SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Interesting side note on Gerlach, he is a RW. Before his commitment the Sioux have 5 LW commits but only 1 RW (Wilke).  

I also noticed that Wilke is number 2 in the USHL in SOG with 2 less games played. The Jason Blake is strong in this one...

If he's even close to Jason Blake I'll be thrilled.

Hard to read too much into Yon and Cakebread, Fargo is the lowest scoring team in the USHL and Cakebread has been hurt.

Cakebread is off this year.  Last season, he was a puck handler with decent hands.  This year, all he does is hit.  I suspect that he's been told to be more physical and isn't balancing it.  It's been tough to watch his game change.

A quick google search of Brock boeser on Twitter and this guy can go ahead and play for the goofs. Looks like he'd fit right in with them.

Were you looking at the 2 fake Boeser twitter accounts or did you request for him to let you follow his actual twitter?

Hard to read too much into Yon and Cakebread, Fargo is the lowest scoring team in the USHL and Cakebread has been hurt.

Somewhat agree, but good college prospects (in most cases) put up respectable USHL statistics.  Where do Yon and Cakebread rank on their own team?

Somewhat agree, but good college prospects (in most cases) put up respectable USHL statistics.  Where do Yon and Cakebread rank on their own team?

Zach Yon is 4th and this is his first full season on a not very good Fargo team.  Cakebread is 16th but and I think he needs a change of scenery.  I'm fine with a year in the NAHL as long as he goes somewhere that needs him to play the game he had last year.  It's like Gersich, played a checking line with the USNDTP team but now is the second leading scorer in Omaha

Zach Yon is 4th and this is his first full season on a not very good Fargo team.  Cakebread is 16th but and I think he needs a change of scenery.  I'm fine with a year in the NAHL as long as he goes somewhere that needs him to play the game he had last year.  It's like Gersich, played a checking line with the USNDTP team but now is the second leading scorer in Omaha

Cakebread could go to the BCHL, it seems to be working for former recruit Luke Voltin.

Yes, in most cases, but there are plenty that figure it out in college.  Jonny Brodzinski had 10 goals 12 assists in his best season in Fargo in 58 games.  I would take him on the Sioux in a heartbeat.  You can look at most college teams' committed recruits and find poor numbers, and there may be different reasons for that because of playing time, roles etc.  Give me a player like Colton St. Clair over a guy like James Massen any day. 

Sometimes it works out if a player is in a role that makes him learn to be responsible enough in his own zone that his college coach will trust him....ie Jonny Brodzinski who saw 3rd line minutes and little power play time with the Force. Might be something to playing in the NAHL as well. Taylor Richart(Miami) could have played for the Force his first year out of high school but as an undersized D-man he would have been the 7th or 8th D-man, he went to Aberdeen for a year and was their number #1 D-man, played on the power play and kill and hit the weight room. went to Fargo the following year and was usually on the first D-pair with Cooper.(UNO)...really comes down to which is better for the kid, ice time and/or refine some skills you probably didn't have to use much in high school.

Yes, in most cases, but there are plenty that figure it out in college.  Jonny Brodzinski had 10 goals 12 assists in his best season in Fargo in 58 games.  I would take him on the Sioux in a heartbeat.  You can look at most college teams' committed recruits and find poor numbers, and there may be different reasons for that because of playing time, roles etc.  Give me a player like Colton St. Clair over a guy like James Massen any day. 

Yes, Jonny is brought up everytime this is mentioned.  That is why I noted in most cases :).  The only reason I mentioned Yon is that some folks mentioned him as coming in next year.  In most cases that is pretty big jump.  I would just like to see Yon play another year in the USHL.

I have to wonder if this has a lot to do with the coach.  Marks is a legend of a player, but I don't see him getting the most from these kids, and he flat dumps on some of them.  Jonny B. was in his doghouse, and didn't blow up until he moved on.  Honestly, I think a coach/GM change is in order for the Force, and I believe it will help the kids development.  Just my opinion, of course, and I'm not on the ice with them.

Jackson Keane committed to UND.

Ci-08En7_normal.jpeg Jackson Keane @Jacksonkeane12  ·  34m 34 minutes ago

Happy to announce my commitment to the University of North Dakota! Thanks to everyone who has helped me get here. @UNDmhockey #GoSioux

Edit: He will be playing in the CJHL Prospects Game for Team West on January 20th with Gardner and Bast and against Peski.

Jackson Keane committed to UND.

Ci-08En7_normal.jpeg Jackson Keane @Jacksonkeane12  ·  34m 34 minutes ago

Happy to announce my commitment to the University of North Dakota! Thanks to everyone who has helped me get here. @UNDmhockey #GoSioux

Edit: He will be playing in the CJHL Prospects Game for Team West on January 20th with Gardner and Bast and against Peski.

According to Heisenberg's ratings hes #2 in Saskatchewan.  36 Points (12 G 24 A) in 34 Games. Drafted in the 5th round by Sioux City. 4th round in WHL

Christian Wolanin gets an assist with 3 SOG  and 4 PIMS also had a shootout goal.

Shane Gersich gets a goal and an assist with 6 SOG and 2 PIMS in the loss to Lincoln

Chrstian Cakebread stays off the point sheet in the loss to Des Moines.

Zach Yon also stays off the point sheet getting 4 SOG in the loss.

Chris Wilkie gets a hat trick on 7 shots in the win over Waterloo.

Hayden Shaw gets a goal in the loss with 2 SOG.

Rhett Gardner gets a goal and an assist versus Camrose tonight.

News recruit Jackson Keane stays off the point sheet tonight.  (The #2 recruit in a combination of MJHL and SJHL)

Matej Tomek saves 24 and gets 7 scored on him tonight in the loss.

Gabe Bast gets a goal in the win over Coquitlam. 

Christian Evers stays off the point sheet in the loss to Michigan State.

None of our HS players played tonight but Mitchell Mattson had an assist in the the win over Duluth East last night

Christian Wolanin gets an assist with 3 SOG  and 4 PIMS also had a shootout goal.

Shane Gersich gets a goal and an assist with 6 SOG and 2 PIMS in the loss to Lincoln

Chrstian Cakebread stays off the point sheet in the loss to Des Moines.

Zach Yon also stays off the point sheet getting 4 SOG in the loss.

Chris Wilkie gets a hat trick on 7 shots in the win over Waterloo.

Hayden Shaw gets a goal in the loss with 2 SOG.

Rhett Gardner gets a goal and an assist versus Camrose tonight.

News recruit Jackson Keane stays off the point sheet tonight.  (The #2 recruit in a combination of MJHL and SJHL)

Matej Tomek saves 24 and gets 7 scored on him tonight in the loss.

Gabe Bast gets a goal in the win over Coquitlam. 

Christian Evers stays off the point sheet in the loss to Michigan State.

None of our HS players played tonight but Mitchell Mattson had an assist in the the win over Duluth East last night

Jackson Keane's game was canceled tonight.