SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Recruiting sounds better than it did about a year ago, doesn't it? :)

Recruiting has been great lately - nice job by the coaches.  This is especially satisfying since the last two #1s went to Duluth and St. Clown.  We need studs like this in the mix.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dden3 said:

Thanks.  Gaarder did turn out very well for us.

I'm concerned we don't seem to recruit lunch-pail, 4-years guys like we used to.  Blais was good at striking that balance. 

For all we know this hot shot '20 bunch might not know what 60 minutes is.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, burd said:

I'm concerned we don't seem to recruit lunch-pail, 4-years guys like we used to.  Blais was good at striking that balance. 

Um, this is a joke, right? Is this a play off the recruiting narrative that we've been talking about since before we got Rizzo?

I'm sorry if I'm ruining the joke hahaha. And if you're not joking, I'm very, very confused.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, burd said:

Our Junior class is loaded with grinders who will play 4 years.  I'd much rather be loaded with studs.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Um, this is a joke, right? Is this a play off the recruiting narrative that we've been talking about since before we got Rizzo?

I'm sorry if I'm ruining the joke hahaha. And if you're not joking, I'm very, very confused.

Apparently our coaches can’t win. Not enough blue chippas, not enough grinders ... I just want hockey players.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Apparently our coaches can’t win. Not enough blue chippas, not enough grinders ... I just want hockey players.

We've spent like 6 months whining about a lack of studs because we have too many grinders and now... we have complaining because we aren't recruiting grinders lol. What. The. Heck.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We've spent like 6 months whining about a lack of studs because we have too many grinders and now... we have complaining because we aren't recruiting grinders lol. What. The. Heck.

You guys have been around long enough to know that burd is known for his use of sarcasm in his posts.

;):D

13 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Now you're clouding the issue with facts. 

33 minutes ago, AJS said:

Interesting comment from Halliday in the article:

"I think college is not only more fun," Halliday said, "but I think it's better for development to get to the next level."

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

... were you actually wanting more grinders?

I never kid about grinders.
Turkey and taco meat please, and I'm not a bread snob so just gimme my sammich. 

Oh ... not that kind ... nevermind ... 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

I never kid about grinders.
Turkey and taco meat please, and I'm not a bread snob so just gimme my sammich. 

Oh ... not that kind ... nevermind ... 

I had a free pizza from Spicy Pie, and to order, I needed to have at least $8.00 so I ordered their big grinder. It was fabulous. 

1 minute ago, Goon said:

I had a free pizza from Spicy Pie, and to order, I needed to have at least $8.00 so I ordered their big grinder. It was fabulous. 

Remember: One of the owners of Spicy Pie is former REA general manager Todd Berning. He may know about grinders from his time in Grand Forks. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Remember: One of the owners of Spicy Pie is former REA general manager Todd Berning. He may know about grinders from his time in Grand Forks. 

Actually, I didn't know that. However, I am a big fan of that place. 

15 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Then you run into the "Diaper Dandy" problem that Boston University has run into. You lose too many guys at once.

These guys are still young.  Some of them may not turn out to be exactly what some think...others may be better.  We attempt to recruit the best kids every single year.  You're never going to turn away a kid because they happen to be too talented.  Berry is going into year 3 (I believe), his recruiting has picked up over time.  A few years ago, I was curious if the recruiting would take a hit with Hak's departure.  It did, to an extent, but has picked right back up.  I expect Berry to continue this recent trend.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits