SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He'll be the same money that was going to be used for Huber. 

This is what I'd think as well, it'd definitely be surprising if Senden was getting more than Huber.

5 hours ago, tho0505 said:

Yes currently if you are over 21 you lose a year of eligibility in NCAA hockey. A couple years ago Don Lucia and the Big Ten were pushing for the age to get pushed down to 20 years old... Basically making college hockey less competitive. Although I wouldn't be totally opposed to this, having a potential 24 year old playing with a 17 year old/ 18 year old is frustrating. 

That was never passed and dropped by the B1G. A player also has 5 years to complete his eligibility, St. Clair sat out a year before he could play at UND.

3 hours ago, cberkas said:

That was never passed and dropped by the B1G. A player also has 5 years to complete his eligibility, St. Clair sat out a year before he could play at UND.

Correct, I said that it was proposed that the age be dropped to 20. Thus, pushing older players to only be able to play till 23 (losing a year of eligibility on the backend).  This would have effected Huber's eligibility of playing 4 seasons, as previously mentioned. Currently that age limit is 21.

Speaking of St Clair, he redshirted his freshman year not due to age. He was graduated by 23. From my understanding of the current rule, is any player older than 21 loses a year of eligibility.

Screenshot_20180605-170027.png

9 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I certainly wouldn't bank on him coming. But I also wouldn't put it past the coaches to stay in touch with him, in case something with his situation changes in the next year or so.

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Almost certain to be Senden, is that I've heard. 

2 hours ago, snova4 said:

I can assure you, it is 100% Senden.

I got the scoop from the %gobc too.  Senden is in.

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2018 at 7:56 PM, The Sicatoka said:

So would Luke Bast be a 2019 arrival?
I ask because at D there are now two 2000 YOBs, two 2001, and two 2002. Seems that's the pipeline after Tychonick and JBD.

I would think both Bast and Frisch will be pushed to 2020. They are both 17 and aren't projected high for '19 draft so far. 

Unless we see Poolman leave or a transfer. Counting Johnson as a defenseman, we could use the forward spot. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits