SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

26 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

According to Schloss’s article, he is going to be a junior this year and looking to play in the USHL. 

I looked into that, because given his age, that wouldn't have made sense. Quick Google search I'm fairly certain he's going to be a Senior (unless he has to redo his Junior year). Think Schoss was incorrect in his article.

http://www.wkow.com/story/34404590/2017/02/Wednesday/its-in-the-bloodline-with-edgewood-boys-hockey

Sophomore - Feb '17

https://www.wausaudailyherald.com/story/sports/high-school/hockey/2018/03/16/prep-hockey-four-local-players-make-first-team-all-state-boys-squad/430925002/

Junior - Mar '18

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, cberkas said:

His birthday falls where he could be a junior or a senior. 

Definitely, it's just not the case in this situation. I only posted two links, but you won't find any other piece of information (besides Schlossman's article) that would indicate he wasn't a Junior this past season (unless like I said he has to redo his Junior year).

Edit: I don't know what the numbers are, you're right they could be either, but my guess is April '01 DOB's slant very, very heavily in the favor of going to be Seniors

13 minutes ago, AJS said:

Definitely, it's just not the case in this situation. I only posted two links, but you won't find any other piece of information (besides Schlossman's article) that would indicate he wasn't a Junior this past season (unless like I said he has to redo his Junior year).

Edit: I don't know what the numbers are, you're right they could be either, but my guess is April '01 DOB's slant very, very heavily in the favor of going to be Seniors

He could have been held back in grade school.

My birthday is around when his is and the school district in Bismarck wanted me to do two years of kindergarten, my parents said no and I got held back in 1st grade and was 19 when I graduated high school.

Jake just turned 17.

24 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He could have been held back in grade school.

My birthday is around when his is and the school district in Bismarck wanted me to do two years of kindergarten, my parents said no and I got held back in 1st grade and was 19 when I graduated high school.

Jake just turned 17.

I’m not arguing it can’t happen, I’m just saying do a quick Google search and you’ll see clearly see he was a Junior this past year. 

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

His birthday falls where he could be a junior or a senior. 

April?  Anyways, his high school team page and his team Wisconsin u16 page says junior.  Which makes sense.  In all reality, his year in school (from a recruit standpoint) means a little less than his birth year.  Year in school only tells year when he may be coming in...although he is pretty far out. This isn’t nearly a blue chip pick up but one that could pan out over time hopefully.  I’m still waiting for some big time recruit.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I looked into that, because given his age, that wouldn't have made sense. Quick Google search I'm fairly certain he's going to be a Senior (unless he has to redo his Junior year). Think Schoss was incorrect in his article.

http://www.wkow.com/story/34404590/2017/02/Wednesday/its-in-the-bloodline-with-edgewood-boys-hockey

Sophomore - Feb '17

https://www.wausaudailyherald.com/story/sports/high-school/hockey/2018/03/16/prep-hockey-four-local-players-make-first-team-all-state-boys-squad/430925002/

Junior - Mar '18

He turned 17 a week ago so could be going into his junior year.

9 minutes ago, petey23 said:

He turned 17 a week ago so could be going into his junior year.

Are people posting before they are clicking on the links? I don’t know what’s going on right now. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Mitchell Miller just committed. If any of the experts are familiar. Just saw he tweeted it. He’s from Ohio. 

He should remove the "Sarnia Sting OHL prospect" from his tagline on twitter then.  ;)

Elite prospects shows him as a Miami recruit...wonder if he switched?

18 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Mitchell Miller just committed. If any of the experts are familiar. Just saw he tweeted it. 

Not an expert....but he appears to be very good. So long gentlemen’s agreement.  Although I just found an interesting story on him.  Appears he has a rap sheet.  Not sure if it’s the same Mitch Miller...but appears to be same age and same hometown.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Education/2016/03/01/2-teens-face-charges-of-bullying-classmate.html

So back to Keegan Karki :)

42 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Not an expert....but he appears to be very good.  Although I just found an interesting story on him.  Appears he has a rap sheet.  Not sure if it’s the same Mitch Miller...but appears to be same age and same hometown.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Education/2016/03/01/2-teens-face-charges-of-bullying-classmate.html

Wooof... I sure hope this is a different kid, or he's found Jesus and dedicated his life to helpimg those less fortunate, because thats a real P.O.S of person that would do that.

Freakin yikes.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Not an expert....but he appears to be very good. So long gentlemen’s agreement.  Although I just found an interesting story on him.  Appears he has a rap sheet.  Not sure if it’s the same Mitch Miller...but appears to be same age and same hometown.

Keegan Karki is not going to re-commit to a school that pulled his scholarship even if Berry decided to give the kid another chance. I’d wonder where his backbone was if he did, to be honest. 

So I’d just move on. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

Keegan Karki is not going to re-commit to a school that pulled his scholarship even if Berry decided to give the kid another chance. I’d wonder where his backbone was if he did, to be honest. 

So I’d just move on. 

Haha I was joking 

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

Well you were talking about him this afternoon so you can see where someone wouldn’t get the joke memo. *shrugs*

Check the emoji...my comment in the other thread was more wondering what is going on with that kid.

26 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Wooof... I sure hope this is a different kid, or he's found Jesus and dedicated hos life to helpumg those less fortunate, because thats a real P.O.S of person that would do that.

Freakin yikes.

Yeah hopefully that is a different kid.  That’s bad.

24 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Wooof... I sure hope this is a different kid, or he's found Jesus and dedicated hos life to helpumg those less fortunate, because thats a real P.O.S of person that would do that.

Freakin yikes.

While it was gross it isn't out of line with what kids do to one another in middle school.  Hopefully his parents weren't afraid to discipline him though.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

While it was gross it isn't out of line with what kids do to one another in middle school.  Hopefully his parents weren't afraid to discipline him though.

It is way out of line, hence the criminal charges.