SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

11 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Long shot for sure.  And then a battle to get on campus and retain. Wonder how long until Wahlstrom bails on BC.

I'm a bit worried for Cam Rowe on bailing, too. But, we've got a couple years until then. Hate that, but it is what it is. 

15 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Halliday and Sanderson are bigger risks IMO. 

In what way? I'm not saying they aren't, but is your reasoning just because they are highly prized prospects? To the best of my knowledge neither strongly considered the major junior route originally. Halliday slipping to the 3rd round is a pretty good indication that at that point, he wanted to go the college route.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

In what way? I'm not saying they aren't, but is your reasoning just because they are highly prized prospects? To the best of my knowledge neither strongly considered the major junior route originally. Halliday slipping to the 3rd round is a pretty good indication that at that point, he wanted to go the college route.

Where they are from combined with blue chip status. I'd forgotten that point about Halliday though.  I might also have knee jerked after finding out from Burton's list that Sanderson was as highly regarded as Kleven.

More reason to be excited about our 2020 class, a regular poster on Hockeysfuture has 4 of our recruits in his top 62:

14. Kleven

30. Sanderson

49. Miller

50. Halliday

Take this with a grain of salt as I don’t know how good a judge of talent he is, but I thought having listed 4 of our recruits in his top 50 was worth posting here. The North Dakota pipeline is full of top end recruits!

USHL

Pinto - '00 (F): 9-6-15 (14GP)

Halliday - '02 (F): 2-5-7 (10GP)

Miller - 01' (D): 2-5-7 (14GP)

Frisch - '00 (D): 2-6-6 (15GP)

Randklev - '99 (F): 1-5-6 (14GP)

Mancinelli - '01 (F): 2-3-5 (14GP)

Costello - 00' (F): 1-1-2 (12GP)

Reid - 01' (D): 0-1-1 (13GP)

Schmaltz - 01' (F): 0-0-0 (11GP)

NTDP U18

Caulfield - 01' (F): 6-9-15 (18GP)

Rowe - 01' (G): 3.90 GAA / .858 SV%

NTDP U17

Sanderson -02' (D): 0-8-8 (18GP)

Kleven -02' (D): 0-2-2 (15GP)

AJHL

Bast - 00' (D): 3-11-14 (15GP)

BCHL

Blaisdell - 01' (F): 15-11-26 (24GP)

Stratton - 99' (F): 4-18-22 (23GP)

Bowen -02' (F) 8-6-14 (24GP)

Rizzo - 01' (F): 0-8-8 (6PG)

• Upvote 2

Central Scouting has released it's November ratings. They list 8 of our recruits who could be drafted next June. Yes, 8.

A rating, 1st round candidates - none

B rating, 2nd/3rd round candidates - 3

F Ryder Donovan

F Massimo Rizzo

G Cameron Rowe

C rating, 4th, 5th, 6th round candidates - 5

F Harrison Blaisdell

F Judd Caulfield

F Shane Pinto

D Ethan Frisch

D Luke Bast

Our pipeline is full of top quality recruits. Who do you think comes in next fall?

8 minutes ago, Tradition said:

Central Scouting has released it's November ratings. They list 8 of our recruits who could be drafted next June. Yes, 8.

F Ryder Donovan

F Massimo Rizzo

G Cameron Rowe

F Harrison Blaisdell

F Judd Caulfield

F Shane Pinto

D Ethan Frisch

D Luke Bast

Our pipeline is full of top quality recruits. Who do you think comes in next fall?

5F and 2D. For seniors we have 3F and 1D. Early flight risk guesses include Poolman D and Mismash F. Could also see Thome G moving on for playing time elsewhere. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, UNDBIZ said:

5F and 2D. For seniors we have 3F and 1D. Early flight risk guesses include Poolman D and Mismash F. Could also see Thome G moving on for playing time elsewhere. 

I honestly would be shocked if Mismash left after the year.  I really think Mismash needs one year in which he puts up solid offensive numbers.  He obviously still could this year however I I think something in the mid 20's is more realistic at this point.  I would also be shocked if Thome left....lot of season left.

Poolman is definitely gone. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, Tradition said:

F Ryder Donovan

F Massimo Rizzo

G Cameron Rowe

F Harrison Blaisdell

F Judd Caulfield

F Shane Pinto

D Ethan Frisch

D Luke Bast

I also think we'll have 4 F / 2 D coming in next year. The only true early departure I could see is Poolman and possibly one other (like a Rieger and move Johnson back to D to open up another F spot).

Forwards: Rizzo, Blaisdell, Caulfield, Pinto

Defense: Bast, Frisch

Re Poolman: I'm not convinced he's gone. If he's not, then bring in whichever two of Bast / Frisch are ready (most likely Bast, Frisch is just a Senior this year).

6 minutes ago, AJS said:

I also think we'll have 4 F / 2 D coming in next year. The only true early departure I could see is Poolman and possibly one other (like a Rieger and move Johnson back to D to open up another F spot).

Forwards: Rizzo, Blaisdell, Caulfield, Pinto

Defense: Bast, Frisch

Re Poolman: I'm not convinced he's gone. If he's not, then bring in whichever two of Bast / Frisch are ready (most likely Bast, Frisch is just a Senior this year).

Won't Randklev and Stratton come next year too?

6 minutes ago, ajries18 said:

Stratton has to sit out over a year, and I would guess Randklev and some of the others are contingent upon who they think is ready for the next level.  Also, unless things have changed, which they very well may have, Pinto was not initially supposed to come in next year. 

2 minutes ago, ajries18 said:

Stratton definitely, but he won't be taking a spot on the roster since he's not eligible to play next year. I'm assuming Berry will bring players in based on readiness and not age group, I think Randklev gets pushed back. The four I named (if the season progresses as it's going right now), will not only all be "higher sought after prospects", but also will all have much better numbers (also all four likely drafted).

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

Stratton definitely, but he won't be taking a spot on the roster since he's not eligible to play next year. I'm assuming Berry will bring players in based on readiness and not age group, I think Randklev gets pushed back. The four I named (if the season progresses as it's going right now), will not only all be "higher sought after prospects", but also will all have much better numbers (also all four likely drafted).

Agreed on Randklev, judging by his start this year and his size he may need another year in the USHL.