SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Pinto moves up to 28 in final draft rankings for NA skaters. Caulfield at 67, Blaisdell at 80, and Rizzo at 84. Donovon drops to 97. Luke Bast at 137, Cameron Rowe at 4 for NA goalies. So possibly a 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths for forwards, you could drop the 3rd to a 4th and the 4th rounders to the 5th dependant on how strong the international skaters are this year. That's a good haul next season regardless of whether or not Rizzo comes in.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fsioux said:

Is Carson Albrecht still expected to come in this fall and has anybody seen him play? Have not heard anything since earlier announcement of his commitment.

https://www.sjhl.ca/news_article/show/999164

I have not seen him play, but he's been named the RBC Player of the Year in the SJHL.  FWIW the SJHL gave us the likes of Reiger, Sanderson, and Chartrand.  

4 minutes ago, Quincheezmo said:

https://www.sjhl.ca/news_article/show/999164

I have not seen him play, but he's been named the RBC Player of the Year in the SJHL.  FWIW the SJHL gave us the likes of Reiger, Sanderson, and Chartrand.   

Did Chartrand ever dress for any regular season games?  Sounds like Albrecht is a high energy player.  Hopefully has some skill to go with that effort.

4 hours ago, Sioux1988 said:

Pinto moves up to 28 in final draft rankings for NA skaters. Caulfield at 67, Blaisdell at 80, and Rizzo at 84. Donovon drops to 97. Luke Bast at 137, Cameron Rowe at 4 for NA goalies. So possibly a 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths for forwards, you could drop the 3rd to a 4th and the 4th rounders to the 5th dependant on how strong the international skaters are this year. That's a good haul next season regardless of whether or not Rizzo comes in.

Caulfield higher than Rizzo........I guess from what's been said here over the last year, that surprises me.

53 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Caulfield higher than Rizzo........I guess from what's been said here over the last year, that surprises me.

He put up good numbers in the USHL 25 pts in 28 games playing on the third line. I know the USNTDP is stacked so it can be deceiving but that's good numbers in limited minutes.

Noticed Caulfield really tapered off towards the end of the year.  His team is scoring in bunches during the U18s and he doesn’t even have a shot a bet.  Wonder if a kid like that would be better off playing for a Ushl or bchl team and play in all situations 

11 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Noticed Caulfield really tapered off towards the end of the year.  His team is scoring in bunches during the U18s and he doesn’t even have a shot a bet.  Wonder if a kid like that would be better off playing for a Ushl or bchl team and play in all situations 

I'm really with this line of thinking. I would have preferred Rizzo over Caulfield next year, with only one of them coming in, but that doesn't appear to be how it'll shake out.

52 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Watched the U18 game last night, and noticed he coasted quite a bit.  Hope that is not what we can expect.  Those kind of tournaments don't really give us an accurate picture of success at the college level.  Those guys will obviously make impacts, but don't know that they would dominate, especially their freshman year.  Most of the big names won't last longer than two years in college.  You would have thought by his performance Wahlstrom would have ripped up college hockey.  We have seen the same kind of thing with the World Juniors, guys who absolutely dominated but didn't really do the same after the tournament. 

15 hours ago, tnt said:

Watched the U18 game last night, and noticed he coasted quite a bit.  Hope that is not what we can expect.  Those kind of tournaments don't really give us an accurate picture of success at the college level.  Those guys will obviously make impacts, but don't know that they would dominate, especially their freshman year.  Most of the big names won't last longer than two years in college.  You would have thought by his performance Wahlstrom would have ripped up college hockey.  We have seen the same kind of thing with the World Juniors, guys who absolutely dominated but didn't really do the same after the tournament. 

I've got the whole thing set to record on NHL Network, unfortunately I'm with family until Sunday night. I'm hoping I see a better game than you saw. I've read he's tough to play against. Wondering how many of the top players on the U18 team have aged out and how that affects where they put him in the lineup.

5 hours ago, Sioux1988 said:

I've got the whole thing set to record on NHL Network, unfortunately I'm with family until Sunday night. I'm hoping I see a better game than you saw. I've read he's tough to play against. Wondering how many of the top players on the U18 team have aged out and how that affects where they put him in the lineup.

They have a ton of talent on this team, many that have set USA records, so the fact that he doesn’t play a ton isn’t surprising.  Noticed he was out there short handed on a 5 on 3, so they must trust him to be responsible. I can see how the top guys set records, since they play all the time including when the game is well in hand. Putting them out on the power play with two minutes left with a game well in hand seems a bit much.