a coach continually get a contract renewed regardless of on-court performance? If the fan base is abandoning the team? Welcome to DI (and DII).

Guenther used to drop scholarships. So did Blais and almost any other coach worth his salt.

Jones has a choice, he can either cut some of these guys loose and use the scholarships to get players who are talented enough to play at this level or he can keep these guys on scholarship and lose his job. He really won't be doing any of the players a favor as any new coach that comes in will cut a lot of these guys loose as soon as he gets on campus.

Rivals is showing an offer out to Wesley Washpun of Cedar Rapids (UNI and SDSU also have offers). Do we really need another point guard?

Two recruits that Rivals shows with UND interest are small forwards Michael Emge of Faribault and Alex Richter of Lakeville South..

No sign that Jones will be bulking up the inside.

Anybody know anything about any of these 3 players? Any preference if we can only get 1 (which I think we only can scholly one more player), which one would you like to see us get?

Also in regards to bulking up in size. I spoke earlier about my perception of the need to find an "undersized" center who is strong enough to get rebounds, can scored modestly and make shots midrange and in. Someone who is just enough of a threat to draw down defenders and kick out to our shooters. Now, the Wilmer injury is unfortunate but the more I see of Brekke the more I think he could be that for us. He has been playing very well lately and should see more minutes the rest of this season with Wilmer out.

I'm not much of a recruiting guru, but I see there is a 6'7" kid from Cando, ND with the last name Lindahl. He's averaging 18 points and 9 rebounds per game. I assume he is related to former Sioux Evan Lindahl. Would UND show in interest there, or perhaps a better question, is it worth showing any interest there?