SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

St. Cloud Cathedral goalie. He was invited to NTDP camp and it sounds like that is where he will play next season.

Keegan Karki @keegankarki 8m8 minutes ago
Proud to announce my commitment to play hockey at the University of North Dakota! Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way! #GoSioux

He was on campus right after the Christmas break. Has a good chance of playing for the U17's many people think. 

Seems like we have a lot of goalies in the fold and the current guy has a couple more years left if he stays and then there's Tomek.  Wonder if we would ever go to a two goalie rotation like Denver has done quite often over the past several years.

21 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Seems like we have a lot of goalies in the fold and the current guy has a couple more years left if he stays and then there's Tomek.  Wonder if we would ever go to a two goalie rotation like Denver has done quite often over the past several years.

I'm guessing Cam will be gone by the time Karki comes in. Tomek would probably be a junior and if he performs like some expect he could be looking to go as well. Thome has work technically still so it would be him and Karki. I'm also pretty sure we're looking at Todd Scott the goalie from the youth olymipcs. Karki and him plus Thome would be impressive. 

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Heisenberg has Tychonick from Calgary committed to UND. Sounds like a good get.

Another big time commit, about a month ago he committed to playing for Penticton next season.

Over The Boards @OverTheBoards 1m1 minute ago
00 D Jonny Tychonick (@PentictonVees) commits to UND. Calgary Flames AAA product was 12th overall WHL pick (Sask.) in '15. LS. ETA 2018.

Wow, great week for UND hockey. This goalie looks huge and sounds like he will have some time to develop before coming to UND.

As for Tychonik, hopefully he does actually land at UND. Sounds like he would be a 2018, but does anyone know what round in the NHL he would be projected at? Also would he be coming in the same time as Mismash? I seem to remember people on here raving about him being an elite talent too. Anyone know a project round for him?

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Wow, great week for UND hockey. This goalie looks huge and sounds like he will have some time to develop before coming to UND.

As for Tychonik, hopefully he does actually land at UND. Sounds like he would be a 2018, but does anyone know what round in the NHL he would be projected at? Also would he be coming in the same time as Mismash? I seem to remember people on here raving about him being an elite talent too. Anyone know a project round for him?

1st

Seriously, what a great time to be a Sioux fan! I know that 8th banner has eluded us, but the consistency in this program over the last 13-14 years is phenomenal, and we show no signs of letting up. Pretty amazing what this program has done, from the players to the fans to the coaches and so on. Really excited to see what UND continues to produce over the years.

Bring it home next weekend boys!

• Upvote 4

I think one of the interesting parts about all of this, is a comment Tychonik made about standing on the bench for pregame warm ups.  Stating how the fans are there before the game and ready to go, etc.  That has to be in reference to the students who line up to get in early for big games, the little kids lining the tunnel, and all the people in the halls pregame. 

His visit was in Dec. so that had to be the DU series.  Good pick by the coaches to sell on the environment.  Great strategy and execution on selling the product.  Nice win coaches, and let's hope he makes it to campus.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 9:15 PM, tnt said:

Noticed he responded to a congratulatory tweet from Colin Schmidt with "your turn".

In listening to recruiting talk for other sports, do the players know who else the teams are trying to land?  I know for example the football team has group chats going among the recruits, does the hockey team as well?

3 hours ago, MoreSiouxForYou said:

I think one of the interesting parts about all of this, is a comment Tychonik made about standing on the bench for pregame warm ups.  Stating how the fans are there before the game and ready to go, etc.  That has to be in reference to the students who line up to get in early for big games, the little kids lining the tunnel, and all the people in the halls pregame. 

This is what needs to get going at the Football games now as well.  Show the recruits 11-12K people per game and how loud it can get in the Alerus Center.  It would go a long way in recruiting.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Mismash is 17 now and turns 18 next February so I would guess he will come in for the 2017-2018 season which would be a year before Tychonik is expected to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Jost with 2g/3a for 5 pts today against Denmark at the Ralph.

For anyone his age, anything is possible and the world is out there for the taking; that's just part of what it is to be 18.   But right now Jost has to be feeling that in spades.  He is playing in one of the nicest hockey rinks in the world which will be his home rink and which is home to the national champions.  And he is having major success on a world stage.   Pretty heady stuff. 

But here's the thing.  He comes to UND and he has two other first rounders welcoming him to the family but telling him he needs to work on his backcheck. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits