SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/nhl-mock-draft-2018-picks-order-projections-rasmus-dahlin-sabres-canadiens-blackhawks-rangers/1wwd425dls1km1pjod5zbjj4sc

Wouldn't it be cool if both Tychonick and Bernard Docker got drafted by the same team as this mock has?  They certainly would be able to grow together, but then if one leaves early, does the other too?

Actually, I'd think one of them leaving would encourage the other to stay as that means one less spot, you know?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Actually, I'd think one of them leaving would encourage the other to stay as that means one less spot, you know?

Good point, I suppose the big club’s interest level on signing them would drive the timeline more than ego.

2 hours ago, tnt said:

Good point, I suppose the big club’s interest level on signing them would drive the timeline more than ego.

I think we can get three years from both. I guess, I hope. UND being really, really competitive in year 2 and 3 should keep both very interested.

US Select 17 Development Camp (2001) starts next Tuesday.

Mancinelli - Team Gold

Miller - Team Red

Schmaltz - Team Royal

Always fun to see how the UND recruits match up against the best of their birth year (USNTDP members excluded)

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

I thought Tychonick was the chippa.

I was watching the draft, I was almost positive we were going to hear Tychonicks name second to last or last in the first.  With all those dmen going I was shocked he wasn’t picked.  I’m guessing they’ll be a string of Fs going early in the second. Congrats to JBD though! 

What is story with Wilde not going yet?  Kid was a lotto pick 3 months ago.  Both him and Blake McLaughlin both have CHL rumors, both were not invited (shockingly) to USAs summer u20 eval camp, and both just slipped out of the first.  Although many scouts did have McLaughlin slipping out of the first.

10 hours ago, DAR said:

Pretty much guarantees he will be a two year player vs 3 year in 2nd round.  Especially being drafted by Ottawa if he even shows up at campus

No inside information, but I wouldn't worry about JBD not being here in the fall. Guys like JBD, Tychonick, Jost (next year Rizzo, Blaisdell) all made the conscious decision to play Junior A instead of CHL to go the college route. 

The guys UND has had trouble with all came from one program and had no local ties. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2018 at 2:15 PM, tnt said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/nhl-mock-draft-2018-picks-order-projections-rasmus-dahlin-sabres-canadiens-blackhawks-rangers/1wwd425dls1km1pjod5zbjj4sc

Wouldn't it be cool if both Tychonick and Bernard Docker got drafted by the same team as this mock has?  They certainly would be able to grow together, but then if one leaves early, does the other too?

They did,  but it's Ottawa

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

No inside information, but I wouldn't worry about JBD not being here in the fall. Guys like JBD, Tychonick, Jost (next year Rizzo, Blaisdell) all made the conscious decision to play Junior A instead of CHL to go the college route. 

The guys UND has had trouble with all came from one program and had no local ties. 

Who’s worried?

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Hain is one of the rare cases that leaves MN HS Hockey to play for the NTDP and his draft stock is crushed

A lot changes in one year from the previous projections. I think if I remember right he was a second-round projection. He didn't get great playing time, but still was with the top development programs in the US. 

He'll be a solid player for us for three-plus seasons. Glad to see him get drafted though.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits