SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

DERAILED!

Sorry all. I'll take the blame for that. BUT, D2 still rules :)

Loving how our D-corps is rounding out for the next handful of years. Good momentum for the staff. Now, one more chip... *paging Mr. Rizzo. Mr. Rizzo, you are wanted at Ralph Engelstad Arena*

18 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

He's got an older brother, Ben, playing in the AJHL right now. 13-5-18 in 32 games, 17 years old with pretty good size. Wonder if the staff is watching him as well.

With those numbers I doubt it.  Maybe though if he has some intangibles.

I wonder what the real story on Mitchell Mattson was.  I could only assume that as he had been struggling in juniors they pulled scholarship $ on he took it as a slight and chose to go elsewhere.  I’ve noticed that his scoring has picked up considerably since this all went down (in a very tough league).  On that same thought, a guy like Jackson Keane has also struggled a ton since committing and he’s still on board.  I’m assuming keane won’t get too much scholarship dollars allotted to him either.  He went from the USHL to the BCHL and his numbers have still been bad. Anyone know what type of player he is?

• 2 weeks later...

Randklev really turned it on late in the 3rd and through OT. Centennial had done a pretty good job on him throughout the game. Frisch was very noticeable breaking up plays as well as rushing pucks and jumping in the play he really picks his spots well. Doesn't do it a whole lot but did show a little bit more physical play today than previous times I've seen him.

26 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone know if Cole O’Connell has committed anywhere yet? His dad was a helluva hockey player at GF Central and his uncle Timmy was a D man at UND and won a Natty.

He is uncommitted, Omaha took him last spring in the 8th round of the USHL phase 2 draft

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I know he is no longer committed but does anyone know where Keegan karki is gong next year?  He’s ranked very very high in the nhl draft ranking that came out this morning.

I’ve been asking the same thing, it still says he is on Eliteprospects. Are the coaches giving him a chance to still come to UND? Hak gave Fratten a second chance, why not Karki?

5 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I’ve been asking the same thing, it still says he is on Eliteprospects. Are the coaches giving him a chance to still come to UND? Hak gave Fratten a second chance, why not Karki?

I agree.  At this point berry needs to start keeping these high enders.  Everyone likes to mention the cagullias, ladue and Poolmans of the world however those types are pretty tough to find. Those are more luck (and two of them grew up in our back yard).  Watching Duluth this past weekend, they simply had more skill than we did.  We’ve missed on some kids recently.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

I agree.  At this point berry needs to start keeping these high enders.  Everyone likes to mention the cagullias, ladue and Poolmans of the world however those types are pretty tough to find. Those are more luck (and two of them grew up in our back yard).  Watching Duluth this past weekend, they simply had more skill than we did.  We’ve missed on some kids recently.

I still would like to know what Karki did that got is commitment pulled.

Bemidji just got a 4 star recruit out of Manitoba. With two of the Sillinger brother uncommitted, UND could have gotten Owen Sillinger to commit instead of committing to Bemidji. All three of them are high end. 

1 minute ago, cberkas said:

Bemidji just got a 4 star recruit out of Manitoba. With two of the Sillinger brother uncommitted, UND could have gotten Owen Sillinger to commit instead of committing to Bemidji. All three of them are high end. 

That is the thing, we don't know what Karki did.  I've got to believe it is more than just drinking or something of the sort, otherwise you would think he would have been committed elsewhere in a hurry.  If we know one thing from U.S. Women's gymnastics, some of these programs like to keep stuff in house, even if it shouldn't be.  That said, I don't want to make it sound like he did something equivalent, because I obviously have no idea. 

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

That is the thing, we don't know what Karki did.  I've got to believe it is more than just drinking or something of the sort, otherwise you would think he would have been committed elsewhere in a hurry.  If we know one thing from U.S. Women's gymnastics, some of these programs like to keep stuff in house, even if it shouldn't be.  That said, I don't want to make it sound like he did something equivalent, because I obviously have no idea. 

To me with him not committing anywhere else, I’d say he’s trying to come to UND still.

Keegan could be playing at any of the 5 Minnesota schools, yet he’s not committed to any of them.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

BSU better not get them all.  It's finally the last year having to hear about the Fitgeralds:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Stampede vs Des Moines game last night in Sioux Falls. I’m not a hockey expert but tried paying attention to Costello when I could and he looked pretty solid. Good puck possession. It seemed to me on at least one of their power plays they were running through him. 

The real story of the game was defending champ Spud took second in the Weiner Dog Race. 

Oh and there was almost a goalie fight. 

On 1/22/2018 at 12:43 PM, cberkas said:

To me with him not committing anywhere else, I’d say he’s trying to come to UND still.

Keegan could be playing at any of the 5 Minnesota schools, yet he’s not committed to any of them.

Saw him play against the Fargo Force this weekend.  Had a big shutout on Friday night, then got chased on Saturday.  Of course he looked good in the shutout.  When he got shelled the next night... not so much.  A couple of goals were in tight when his D couldn't clear it, but by the 4th or 5th he let in, it was clearly just not his night.

UND commit Mark Senden got the first goal against him on Saturday.  Senden isn't lighting up the score sheet for the season, but he does a lot of things right. Good head on his shoulders.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits