SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

51 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

at all? If you've heard something, please elaborate.

I heard this as well but didn't want to post anything until official.

So Budy signed today and being they were recruited during their final season of Juniors I would guess Ness and Gaber would be coming in as well. That would leave 2 spots....for now. Costello, Rizzo, Bowen, and Halliday seem most likely for different reasons.

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

No hard feelings towards Mancinelli for decommitting. We have a full pipeline and he has no ties to the program or even region. Can't help but think the recent commit hastened his decision.

Recent commit? I have a hard time believing that was the reason.

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I heard this as well but didn't want to post anything until official.

So Budy signed today and being they were recruited during their final season of Juniors I would guess Ness and Gaber would be coming in as well. That would leave 2 spots....for now. Costello, Rizzo, Bowen, and Halliday seem most likely for different reasons.

Also, Rizzo signed last year, if anyone has forgotten. 

I have not seen any other NLI signings on Twitter yet. 

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

I think D would be the position where additional slots may open up. Could be some early departures after the season. 

JBD

Kierstad

and to a lesser extent Tychonik

Tychonick is going nowhere. I feel confident in saying a third pairing d-man is not going to be an early departure. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Also say see ya to Luke Reid. 

Really?  From a numbers standpoint he has struggled in the ushl (never know though may be more defensive).  I don’t recall this many decommits from our program ever.  Poor recruiting obviously but we look a bit like Michigan this year.

4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Straws eventually break a camel's back. It was just a thought, but our previous commits probably didn't like hearing about the new commit given the logjam.

I'm guessing these were the guys who were getting talked into playing another year of juniors.  Randklev/Costello probably just don't cut the squad.

So is this the way going forward for the program?  I realize you need to cut bait at certain points, but then don’t be so eager to take verbals so early on marginal players.  I get that after Potulny you don’t want to lose local talent, but this isn’t a good look either.  Thought Randklev would be a good college player with his skill set, but I would guess he’ll land somewhere and have the opportunity to prove them wrong, if it wasn’t his decision.  Would be nice if Schlossman has some insight into the trend.

20 minutes ago, tnt said:

So is this the way going forward for the program?  I realize you need to cut bait at certain points, but then don’t be so eager to take verbals so early on marginal players.  I get that after Potulny you don’t want to lose local talent, but this isn’t a good look either.  Thought Randklev would be a good college player with his skill set, but I would guess he’ll land somewhere and have the opportunity to prove them wrong, if it wasn’t his decision.  Would be nice if Schlossman has some insight into the trend.

Some of the local talent havent quite developed into UND quality players, other have. The number of decommits is shocking though. Randklev made sense, I’m thinking Mancinelli and Reid May have bolted due to being pushed back a year, that’s just speculation though.

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

I think D would be the position where additional slots may open up. Could be some early departures after the season. 

JBD

Kierstad

and to a lesser extent Tychonik

Agreed to the open slots, but when you look at the pipeline, there's no room for next year for Reid. I'm still trying to figure out how it's going to work. You lose two and I'm guessing it's a safe bet that we'll see one more. Sanderson (potential 1st), Kleven (potential 2nd) both signed NLI's today. You have Bast who was delayed last year, Moore who's a 5th round pick. Those would be the first four. Also you have Miller who's highly regarded and draft eligible (also playing his 2nd year in the USHL). 

16 minutes ago, AJS said:

Agreed to the open slots, but when you look at the pipeline, there's no room for next year for Reid. I'm still trying to figure out how it's going to work. You lose two and I'm guessing it's a safe bet that we'll see one more. Sanderson (potential 1st), Kleven (potential 2nd) both signed NLI's today. You have Bast who was delayed last year, Moore who's a 5th round pick. Those would be the first four. Also you have Miller who's highly regarded and draft eligible (also playing his 2nd year in the USHL). 

Bast looks as though he’ll definitely need another year of juniors.

You don't see three in a row very often, but they all individually make sense. There's different reasons, but given the timing, it's pretty apparent that they weren't in the cards for next year. Randklev couldn't delay, Mancinelli and Reid who have both played multiple (Reid 3, Mancinelli 2) years of Juniors clearly didn't want to delay. Can't fault them for that. Wish all three good luck moving forward.

Will be interesting to see if anyone else is involved in this.