SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Not sure what's more annoying...the endless stream of pubescent commitments or the sadly predictable allegiance to a defunct nickname.

#SiouxForever by a 14 year old...I'll have to do the math...Was he like 5 when the nickname was retired?

10 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Definitely the bitching about a hashtag.

Forget getting a good recruit... the triggered get to complain about a childs use of a hashtag... Im sure downvote will be at their door soon enough to let them know how wrong they are. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Not sure what's more annoying...the endless stream of pubescent commitments or the sadly predictable allegiance to a defunct nickname.

And why do you think it's necessary to bring the nickname thing up? Geez!

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

College hockey struggles with trend toward recruiting younger and younger players

brothers3.jpg?auto=compress&crop=faces&dpr=1&w=525

Chaz Lucius, 14, and his 13-year-old brother Cruz committed to play hockey for the Gophers

Heard they decommitted because they got better crowds at their youth games than at Mariucci. ;)

• Upvote 3

Jeff Panzer was one of my all-time favorites.  If you can stomach it, watch his last game, the OT loss to BC in the title game.  He constantly got to the puck first, and set guys up all game long.  Only a future nhl goalie pulled that out for BC.  

If his kid does in fact skate like him, get ready for his sweater flapping in the breeze as he flies down the ice.  Great memories.   

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, jk said:

Jeff Panzer was one of my all-time favorites.  If you can stomach it, watch his last game, the OT loss to BC in the title game.  He constantly got to the puck first, and set guys up all game long.  Only a future nhl goalie pulled that out for BC.  

If his kid does in fact skate like him, get ready for his sweater flapping in the breeze as he flies down the ice.  Great memories.   

He and Evan Trupp are still 2 of my all time favorites.

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

He and Evan Trupp are still 2 of my all time favorites.

Saw Trupp at Union Station in Denver 2 weeks ago. I had a Sioux cap on and heard someone say Go Sioux! Looked over and it was Trupper. Just got back from Germany and he was headed skiing. He had a ski bunny in tow.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Saw Trupp at Union Station in Denver 2 weeks ago. I had a Sioux cap on and heard someone say Go Sioux! Looked over and it was Trupper. Just got back from Germany and he was headed skiing. He had a ski bunny in tow.

Loved the way he played.