SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

6 hours ago, AJS said:

Last night on Twitter Youth Hockey Hub (YHH) tweeted about 7 area players they are hearing will be on next years NTDP. Spicer is one of them. 

Saw that tweet, mind boggling Nick Pierre wasn’t one of them...maybe he turned it down?  Who knows.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I really don't think any team will catch UND's attendance in the near future, but for a few years now their conference average has been higher than the NCHC's.

Is the conference average based on tickets sold or butts in seats?;)

1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

Is the conference average based on tickets sold or butts in seats?

Paid tickets, hey I'm with the Hawks.
They probably still beat our conference with butts in seats but no U ever releases that #.

If they get better players and their teams have more success, their attendance and butts in seats should go up.

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Paid tickets, hey I'm with the Hawks.
They probably still beat our conference with butts in seats but no U ever releases that #.

If they get better players and their teams have more success, their attendance and butts in seats should go up.

I'll admit their ceiilng is probably higher than the NCHC's...our quality of play is better...for now.

12 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I'll admit their ceiilng is probably higher than the NCHC's...our quality of play is better...for now.

Our quality of play in upper half of conference has been noticeably better since they formed the B1G.
What's surprised me the most is how Wisconsin slipped, they were a fierce competitor.

U9nHb3N.png

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

How is Western Mich landing these big recruits? What is the appeal. Honest question here. 

Playing in front of their fans has to be a big draw, Western’s got to have the best fans in the country. I know that we love our team at UND, but their fans are crazy and their arena allows them to be lunatics. They have a very good coaching staff and they have proven to be successful getting players ready for the next level. 

58 minutes ago, mattim said:

Playing in front of their fans has to be a big draw, Western’s got to have the best fans in the country. I know that we love our team at UND, but their fans are crazy and their arena allows them to be lunatics. They have a very good coaching staff and they have proven to be successful getting players ready for the next level. 

You copy my statement, just re-word it? :-)

2 hours ago, mattim said:

Are you implying that their "fan experience" is involvement in the game, rather than checking to see if they are on the video board, are supposed to shake their baby, sing along with Mitch, spontaneously kiss the person next to them, or wait for the encouragement to "get loud"?

54 minutes ago, Northcountry said:

Are you implying that their "fan experience" is involvement in the game, rather than checking to see if they are on the video board, are supposed to shake their baby, sing along with Mitch, spontaneously kiss the person next to them, or wait for the encouragement to "get loud"?

Ice cream kid is the only thing that can save the Ralph's game-day experience imo.