SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Your personal attacks.

:D

I do find it quite humorous that you interpreted my trolling comment as a personal attack.

As Jim mentioned above, I would be happy to continue this conversation in the appropriate forum rather than derail the Committed Recruits thread even further.

Wrong. If one does not toe the party line here you are under personal attacks. Which are against the posting rules, which are very selectivly enforced. If one brings up different and larger ways to look at topics the attacks start. I play by the rules and get attacked. I respond to the attacks and I am the bad guy? The mods know I am right but I question their fortitude by not enforcing their own rules.

I tend to go against the grain on certain topics now and then and I have not been kicked off this site....yet :) It's probably the things you say. Like making a snide comment about the Simonson's family wealth even though you later claim to be friends with them. Many of your posts seem to be coherant and with thought (ex. Rocco), then you go off the deep end with some super odd thought (that his religion has something to do with his talent). You must get your jollies off from making people mad. I have seen all your comments and I typically choose not to respond to the crazy ones knowing you are simply looking to stir the pot (except the Simonson comment). I have also resonded to numerous posts of yours that are coherant....even if I don't agree with them. It is pretty easy to tell which of your posts are real and which you simply want to piss people off.

I tend to go against the grain on certain topics now and then and I have not been kicked off this site....yet :) It's probably the things you say. Like making a snide comment about the Simonson's family wealth even though you later claim to be friends with them. Many of your posts seem to be coherant and with thought (ex. Rocco), then you go off the deep end with some super odd thought (that his religion has something to do with his talent). You must get your jollies off from making people mad. I have seen all your comments and I typically choose not to respond to the crazy ones knowing you are simply looking to stir the pot (except the Simonson comment). I have also resonded to numerous posts of yours that are coherant....even if I don't agree with them. It is pretty easy to tell which of your posts are real and which you simply want to piss people off.

None are meant to piss anyone off. People use religion to explain away things and use it to justify things. So I simply took the step to wondering if Rocco's lack of scoring had been turned over to god's will or if he was trying something else. As for Simonson I was simply thinking that if there are only 18 scholarships can they recruit someone and ask them to pay themselves. I never once made a snide comment about Simonson's wealth. I just like to look at all the options and angles of things. Not my fault that peole can not follow along. Instead of asking for clarification the attacks start instead. I am by nature a very curious person and like to check out all the angles.

None are meant to piss anyone off. People use religion to explain away things and use it to justify things. So I simply took the step to wondering if Rocco's lack of scoring had been turned over to god's will or if he was trying something else. As for Simonson I was simply thinking that if there are only 18 scholarships can they recruit someone and ask them to pay themselves. I never once made a snide comment about Simonson's wealth. I just like to look at all the options and angles of things. Not my fault that peole can not follow along. Instead of asking for clarification the attacks start instead. I am by nature a very curious person and like to check out all the angles.

There are 18 scholarships. However, the school can choose to divide the scholarship money we have up however they choose. Very few players are on a 100% scholarship. You can probably figure out who is on a complete full scholarship. We also have recruited walk ons. So the amount of scholarship money for each player varies every year.

There are 18 scholarships. However, the school can choose to divide the scholarship money we have up however they choose. Very few players are on a 100% scholarship. You can probably figure out who is on a complete full scholarship. We also have recruited walk ons. So the amount of scholarship money for each player varies every year.

I know this and have for many years. That is why I thought what I did. Recruit a good player you know will come and not have to use any scholarship money on them. That is why a good student playing DIII hockey can easily get more scholarship money than a UND hockey player can get. This also makes me wonder if they used any of Tabeleavis money on anyone else for the spring semester. Did they cut it up amongst different players for the semester?

Anybody see Cakebread play yet? thoughts?

Yes...the youngest player on a overall bad team. He is though IMO their best skilled offensive player. Good hands, vision and skates OK. Going to Force game again Friday.

Cam sees a ton of rubber every game. He is solid.

I know this and have for many years. That is why I thought what I did. Recruit a good player you know will come and not have to use any scholarship money on them. That is why a good student playing DIII hockey can easily get more scholarship money than a UND hockey player can get.

The good student portion of that is the key part since DIII schools don't offer athletic scholarships, as I'm guessing you know by your specific inclusion. Aren't athletic teams at other schools allowed to give out academic scholarships to supplement? I believe there are very specific guidelines to it, but it can be done. Not sure on the exact details though.

Yes...the youngest player on a overall bad team. He is though IMO their best skilled offensive player. Good hands, vision and skates OK. Going to Force game again Friday.

Thanks for the report. i attended a South game at Scheels around new years and really liked the rink.

The good student portion of that is the key part since DIII schools don't offer athletic scholarships, as I'm guessing you know by your specific inclusion. Aren't athletic teams at other schools allowed to give out academic scholarships to supplement? I believe there are very specific guidelines to it, but it can be done. Not sure on the exact details though.

You would think DIII schools would use academic money as an enticement along with need based money. It would be dang interesting to know how well a lot of the private school DIII hockey programs in Minnesota do. A lot of those schools have really high academic standards to get in. I know I have read that they give the general student body a lot of funds. With tutition being lower at UND than any of the Minnesota schools I wonder who really does better?

Anyone hear how Pelnik is doing in the bchl? Nice size between he(6'3) Poolman(6'2) and Mantha(6'4)

He seems to be playing nightly with a few scraps I'm guessing

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=160609

So what is the story with Pelnik? Obviously he is a defensive defensman however those numbers are just plain unlucky, doesn't he ever fire the puck. Many of you know I'm a stat guy but typically even a stay at home defenseman can manage to have even slightly below decent numbers in juniors (especially in an offensive league such as the bchl). I just wonder how his game will translate to the college level. On a positive note he is relatively young and if the weight on that site is accurate I'm guessing he has some filling out to do. He may be pretty raw and more of a project.

So what is the story with Pelnik? Obviously he is a defensive defensman however those numbers are just plain unlucky, doesn't he ever fire the puck. Many of you know I'm a stat guy but typically even a stay at home defenseman can manage to have even slightly below decent numbers in juniors (especially in an issue dive league such as the bchl). I just wonder how his game will translate to the college level. On a positive note he is relatively young and if the weight on that site is accurate I'm guessing he has some filling out to do. He may be pretty raw and more of a project.

His numbers are probably similar to what Craig Ludwig's were. I'd take that anytime. :)

His numbers are probably similar to what Craig Ludwig's were. I'd take that anytime. :)

Earliest stats on ludwig, that I can find, start with UND. His numbers while at UND were not bad at all for a stay at home defenseman. His senior year he had 31 pts in 47 games. I was not trying to bash this kid at all, he's obviously got talent or we would have never given him an offer to begin with. I typically see where even the stay at home defensemen will hav decent numbers until the hit some sort of wall (as they move up from league to league). Even Macwilliam had 29 pts in 57 games his last year in juniors. Players peak at different times though, I'll continue to follow this kid. Mantha's numbers are only slightly better however he is in a much tougher league.

Anybody see Cakebread play yet? thoughts?

We also have season tickets for the Force. Cakebread has been on and off over the course of the season, but at his age it's to be expected. He likes to hit people as well as score - good to see a physical fwd. Nice kid. So far he's pretty humble and gets wide eyed at people walking around with his jersey on. His parents come in from AZ every once in a while, and seem to really support him playing. He appears to have a good future -

So what is the story with Pelnik? ... He may be pretty raw and more of a project.

I haven't seen Pelnik since he left the Force. In Fargo, he barely saw ice time. Project was a good word to describe him at that point. His lasting impression here will be the striptease he did during a jersey auction (purple-n-pucks) that ended with him wearing a jockstrap, decorated with a smilie face, over compression shorts. More than a little inappropriate and probably cost the charity some money as bidding on his jersey ceased at that point...

Goalie recruit Cam Johnson (Fargo Force) has been traded to the Waterloo Blackhawks

http://fargoforce.co...ed-to-waterloo/

I am guessing Cam is totally fine with this trade. Fargo may be one of the worst teams in USHL history and the fact there are (were) 3 UND recruits on this team had me nervous. Time to see how Cam does in Waterloo.