SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

39 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Shoot that stinks.  He’ll obviously be back there next season.

I was impressed with that kid when I watched him play last December. He seems to be a very fast, skilled player with good offensive imagination.  

His season-ending injury sucks. 

18 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think it’s bad in all sports. Surgery, long recovery period.

(My cousin is an orthopedic surgeon so she does these surgeries a lot) 

That's the main point here. Most athletes now days recovery still a minimum of 9 months.

World Junior A Update:

Going into the final day (Canada West has played their 4 preliminary games, every other team will play their 4th today), Blaisdell leads the tournament in goals (4) and is tied for the lead in points with (5).

Strictly looking at points, Bast (3 points in 4 games) and Pinto (2 points in 3 games), seem to be holding their own as well.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, AJS said:

World Junior A Update:

Going into the final day (Canada West has played their 4 preliminary games, every other team will play their 4th today), Blaisdell leads the tournament in goals (4) and is tied for the lead in points with (5).

Strictly looking at points, Bast (3 points in 4 games) and Pinto (2 points in 3 games), seem to be holding their own as well.

Watched part of the game between Canada East and Canada West, and Bast really impressed me with his poise with the puck on the power play.  Reminds me a bit of Chay Genoway. 

Preliminary round has completed at the World Junior A tournament (4 games). Canada West plays the USA in the second semi-final game tomorrow.

Blaisdell: 4G 1A 5 points (Tied tourney lead in goals, tied 3rd in points)

Bast: 1G 2A 3 points

Pinto: 1G 1A 2 points

Rizzo: 1A 1 point

Frisch: 1A 1 point

Miller: No points

Watching the World Junior A Challenge right now. Free streaming at HockeyCanada.ca. USA with Pinto, Frisch and Miller leading Canada West with Blaisdell, Rizzo and Bast 2-1 heading into the 3rd period. Pinto, Blaisdell and Rizzo each playing center and all looking very good. Pinto looks better than advertised, plays a strong relentless smart game. Rizzo and Blaisdell are both speedy and flashy. Bast looks solid on defense. Haven’t seen much of Frisch or Miller tonight. Looks like we’ll be scoring a lot more goals next season when they arrive on campus.

1 hour ago, Tradition said:

Watching the World Junior A Challenge right now. Free streaming at HockeyCanada.ca. USA with Pinto, Frisch and Miller leading Canada West with Blaisdell, Rizzo and Bast 2-1 heading into the 3rd period. Pinto, Blaisdell and Rizzo each playing center and all looking very good. Pinto looks better than advertised, plays a strong relentless smart game. Rizzo and Blaisdell are both speedy and flashy. Bast looks solid on defense. Haven’t seen much of Frisch or Miller tonight. Looks like we’ll be scoring a lot more goals next season when they arrive on campus.

They will be freshmen, so you never know, but hopefully they transition well to the next level.  Hain and Weatherby haven't lit it up yet, but they have enough talent that they will put it together.  Hopefully that starts the second half of this season.

• Upvote 1