SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Under your assumption (no early departures): 

Lose (2D, 5F): Mattson, Panzarella, Gaarder, Parks, MarkMac, O'Donnell, Pattyn

Bring in (2D, 5F): Chartrand, Wolanin, Rowe, Yon, Gardner, Gersich, Wilkie

My (admittedly) guess is based on date of birth (oldest guys in pipeline come in). 

That would leave 4D, 4F in pipeline: Shaw, Peski, Evers, Kierstad, Bowen, Cakebread, Mattson, Senden

A guy can dream and hope someone get's pushed back to make room for a Matthews or a Boeser, or both.

Yeah, don't see St. Louis taking a chance at losing him to free agency.

Exactly, Jordan probably gone and Ladue probably gone if things go well as his clock is ticking faster being a older player. Mathews would be a absolute gigantic get to play with nick!!

For next years class, I'm going to assume Jordan is gone and depending on how he performs the rest of the season LaDue as well. I would think then we bring in Shaw and Evers to replace and Wolanin and Chartrand as depth players replacing Panz and Mattson.

At forward I don't think we will lose anybody to early departures. I think Chicago would like Nick to develop physically for another year especially depending on how long he is out with his injury. This leaves us losing five forwards and replacing them with Gersich and Rowe for sure and probably these three as well (Gardner, Wilkie, Yon) unless we can land Matthews or Boeser.

The St. Louis Blues just traded Leopold to Columbus so that would open up a spot for Schmaltz. Ladue would just end up buried behind other defensemen in the Kings organization. Forbert has yet to get called up to the Kings because of cap problems, Ladue might be better off staying a year or two and you'd have to think the Kings have to like how defensemen develop at UND and wouldn't mind him staying.

For next years class, I'm going to assume Jordan is gone and depending on how he performs the rest of the season LaDue as well. I would think then we bring in Shaw and Evers to replace and Wolanin and Chartrand as depth players replacing Panz and Mattson.

At forward I don't think we will lose anybody to early departures. I think Chicago would like Nick to develop physically for another year especially depending on how long he is out with his injury. This leaves us losing five forwards and replacing them with Gersich and Rowe for sure and probably these three as well (Gardner, Wilkie, Yon) unless we can land Matthews or Boeser.

I just don't see Jordan as being anywhere near ready.   But then, I don't know what one more year would do to get him ready for what is going to come at him in his own zone (bigger, faster, seasoned players who will know the book on him).

The St. Louis Blues just traded Leopold to Columbus so that would open up a spot for Schmaltz. Ladue would just end up buried behind other defensemen in the Kings organization. Forbert has yet to get called up to the Kings because of cap problems, Ladue might be better off staying a year or two and you'd have to think the Kings have to like how defensemen develop at UND and wouldn't mind him staying.

Keep in mind that LA just signed Jamie McBain. He was playing in the KHL and now will be back in the NHL. It was one year deal, but if he does well, I could see Lee hanging on to him. He is young still and has a lot of NHL experience.

I just don't see Jordan as being anywhere near ready.   But then, I don't know what one more year would do to get him ready for what is going to come at him in his own zone (bigger, faster, seasoned players who will know the book on him).

I don't think they want him to be ready right away, but if he stays another year, then they run the risk of losing him.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=739668

Anyone know why H. Shaw isn't on this listing?  Is he too old or something?  His output at the USHL level has been legit for the past two years, he also is playing in the world Jr A Challenge I believe.

The only reason I can think of is because he isn't the biggest of players. He is about the same size, maybe even smaller, than Stecher. But the fact that Stecher isn't drafted either just baffles me.

The only reason I can think of is because he isn't the biggest of players. He is about the same size, maybe even smaller, than Stecher. But the fact that Stecher isn't drafted either just baffles me.

Yeah but there are a lot of guy that aren't the biggest that are drafted.  Plus he isn't tiny.  I'm saying he get's drafted next summer.  He needs to come back though.  Anyone know who he was injured?

Christian Wolanin gets an assist with 7 shots going +2 in the win.

Shane Gersich gets a goal and assist with 1 SOG and goes +3.

Chris Wilkie gets a goal on 7 shots going +1.

Christian Cakebread goes -1 in the win.

Zach Yon gets an assist with one shot and 14 PIMS for checking from behind.

Rhett Gardner gets a goal and 2 assists in the win for Okotoks.

Andrew Preski doesn't get a point for Brockville in a blowout loss.

Early in the season for the MN kids:

Mark Senden gets a goal in his first game. 

Mitchell Mattson doesnt play until the 25th

Matt Kierstad gets started the 25th also versus Senden's Wayzeta team.

• Upvote 1

Zach Yon gets a goal and an assist on 5 shots going +2 in the loss tonight.

Christian Cakebread gets a goal on one shot going +2.

Chris Wilkie stays off the pointsheet tonight with 14 PIMS for Checking from Behind and got kicked out 3 minutes in.

Rhett Gardner stays off the pointsheet with 4 PIMS.

Danys Chartrand also doesnt register a point.

Zach Yon gets a goal and an assist on 5 shots going +2 in the loss tonight.

Christian Cakebread gets a goal on one shot going +2.

Chris Wilkie stays off the pointsheet tonight with 14 PIMS for Checking from Behind and got kicked out 3 minutes in.

Rhett Gardner stays off the pointsheet with 4 PIMS.

Danys Chartrand also doesnt register a point.

That's good to see. I'm a little worried about Cakebread. Seems he got off to a great start last year and was a hot commodity and after he made his commitment it seems he hasn't played nearly as well. I think he plays one more year in the USHL.

That's good to see. I'm a little worried about Cakebread. Seems he got off to a great start last year and was a hot commodity and after he made his commitment it seems he hasn't played nearly as well. I think he plays one more year in the USHL.

He's been bitten by the injury bug.  Messed up a foot last season and missed well over a month (almost 2?).  Had a hip issue this year already, and missed 4 or 6 games.  I'd say he grew a little over the summer and definitely put on about 15 lbs of muscle.  He's also been a lot more aggressive this season.  Will be interesting to see how he does as the season goes on, but earlier I thought he and Yon may both jump after this year.  I guess only time will tell how ready he gets.

He's been bitten by the injury bug.  Messed up a foot last season and missed well over a month (almost 2?).  Had a hip issue this year already, and missed 4 or 6 games.  I'd say he grew a little over the summer and definitely put on about 15 lbs of muscle.  He's also been a lot more aggressive this season.  Will be interesting to see how he does as the season goes on, but earlier I thought he and Yon may both jump after this year.  I guess only time will tell how ready he gets.

That's better to hear. I knew he had injury issues last year but didn't know anything about this year. Just wanted to get an opinion from someone who has seen him play as I have not.

Christian Wolanin gets 2 SOG and 12 PIMs going -2.  

Rhett Gardner gets a goal in the win for Okotoks.

Andrew Peski gets an assist in the win for Brockville.

In Mitchell Mattson first game he gets a goal and an 2 assists in a big win over Bemidji.

In two games for EGF Dixon Bowen has 5 goals and 3 assists.  Bowen scored 3 versus Totino Grace.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits