SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting 2010/2011

GeauxSioux

Lindberg gears up for senior season
Even though Lindberg is still improving his game, colleges are already impressed with his play. Right now he has six Division I offers, the newest ones from the University of North Dakota, San Diego University and Santa Clara University. He received offers from the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and the University of Toledo earlier this year. All are full-ride scholarships. Lindberg has said he will not make a decision until after the basketball season is over.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what we need another guard, NOT. We have 2 new point guards coming in this year and if he is added that is 3 point guards next year and several combo guards that can also run point. Why not recruit some dominant big men for a change?

"Dominant" big men don't come to small DI schools with no chance of playing in the tourney.

"Dominant" big men don't come to small DI schools with no chance of playing in the tourney.

Judging by most of the teams in the Summit, it appears being tournament-eligible doesn't necessarily make it all that much easier to recruit high-quality bigs. It would be nice to find another Vonesh, Gardner, T. Johnson, Behrens, etc. though. They may not have been dominant at the dI level, but they'd have been pretty effective IMO.

Judging by most of the teams in the Summit, it appears being tournament-eligible doesn't necessarily make it all that much easier to recruit high-quality bigs. It would be nice to find another Vonesh, Gardner, T. Johnson, Behrens, etc. though. They may not have been dominant at the dI level, but they'd have been pretty effective IMO.

Vonesh is one who popped in my head when I read Coach's post. No he isn't a dI dominant, but he would have held his own at that level.

I should not have used the word dominant. How about a very good big man to compliment all the guards. A player or two that plays above the rim. In my opionion way too many guards is my point.

And their point is that recruiting quality bigs to a small DI school, much less one going through transition, is very difficult. Therefore you take the best players you can get.

Just what we need another guard, NOT. We have 2 new point guards coming in this year and if he is added that is 3 point guards next year and several combo guards that can also run point. Why not recruit some dominant big men for a change?

So you don't think we are trying to land talented big men? If so, you are quite naive!

So you don't think we are trying to land talented big men? If so, you are quite naive!

Exactly. It isn't like the coaches have decided it's too hard to coach big men so they don't recruit them. Most teams at the lower end of the DI spectrum have a shortage of talented big men.

• 1 month later...

New Commitment: Josh Gentry, (Indianapolis) Pike, 6'4", shooting guard

IndyStar Twitters:

HHReport Pike's Josh Gentry, 6'4" senior guard committed to North Dakota. The D1 school is headed up by former Iowa assistant Brian Jones.

star_recruits Pike's Josh Gentry (2011) picked up an offer from North Dakota today.
(8/25)

Indy Star: Colleges taking took at Pike's Josh Gentry

Youtube

He hasn't played much and he certainly needs to add some pounds but other pretty good programs were looking at him so the potential must be there. He has a weird looking shot but if they go in......

If he works hard both on the court and in the weight room, he looks like he could be a diamond in the rough and could develop into a real difference-maker. I like his demeanor on the court.

I knew there was something about that high school that this kid plays at, was ringing a bell. His teammate was one of the top 5 recruits in the country and has verballed to Kentucky.My link. Plus this High School finished 2nd in the national rankings the year that Labrons high school team, St. Vincents? finished as the top ranked team. Apparently, this school knows basketball and I hope I assume correctly that if your going to be on this team, you would have to have some ability and talent.

I knew there was something about that high school that this kid plays at, was ringing a bell. His teammate was one of the top 5 recruits in the country and has verballed to Kentucky.My link. Plus this High School finished 2nd in the national rankings the year that Labrons high school team, St. Vincents? finished as the top ranked team. Apparently, this school knows basketball and I hope I assume correctly that if your going to be on this team, you would have to have some ability and talent.

At a school like Pike, there really is no shame in being cut as a Freshman. Gentry showed a lot of drive and character to go back and be competitive.

You make a good point. If this is one of the top HS BB programs in the country, it would be that uncommon that a junior didn't get a lot of game time.

Lost an Illinois player to SDSU

But Fremd senior guard Zach Monaghan doesn't view the verbal commitment he made Tuesday to Division I South Dakota State University as if it's a school not even on the radar. "I could see myself there and it's not a small school at all," Monaghan said. "People hear South Dakota and look at it as if it's in the middle of nowhere but it's not. It's a nice place."

The Daily Herald All-Area pick and co-Mid-Suburban West player of the year said he also had Division I offers from North Dakota and Eastern Illinois. He said Creighton, Central Michigan and Colorado State seemed to back off a bit with their interest.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure if it has been announced up there yet but Shane Benton, a 6'3", shooting guard from Linn Mar HS in Marion, IA has apparently signed with UND today.

Kids show their stuff(s)

dunk1-511x1024.jpg

Shane Benton of Linn-Mar soars in for a dunk Friday night during the CRANDIC dunk and 3-point contest at Cedar Rapids Jefferson. Benton won the event.

Saw this kid at an AAU tourney in Duluth last spring. Very good player, big guard; looks like a running back on a football team. His coach told me Northern Iowa has also shown some interest in him but apparently no offer as of yet.

Another kid that apparently hasn't heard the UND to the Big Sky announcement. He signed with NDSU yesterday.

Another kid that apparently hasn't heard the UND to the Big Sky announcement. He signed with NDSU yesterday.

First, he verballed to you in Sept. so its not a surprise to those of us who know bball that he signed with you.

Second, you're a dope. Go spread your venom somewhere where it will be found entertaining.

Everyone calm down... don't you know that they have an obligation to come over here and remind us about every recruit they sign down there. Because as I have been told countless times from the people down there... they have won the recruiting battle every year for the past 30 years. Never have they lost a player they wanted, and we must want every player that they get. :silly::lol:

Congrats, you got a player that Santa Clara and South Dakota were after. Call me when you get a player that Kentucky or Duke are after.

He verballed to you a while back, I'm guessing you knew this. I'm also guessing you understand the importance of being in an AQ conference your comment was out of jealousy that UND is now in one. Just like most other ndsu fans are feeling a little threatened by UND to the Big Sky you had to come here and try to downplay it. Thanks for your interest in UND athletics though.