SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

9 hours ago, Goon said:

Seriously? I don't think there are many that work harder than Brad. He probably sleeps 3-5 hours a night. He works non-stop. To suggest that he's a toadie of the UND hockey program is a disservice to the work Brad does. JMHO, but I think we're lucky to have him. I predict that he won't be here forever and when he leaves there will be a serious void. 

I agree with everything you just said.  Not sure where the confusion lies.  He simply isn't your typical hockey journalist (i.e. NHL journalist) that constantly criticizes and questions the team.  Do you ever listen to Zimmer get grilled on Monday's?  All I was saying is that he is more of an information arm/media marketer for the team.  Let's calm down, I love the work he does do tbh. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I agree with everything you just said.  Not sure where the confusion lies.  He simply isn't your typical hockey journalist (i.e. NHL journalist) that constantly criticizes and questions the team.  Do you ever listen to Zimmer get grilled on Monday's?  All I was saying is that he is more of an information arm/media marketer for the team.  Let's calm down, I love the work he does do tbh. 

Lol I think we're calm, we (Goonie and I) just disagree with you, which is completely fine. I feel like there just hasn't been much to criticize in his tenure. They've been incredibly successful. He's certainly called out when a team performs poorly. Also, Brad doesn't do a lot of editorial/opinion pieces directly on the team. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

But, we've already established that we have players that lit it up in juniors.... so, who do we blame? I can't keep up.

How can one keep up with all the HOT TAKES being thrown around? Schloss is a shill for the hockey program, Berry can't coach his way out of a paper bag, Einhorn is Finkle...Finkle is Einhorn!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol I think we're calm, we (Goonie and I) just disagree with you, which is completely fine. I feel like there just hasn't been much to criticize in his tenure. They've been incredibly successful. He's certainly called out when a team performs poorly. Also, Brad doesn't do a lot of editorial/opinion pieces directly on the team. 

Go back and try and read your initial responses as unbiasedly as possible.  Not once did I ever say brad does a bad job.  He’s just a different type of journalist than you typically see in sports.  And I do understand college hockey is a bit different.

32 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If the lad doesn't want to be at North Dakota I don't want him at North Dakota. 

Exactly.  Bubs will find a nice player to fill his shoes.  Throw that gentlemen’s agreement out the door and find a stud.  Ovviously no one else is playing by that silly rule.  Time to beef up the squad.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Go back and try and read your initial responses as unbiasedly as possible.  Not once did I ever say brad does a bad job.  He’s just a different type of journalist than you typically see in sports.  And I do understand college hockey is a bit different.

Lol but I never said you said he did a bad job haha. Someone else may have, but I didn't. I just don't think he's in any way, shape, or form a media arm of the program. That's completely ok if you have a different opinion. 

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol but I never said you said he did a bad job haha. Someone else may have, but I didn't. I just don't think he's in any way, shape, or form a media arm of the program. That's completely ok if you have a different opinion. 

Agreed, let’s drop it :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Respectfully disagree. 

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

This isn't pointed at you @scpa0305

I've given this a lot of thought. For instance, I saw a comment in a football thread about whether the media was going to ask Bubba (the tough question) did he make the decision to fire the two coordinators or  was he ordered by the administration to do so. (Did he order the code red?) Speaking to a person that was at the presser, that was one of the questions. I've also seen some suggest that the media doesn't ask the UND coaches tough questions. Having attended many press conferences at this school and other conference and NCAA events. I don't think that's true. I am not sure that college hockey is anything like NHL or the NFL.

If someone is expecting college hockey's version of Jim Acosta, it's not going to happen. 

That said, this past football season, I did see a Montana beat writer ask the UM head coach a tough, snarky question and it didn't end well for the beat writer. I am not sure a relationship like that does the readership any good. 

When the Minnesota Wild have their post-game press conference, watch Mike Russo, he asks tough questions, but he asks them in a way that doesn't come off as being abrasive. 

I don't think anyone wants to see this.