SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Which could well be a statement about the current 97/98 recruits. 

Side note: Grant Cruikshank's mother is US gold medal speed skater Bonnie Blair. Actually, both parents are US Olympic speed skaters. 

Hence the Wisconsin connection.   In addition to training at Pettit, did one or both attend UW?

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

What I see at forwards is three seniors and Gersich and no Gornall. 
What I see in the forwards pipeline is a 97 (Keane) and three 98s (Weatherby, Mattson, Senden). 

What is more interesting is the gap in the forward pipeline: no 99s, but three each of 00s and 01s and two 02s.
Is there a 00 who really is ready for college hockey as an 18 YO?
Are there two (just in case one of the 97/98 don't keep improving)? 

Along that same thought process, at defense it's three 00s, an 01, and an 02. That said, the only flight risk (no seniors) I see is Wolanin. 

I'd be surprised if Hain isn't here next fall as well.

BCHL Stats:

Blaisdell '01 (F): 4-10-14 22GP

Keane '97 (F): 4-6-10 17GP

Weatherby '98 (F): 21-15-36 24GP

Tychonick '00 (D): 5-14-19 22GP

Reid '01 (D): 1-8-9 19GP

Scheel '99 (G): 8-5-0-2 2.19 GAA .928 SV% 

USHL Stats:

Senden '98 (F): 4-3-7 16GP

Mattson '98 (F): 5-3-8 15GP

Mancinelli '01 (F): 1-1-2 13GP

Costello '00 (F): 3-1-4 14GP

AJHL Stats:

Bernard-Docker '00 (D): 6-7-13 21GP

NTDP -18:

Hain '00 (F): 3-7-10 18GP

NTDP -17:

Caulfield '01 (F): 8-7-15 17GP

Shane Pinto#6 Grey, 11/12/00, Forward, Shoots Right, Selects Academy 18U (USPHL) - Following a good camp with the Lincoln Stars, he drew some NCHC interest. North Dakota assistant Dane Jackson came to watch him play here. He has a good stride, a quick release and he’s a cerebral player. However, he didn’t do enough here with his skill set.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbncollegehockey.com/platform/amp/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2017/6/26/15871768/road-to-college-showcase-prospects-babson-tinling-henry-strawn-pearson-sharib-pinto-meehan-pearson

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So he puts up less than a point per game in the usphl (not even on a ushl team?).  He's 17, so certainly not a young guy playing much older competition. Lots of potential? Family connection? 

I don't mean to rag on the kid, but it just seems strange. 

Another Sanderson

Probably a possible replacement for Gornall.  We have had many guys that were not highly sought after that were heart and soul guys like Pattyn, Gaarder, Sanderson, Kaip, etc.  The question for me going forward is will we be losing speed with some of these bigger players in a time where penalties drawn by speed are frequent.  With Weatherby, Mattson, Costello, Kunz, and Caulfield, we should be able to grind it out, but do we lose on the speed end.  Not saying you can't be big and a good skater, but typically they don't get up and down the ice like a Dixon Bowen.

20 minutes ago, tnt said:

Probably a possible replacement for Gornall.  We have had many guys that were not highly sought after that were heart and soul guys like Pattyn, Gaarder, Sanderson, Kaip, etc.  The question for me going forward is will we be losing speed with some of these bigger players in a time where penalties drawn by speed are frequent.  With Weatherby, Mattson, Costello, Kunz, and Caulfield, we should be able to grind it out, but do we lose on the speed end.  Not saying you can't be big and a good skater, but typically they don't get up and down the ice like a Dixon Bowen.

He's a November '00 birth date, so he'd only be a junior in HS. 

21 minutes ago, tnt said:

If they were bring in someone to replace Gornall that would have been Weatherby.

38 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So he puts up less than a point per game in the usphl (not even on a ushl team?).  He's 17, so certainly not a young guy playing much older competition. Lots of potential? Family connection? 

I don't mean to rag on the kid, but it just seems strange. 

I don't know much about this kid, but I hope the coaches remember that you can be a character guy who works hard on the forecheck and in the corners and still be a high scorer.  We need some firepower and smooth passing.  

17 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

We already have a lot of other commits who aren't putting up points.  Not sure how many "Sandersons" we need. Getting a bit concerned. 

Why do you seem to think he isn’t putting up points?  He’s currently leading his major midget team in goals.  The season is early still.  26 in 29 isn’t lighting the world on fire but the league is ok.  They beat shattucks prep team.

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Shane Pinto#6 Grey, 11/12/00, Forward, Shoots Right, Selects Academy 18U (USPHL) - Following a good camp with the Lincoln Stars, he drew some NCHC interest. North Dakota assistant Dane Jackson came to watch him play here. He has a good stride, a quick release and he’s a cerebral player. However, he didn’t do enough here with his skill set.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbncollegehockey.com/platform/amp/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2017/6/26/15871768/road-to-college-showcase-prospects-babson-tinling-henry-strawn-pearson-sharib-pinto-meehan-pearson

Dane Jackson: "We need that kid on our team!"

27 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Why do you seem to think he isn’t putting up points?  He’s currently leading his major midget team in goals.  The season is early still.  26 in 29 isn’t lighting the world on fire but the league is ok.  They beat shattucks prep team.

Honestly don't know much about the league he's in, but it's obviously inferior to the ushl and I'd guess it's inferior to the nahl as well. Was hoping a legit prospect would put up much stronger numbers than "almost a point per game" as a 17 year old in a league I assumed is comparable to MN high school (I may be wrong there). 

Guess I'm just frustrated we haven't had a flashy commit in a while and most of our commits aren't producing in juniors, per numbers posted by AJS earlier. I'm sure the lack of production from our current forward group is also influencing my opinion here. 

22 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Honestly don't know much about the league he's in, but it's obviously inferior to the ushl and I'd guess it's inferior to the nahl as well. Was hoping a legit prospect would put up much stronger numbers than "almost a point per game" as a 17 year old in a league I assumed is comparable to MN high school (I may be wrong there). 

Guess I'm just frustrated we haven't had a flashy commit in a while and most of our commits aren't producing in juniors, per numbers posted by AJS earlier. I'm sure the lack of production from our current forward group is also influencing my opinion here. 

I think this is the league the Jeff Cox has had a lot of bad things to say about. From what I've read that Cox tweeted about the USPHL is the league has a couple good teams with a bunch of garbage teams, and it pay-to-play unlike other Junior leagues.

He'll probably be in Lincoln next year.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I know nothing about this league either. Is it a step above high school? Maybe he went there to get ready for the USHL next year. Anyone with knowledge please let us know.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits