SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

He was moved to the affiliate list hopefully he can gain some confidence there. Might need another year of juniors before he gets here.

Schloss had said in a weekly chat that the team had always planned on him playing juniors next year, I believe he is still only 18 right now so he does have junior eligibility left. I wouldn't be surprised if he never ends up playing here and the same goes for Rowe and Pelnik too.

Schloss had said in a weekly chat that the team had always planned on him playing juniors next year, I believe he is still only 18 right now so he does have junior eligibility left. I wouldn't be surprised if he never ends up playing here and the same goes for Rowe and Pelnik too.

Yea I would be very surprised if Jack Rowe ever makes it to UND. I do think that Pelnik has much better chance to make the roster than Rowe. Though Pelnik might not be more of a Panzarella. I see a lot more upside in Luke Voltin than I do in Jack Rowe though

Yea I would be very surprised if Jack Rowe ever makes it to UND. I do think that Pelnik has much better chance to make the roster than Rowe. Though Pelnik might not be more of a Panzarella. I see a lot more upside in Luke Voltin than I do in Jack Rowe though

Honestly I'm ok with neither of them making it to campus. Elite talent at age 15-16, just didn't develop as expected, which happens. This is when a player like Trevor Olson or John Simonson becomes even more valuable.

So who all are we looking at coming in next season? I don't think the wiki page for it is very accurate.

Cam Johnson, John Simonson, Tucker Poolman and Nick Shmaltz would be my guess. If Jordan Schmaltz leaves I think we get someone that's not committed for defense or bring in another forward (Trevor Olson or Chris Wilkie)

So who all are we looking at coming in next season? I don't think the wiki page for it is very accurate.

Cam Johnson, John Simonson, Tucker Poolman and Nick Shmaltz would be my guess. If Jordan Schmaltz leaves I think we get someone that's not committed for defense or bring in another forward (Trevor Olson or Chris Wilkie)

I think Olson is a lock to come in too, I have heard that if Gersich is able to finish accelerating, he will be here next year as well. Even is J. Schmaltz leaves, I don't see any reason to bring in another defenseman, Poolman (who might win USHL Defenseman of the Year this year) will be hard pressed for playing time already.

What type of player is Olson? I was looking at his stats and it appears he can put the puck in the net with 6 goals in 10 games. I am guessing Cam Johnson will challenge Hyrnkiw for the backup goalie spot? Finally, is Poolman a puck-moving defenseman like Schmaltz? Thanks guys!

What type of player is Olson? I was looking at his stats and it appears he can put the puck in the net with 6 goals in 10 games. I am guessing Cam Johnson will challenge Hyrnkiw for the backup goalie spot? Finally, is Poolman a puck-moving defenseman like Schmaltz? Thanks guys!

I think the back up job is cams to start but Matt will make a push. I have heard some about Trevor and I think he is a power forward type. And tucker will move the puck but more of a two way guy than a offensive dman

I think Olson is a lock to come in too, I have heard that if Gersich is able to finish accelerating, he will be here next year as well. Even is J. Schmaltz leaves, I don't see any reason to bring in another defenseman, Poolman (who might win USHL Defenseman of the Year this year) will be hard pressed for playing time already.

Olson will be here next year as he will be too old to play another year of juniors. It will be interesting to see who they bring in other than Olson, Simonson and Schmaltz at forward.

Completely agree....Olson is a lock to come he is a solid player. I honestly think Schmaltz will stay to dominate next year but then he is gone. Gersich will be here if he can finish school and Poolman is in the Ladue mold. He is have such a good USHL season this year.

Olson will be here next year as he will be too old to play another year of juniors. It will be interesting to see who they bring in other than Olson, Simonson and Schmaltz at forward.

How many spots are open? The only one's I can see are Mitch Mac and Rodwell's and potentially N. Schmaltz's if he decommits. No one else is going anywhere except Rocco and that's a gigantic maybe as he has not been the player many of us thought he was going to be. By that, I mean putting up video game numbers. Don't get me wrong though, Rocco is my favorite player on the team I simply think he has not scored the way I initially thought he would.

How many spots are open? The only one's I can see are Mitch Mac and Rodwell's and potentially N. Schmaltz's if he decommits. No one else is going anywhere except Rocco and that's a gigantic maybe as he has not been the player many of us thought he was going to be. By that, I mean putting up video game numbers. Don't get me wrong though, Rocco is my favorite player on the team I simply think he has not scored the way I initially thought he would.

I agree I don't see anyone leaving early and only losing Mitch and Rodwell at forward. Maybe we only bring in those 3 at forward and Poolman on D. I think there may be room to bring in another forward though as I think there should be scholarship money available at forward.

I agree I don't see anyone leaving early and only losing Mitch and Rodwell at forward. Maybe we only bring in those 3 at forward and Poolman on D. I think there may be room to bring in another forward though as I think there should be scholarship money available at forward.

Oh I see, they will probably see what's going on with Gersich first.

Also technically have Tambellinis spot to fill too. Olson, Schmaltz, and Simonson are definitely coming in at forward and then I believe Gersich is the only other possibility. Poolman is the only D coming in but if Schmaltz was to leave early it would be a possibility to bring in someone like Mantha although I don't see the need as there would already be 6 solid D and Panzerella could be pushed to D again if someone got injured.

Hayden Shaw gets and assist to help Cam Johnson get the win.

Johnson makes 26 saves and gives up one goal.

Chris Wilkie gets a -2 in the same game for Tri-City.

Poganski took a contact to the head pentalty and game misconduct as well.

Christian Cakebread gets and assist but a -2 rating for Fargo.

While Simonson gets a goal and +2 rating to go with 7 penalty minutes for fighting and instigating.

Ryan Mantha gets 2 assist and a -1.

Tucker Poolman gets an assist and +1 rating for Omaha.

Nick Shmaltz gets a -1 rating for Green Bay.

Zach Yon gets an assist in a loss to EGF.

How would people rank our upcoming recruits? I'm not qualified to do such a thing but I would imagine Schmaltz is the biggest name coming in but thats about as much as I know.

1. Nick Schmaltz has the most potential by far

2. Shane Gersich would probably come in at two in potential very skilled player.

3. Tucker Poolman probably D-man of the year in the USHL tons of potential. His dad will get him a lot bigger too.

4. Cam Johnson is 3 and 0 since he got traded and is alot better than his Fargo stats show. Back-up to Goth when he gets here.

5. Chris Wilkie has showed this year that he can make an impact.

6.Ryan Mantha is another big bodied D-Man

7.Trevor Olson is a big bodied power forward.

8. Christain Evers is a few years away but looks the part of a physical D-Man.

9.Hayden Shaw has the tools to be a good puck moving plus/minus guy

10. Christain Cakebread is playing for a really bad team but is still really young.

Ryan Mantha gets kept off of the score chart but is +1 for the game.

Chris Wilkie gets an assist but a -2 rating tonight.

Austin Poganski is a -1.

Christain Cakebread also -1 as Fargo gets destroyed 7 to 0.

Nick Schmaltz assists Green Bay's only goal.

Hayden Shaw took a checking from behind call, misconduct and roughing for 14 penalty minutes.

Cam Johnson on the bench tonight. Slightly disappointed in lack of playing time for him.

John Simonson scores another goal tonight but gets a -1 rating.

Tucker Poolman stays even with no points.

Zach Yon was on an unofficial visit at the game tonight unfortunately.

Ryan Mantha gets kept off of the score chart but is +1 for the game.

Chris Wilkie gets an assist but a -2 rating tonight.

Austin Poganski is a -1.

Christain Cakebread also -1 as Fargo gets destroyed 7 to 0.

Nick Schmaltz assists Green Bay's only goal.

Hayden Shaw took a checking from behind call, misconduct and roughing for 14 penalty minutes.

Cam Johnson on the bench tonight. Slightly disappointed in lack of playing time for him.

John Simonson scores another goal tonight but gets a -1 rating.

Tucker Poolman stays even with no points.

Zach Yon was on an unofficial visit at the game tonight unfortunately.

On a negative night, not a lot of positives.