SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

16 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

Any new news on Kunz and the Development Team opportunity?  Anyone turn down the offer and create a spot?

One of the UMD recruits (Forward), did turn it down, so there's one additional spot.

You'd think we'd be hearing something on the team sooner than later.Youth Hockey Hub reported almost a week ago that three of the Minnesota kids accepted, one declined and one hadn't made up their mind.

39 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

Any new news on Kunz and the Development Team opportunity?  Anyone turn down the offer and create a spot?

Confirmed that he did not make the team (as of today, could change if more back outs). The thought is he will either return to RR or play in the USHL next year. USHL draft is in early May.

1 hour ago, ChadR said:

Confirmed that he did not make the team (as of today, could change if more back outs). The thought is he will either return to RR or play in the USHL next year. USHL draft is in early May.

Biondi & Smith (both Duluth commits) have declined NTDP offer. Very possibly could create an opening for Kunz?

2 minutes ago, USA said:

Biondi & Smith (both Duluth commits) have declined NTDP offer. Very possibly could create an opening for Kunz?

Three other Minnesotans accepted Kelley (Duluth), Gallatin  (Duluth), Faber (Notre Dame)

11 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

So we have recruits that are usndt leftovers? I would think we should be in umd position. And having our guys decline the offers instead of accepting a 2nd rate offer

my have times have changed

Patrick Kane was cut out of camp.  Accepted a spot after someone else backed out.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

So we have recruits that are usndt leftovers? I would think we should be in umd position. And having our guys decline the offers instead of accepting a 2nd rate offer

Well, the recruiting and scouting services all have Jackson Kunz rated as the better prospect so there is that. There is more that goes into the process of the USNDT than raw ability.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Wow is anything ever good with UND or just doom and gloom? You belong on GPL.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Wait a minute, I thought Grand Forks hockey rules!   You have quite the dilemma with a guy from Grafton winning the Natty with Duluth and their guys making the development team ahead of a Grand Forks Guy!

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

How many stateys does rrhs and gfc have combined va rest of state? It’s us vs the whole state 

So you say Grand Forks hockey rules in a small window of the state.  Well then, UND hockey rules this year too!

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits