SiouxSports.com Forum
AZSIOUX

COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

2 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

Drake Caggulia

That's immediately who I thought of too while reading the article.
Sounds like a very good pickup who could end up being a fan favorite.

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

That's immediately who I thought of too while reading the article.
Sounds like a very good pickup who could end up being a fan favorite.

More bleeping 21 year old Canadians.  When will it end????

RIP Wooger. :)

Herald article on UND dman commit Scott Morrow:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6481903-UND-commit-headed-to-Fargo-has-a-lot-of-Travis-Roche-in-him-Force-GM-Cary-Eades-says

"He's got a lot of Travis Roche in him," Eades said, referring to the former UND first-team All-American defenseman. "He plays a bit of a rover, which is great this day and age. He's adept defensively as well. He has a good stick and understanding of the game. But he can really add to the offensive game, starting deep in his zone, breaking out pucks and joining the rush. The guys at Shattuck have done a great job developing him."

Another Roche?  Yes please.
Geez that dman pipeline is SO stacked.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, brianvf said:

I'm a bit surprised that his commitment to UND was not mentioned, usually THN is praising the program...   Oops found the mentioned, my reading comprehension is following my memory right out the door.

Edited by 90siouxfan
brain fog

4 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Didn't Cole Spicer also have a good year last year and make the U17 team for next year?

Spicer wouldn't be eligible for a couple different reasons (1) Too young - Hlinka would be 03' birth year (2) NTDP players aren't eligible. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AJS said:

Spicer wouldn't be eligible for a couple different reasons (1) Too young - Hlinka would be 03' birth year (2) NTDP players aren't eligible. 

I had it in my head that Spicer, Panzer, and Blake are all the same age. Didn't realize Blake was a year older and NTDP players aren't eligible.

Some speculation that Mitchell Miller might drop in the draft due to a bullying incident when he was 14. I believe you have to give benefit of the doubt. He's older now and have to hope he learned from what he did.

Article about bullying incident: https://www.toledoblade.com/local/courts/2016/04/26/Judge-slams-pair-s-role-in-bullying-case/stories/20160425311

Can't tell if his attorney is a chump, or felt he was indefensible. To go on the record for that saying boys will be boys looks awful. Sounds like he was the instigator too. Surprised Schloss hasn't covered this yet, and also curious if this had anything to do with his decommit from Miami.

18 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Some speculation that Mitchell Miller might drop in the draft due to a bullying incident when he was 14. I believe you have to give benefit of the doubt. He's older now and have to hope he learned from what he did.

Article about bullying incident: https://www.toledoblade.com/local/courts/2016/04/26/Judge-slams-pair-s-role-in-bullying-case/stories/20160425311

ouch....

On 6/26/2020 at 6:12 PM, SiouxFanatic said:

Being a youth coach and dealing with this type of behavior and seeing the effects it has on kids and their interest in sports, I find zero tolerence for this type of asshat.

I guess id like to hear about a change in this young mand heart .... this is not something I want to support as part of a college hockey team.

Especially at the University of North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

While I agree that Mitchell's actions are inexcusable, I know I would hate to be judged for the rest of my life based on the worst things I've done.

3 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

While I agree that Mitchell's actions are inexcusable, I know I would hate to be judged for the rest of my life based on the worst things I've done.

I was bullied all the way through middle school. Growing a few inches changed that though. A bully is a person of weak character, and most of them never change. I'm sure this proud program has had a lot of jerkoffs like Mitchell Miller come through over the years though. It's important to point out that this guy bullied that kid for years. Disgusting.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Sioux90 said:

I was bullied all the way through middle school. Growing a few inches changed that though. A bully is a person of weak character, and most of them never change. I'm sure this proud program has had a lot of jerkoffs like Mitchell Miller come through over the years though. It's important to point out that this guy bullied that kid for years. Disgusting.

I can't speak for Mitchell or anyone else for that matter. I just know that in looking back their was a lot of things I did that I'm not proud of. I'm happy with the person I became, but their were a lot of ups and downs in getting to a place where I became a good husband, father, brother, son, friend, and coworker. Without second chances and people helping me along the way I never would have gotten to where I am now.

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2020 at 6:12 PM, SiouxFanatic said:

I'd drop him but I realize that won't happen.  I hope he still gets drafted high so there's a better chance of him moving on quicker.  If it was "just" some name calling it could be chalked up to being young and dumb.  Years of torment that included hitting a handicap kid?  That's being wired differently. 

9 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I can't speak for Mitchell or anyone else for that matter. I just know that in looking back their was a lot of things I did that I'm not proud of. I'm happy with the person I became, but their were a lot of ups and downs in getting to a place where I became a good husband, father, brother, son, friend, and coworker. Without second chances and people helping me along the way I never would have gotten to where I am now.

Well stated. He was 14. I would hate to think that we would not allow a 2nd chance to a kid who is in middle school when he made bad decisions. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Put me in your camp. Just because his discretions may have not been mine, does not make my own slate any cleaner.

”I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate, I do”  St. Paul 

All sin is a character issue, is it not? We were all created to be saints, we choose to be sinners.

• Upvote 1

I dont think we disagree, as I said I want to see a change of heart. 

Guess I have faith Berry and staff have seen this.

If not and anything resurfaces... send him to omaha.

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I dont think we disagree, as I said I want to see a change of heart. 

Guess I have faith Berry and staff have seen this.

If not and anything resurfaces... send him to omaha.

Very much hope so, considering we already had an option here (Tychonick) and another that we turned away (Luke Reid) seemingly in favor of Miller.

• Upvote 2