SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, burd said:

1 hour ago, burd said:

But here's the thing.  He comes to UND and he has two other first rounders welcoming him to the family but telling him he needs to work on his backcheck. 

While I left after the 1st period break power outage, he was playing the full 200 ft in the 1st. No doubt he will get better playing for Sioux, but he is  very good now.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

So how did Jost look? 

Better than expected, which is weird to say as he's expected to be really good. He was an animal. I thought he and Clayton Keller were the two best players I've seen so far. Jost is also already playing that 200 ft game that the CBS line prides themselves on

Jost had at least one time tonight were he just held the puck out and skated around in the offensive zone. He setup 1 goal and setup a lot of chances. IMO was the best skater on the ice for Canada as he was the catalyst for a lot of good things tonight. 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, sprig said:

Predator scout next to me, "Jost will be the next Jonathan Toews"

IDK, but he's pretty talented and I would call him a play maker. I think he's a thicker version of Nick Schmaltz.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

My only complaint of him so far is that he couldn't convince his buddy Fabbro into joining him at UND instead of going to BU.  :)

I was crying to the predator scout about that.  He said Fabbro has to be in a big city,  would not be comfortable if he wasn't. 

Guess we should be happy he didn't stay in the Rockies and pick Denver

Speaking of MJ, the same guy who broke the news had a tweet in his timeline about club hockey voting to allow MJ players soon.  That could change the level of play really fast.  It could also bankrupt the CHL once players start taking the academic package to attend UCSB and other party schools paying out of state with the CHL's money to play club hockey.