SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Was pretty shocked that Moorhead lost last night. I caught the 3rd period on the radio and it seemed like they were dominating but would have a little lapse and STMA converted on their limited opportunities. Kind of a disappointing year for Moorhead. Seemed like they were up and down all year and just couldn't find the consistency they played with for the 2nd half of the season and state tournament run last year also seemed like their goaltender struggled a little more this year. 

Donovan and Duluth East play Andover tonight. They looked really good Monday against Marshall as Donovan had a goal and assist in the 9-1 win. 

19 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Was pretty shocked that Moorhead lost last night. I caught the 3rd period on the radio and it seemed like they were dominating but would have a little lapse and STMA converted on their limited opportunities. Kind of a disappointing year for Moorhead. Seemed like they were up and down all year and just couldn't find the consistency they played with for the 2nd half of the season and state tournament run last year also seemed like their goaltender struggled a little more this year. 

Donovan and Duluth East play Andover tonight. They looked really good Monday against Marshall as Donovan had a goal and assist in the 9-1 win. 

I was at the game.  The Spuds seemed to fall into trying to do too much with too many solo efforts.  STMA just keep grinding and playing as a team.  Moorhead goalie was off for sure.  Even misplayed a couple he tried to glove while standing.  Quite the exciting comeback...too bad Carter couldn't get the game tying goal at the horn.

15 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Duluth East wins 7AA with a 3-2 OT win over Andover. Donovan had the game tying goal with 1:12 left. Andover goalie was outstanding and kept them in it while Andover made the most of their offensive chances. Shots were 53-20 in favor of Duluth East.

Ryder is a lot of fun to watch.  Didn't realize he was such a big kid.

It was only one game, so it may not mean much, but it sure seems like Worth just skates around waiting for the puck to find him.  Could be why a kid with 42g isn't committed. 

21 hours ago, franchise said:

Ryder is a lot of fun to watch.  Didn't realize he was such a big kid.

It was only one game, so it may not mean much, but it sure seems like Worth just skates around waiting for the puck to find him.  Could be why a kid with 42g isn't committed. 

I talked to a guy from up there and he says the same thing.  Kid has an unbelievable shot and slick hands but doesn’t have a motor for being a smaller kid, that can hurt as you move on from HS

On 2/28/2018 at 8:58 PM, franchise said:

Ranklev 1g, 1a. Frisch 2a.

My sources tell me both will be playing for their USHL teams (Randklev to Fargo, Frisch to Green Bay) this weekend. 

Can someone talk to Cary Eades and get Frisch to Fargo so we can watch them both? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So, the kid can score against a bunch of kids younger than he... big woop ;) 

He understands the fundamental concept of "put puck in their net".
I wonder if some of our guys understand that concept. 

And to win, you must put at least one puck in their net. 
Finally ...

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

He understands the fundamental concept of "put puck in their net".
I wonder if some of our guys understand that concept. 

And to win, you must put at least one puck in their net. 
Finally ...

giphy.gif

HELLO?!?! :)

2 assists for Ryder Donovan in Duluth East's 5-0 quarterfinal win over STMA. He played really well and is definitely an all around player. Had a few other really good chances to score including a couple he created on the penalty kill. Should be a really good one tomorrow night with Duluth East and Edina.