Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
AZSIOUX

COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He's not a top-6 player on our team when we have our best two best centers healthy. Simonson plays his role as good as anyone on the team -- two-way and being responsible. He's not a scorer.

No kidding he's not a scorer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And that's not his role. 

We do need some guys whose role it is to score badly.  I would be fascinated to hear the coaches talk honestly about recruiting - have we missed on some studs?  Mis-evaluated anyone?  Changed philosophy?  The old saying with Blais is that we didn't rebuild so much as reload.  With our obvious recruiting advantages - including glowing recommendations from NHL players - it is almost inconceivable that we don't have more top end talent.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And that's not his role. 

I think some of the frustration comes from when we're down 1 and he's out there every other shift late in the game...but that's not on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, franchise said:

I think some of the frustration comes from when we're down 1 and he's out there every other shift late in the game...but that's not on him.

That's a fair point. But, down 1 on a team who doesn't score in general, he's going to for sure be a responsible player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Irish said:

We do need some guys whose role it is to score badly.  I would be fascinated to hear the coaches talk honestly about recruiting - have we missed on some studs?  Mis-evaluated anyone?  Changed philosophy?  The old saying with Blais is that we didn't rebuild so much as reload.  With our obvious recruiting advantages - including glowing recommendations from NHL players - it is almost inconceivable that we don't have more top end talent.  

I agree with all of this. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

That's a fair point. But, down 1 on a team who doesn't score in general, he's going to for sure be a responsible player.

Just to add on-  another reason he’s out there a lot is because he’s one of the top face off guys. With Gardner being out recently and now Jones out, we’ll see more of him when there’s important draws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, siouxforce19 said:

Just to add on-  another reason he’s out there a lot is because he’s one of the top face off guys. With Gardner out and now Jones out, we’ll see more of him when there’s important draws. 

Great point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Senden is a potential future captain. He’s captain of the Force, captained a state title team, plays against other teams top lines. He has a lot of intangibles. 

Jost staying would have changed the dynamic of the team significantly. It would drop Gardner to 2nd line center and Jones to 3rd line center, and that 3rd line would have created a mismatch for other teams. 

That's a great point, if Jones is close to our leading scorer now, how much more production would he have playing against 3rd and 4th line opposition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Just to add on-  another reason he’s out there a lot is because he’s one of the top face off guys. With Gardner being out recently and now Jones out, we’ll see more of him when there’s important draws. 

The sooner you get possession, the sooner you can chip it off the glass:D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And that's not his role. 

Nope but let's get more just like him to fill spots for guys that can put it in the back of the net. All I'm saying is from what I have seen this year scoring is the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He's not a top-6 player on our team when we have our best two best centers healthy. Simonson plays his role as good as anyone on the team -- two-way and being responsible. He's not a scorer.

Every team needs this type of player. Do we maybe have too many of this type of player in the pipeline right now? Maybe. But, we definitely need players like Johnny (Senden could fill this role) to be on our team going forward.

Bingo.  But I think you just made the overall point.  Going into the next 1-2 years, it appears we are lacking skill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mhockey said:

Nope but let's get more just like him to fill spots for guys that can put it in the back of the net. All I'm saying is from what I have seen this year scoring is the issue.

I agree with that. I was just kind of defending who Johnny is as a player.

 

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Bingo.  But I think you just made the overall point.  Going into the next 1-2 years, it appears we are lacking skill. 

Yup. I agree with this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BCHL Stats:

Blaisdell '01 (F): 7-12-19 41GP (Played World Junior A)

Keane '97 (F): 7-13-20 42GP

Weatherby '98 (F): 34-34-68 52GP (Leading League in Points, Tied 1st Goals) 

Tychonick '00 (D): 9-32-41 43GP (Played World Junior A, 4th League Defensive scoring, 2nd PPG)

Reid '01 (D): 1-12-13 47GP

Scheel '99 (G):  2.09 GAA .928 SV% (2nd SV% & GAA)

USHL Stats:

Senden '98 (F): 9-8-17 41GP

Mancinelli '01 (F): 10-8-18 38GP

Costello '00 (F): 6-1-7 34GP

AJHL Stats:

Bernard-Docker '00 (D): 15-18-33 41GP (Played World Junior A)

NTDP -18:

Hain '00 (F): 7-14-21 37GP

NTDP -17:

Caulfield '01 (F): 11-10-21 34GP

High School

Donovan '00 / JR (F) - Duluth East: 11-41-52 24GP

Randklev '99 / SR (F) - Moorhead: 21-16-37 23GP

Frisch '00 / JR (D) - Moorhead: 5-18-23 23GP

Kunz '02 / FR (F) - Red River: 18-15-33 18GP

Kleven '02 / SO (D) - Davies: 7-5-12 21PG

Other

Bowen '02 - Fraser Valley - 8-18-26 19GP (Major Midget League, will finish year in BCHL)

Pinto '00 - Selects Academy -5-3-8 7GP

Sanderson '02 - Edge School Elite 15s - 10-20-30 22GP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, AJS said:

Mancinelli looks like he could be a good one, in his first year in the USHL (either Sophomore or Junior in HS - June DOB), he currently has 10 G 7 A - 17 P in 36 GP. Of that total, in his last 16 GP, he's almost averaging a PPG, with 9 G 5 A for 14 P.

Obviously, there's a huge step up from High School / Midget to the USHL, no surprise that it took a while to get comfortable. Seems to be taking off now that he got his feet wet.

 

 

Another big weekend for Mancinelli, going 1-4-5 in 3 GP.

 

Yearly totals: 11-12-23 41GP

Since 12/15: 10-10-20 21GP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2018 at 10:20 AM, AJS said:

BCHL Stats:

Blaisdell '01 (F): 7-12-19 41GP (Played World Junior A)

Keane '97 (F): 7-13-20 42GP

Weatherby '98 (F): 34-34-68 52GP (Leading League in Points, Tied 1st Goals) 

Tychonick '00 (D): 9-32-41 43GP (Played World Junior A, 4th League Defensive scoring, 2nd PPG)

Reid '01 (D): 1-12-13 47GP

Scheel '99 (G):  2.09 GAA .928 SV% (2nd SV% & GAA)

USHL Stats:

Senden '98 (F): 9-8-17 41GP

Mancinelli '01 (F): 10-8-18 38GP

Costello '00 (F): 6-1-7 34GP

AJHL Stats:

Bernard-Docker '00 (D): 15-18-33 41GP (Played World Junior A)

NTDP -18:

Hain '00 (F): 7-14-21 37GP

NTDP -17:

Caulfield '01 (F): 11-10-21 34GP

High School

Donovan '00 / JR (F) - Duluth East: 11-41-52 24GP

Randklev '99 / SR (F) - Moorhead: 21-16-37 23GP

Frisch '00 / JR (D) - Moorhead: 5-18-23 23GP

Kunz '02 / FR (F) - Red River: 18-15-33 18GP

Kleven '02 / SO (D) - Davies: 7-5-12 21PG

Other

Bowen '02 - Fraser Valley - 8-18-26 19GP (Major Midget League, will finish year in BCHL)

Pinto '00 - Selects Academy -5-3-8 7GP

Sanderson '02 - Edge School Elite 15s - 10-20-30 22GP

So who is coming next year? Weatherby, Keane, Senden? Who else? Is Tychonik still two years away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

So who is coming next year? Weatherby, Keane, Senden? Who else? Is Tychonik still two years away?

Locks: Weatherby, Keane, Senden, Hain, Tychonick & Scheel

All eyes are on Gersich from there, if he goes, they'll need 1 more forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AJS said:

Locks: Weatherby, Keane, Senden, Hain, Tychonick & Scheel

All eyes are on Gersich from there, if he goes, they'll need 1 more forward.

Carter Huber just committed for next season according to his junior team (Okotoks-AJHL)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Carter Huber just committed for next season according to his junior team (Okotoks-AJHL)

I don't know much about this guy. What are people's initial thoughts? We still in on Rizzo?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don't know much about this guy. What are people's initial thoughts? We still in on Rizzo?

 

5-11, 192 lbs. 20 yrs old.

24-33-57 in 54 games. Captain

 

The 20-year-old established himself as the clear choice to take on captain’s duty in his second season with the squad, apprenticing in the role under Jordie Lawson.

“His leadership qualities, the character, he’s a high-end kid,” said Oilers head coach Tyler Deis. “He’s mature, he’s focused, knows what he wants and his leadership is just off the charts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Carter Huber just committed for next season according to his junior team (Okotoks-AJHL)

The last sliver of hope I had that Gersich would be back is now gone.

This isn't on any one of the many maxed out players that Berry is bringing in next year, since it's necessary to fill in the gaps, but I'd rather leave having over 1/2 your freshman class being 21 once they hit campus to the Bemidji's of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don't know much about this guy. What are people's initial thoughts? We still in on Rizzo?

 

Assuming kind of a walk on or minimal scholarship replacement for Gornall.  Don’t think this has any bearing on Rizzo since he wouldn’t come for a few years anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't understand how a school like UND with all of it's advantages has to go this route.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AJS said:

I just don't understand how a school like UND with all of it's advantages has to go this route.

What route is that?  Walk ons like Coltyn Sanderson, Connor Gaarder or Steph Pattyn?  Those kinds of heart and soul players are the difference between us and Minnesota.  Yes, we are short on the high end guys right now, but it’s not like there are a bunch of those available for next year.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tnt said:

What route is that?  Walk ons like Coltyn Sanderson, Connor Gaarder or Steph Pattyn?  Those kinds of heart and soul players are the difference between us and Minnesota.  Yes, we are short on the high end guys right now, but it’s not like there are a bunch of those available for next year.  

Were all three in the same class? Have you ever heard of a guy named Jonny Brodzinski? Didn't score much in Juniors, but is playing in the NHL!

If you re-read my first post, it has nothing to do with any single member of next years class. I realize how important players like you mentioned are to the team. My frustration is with the number of maxed out players that are in next years class.

 

Note: A lot of it is losing Gersich early, it's just such a big blow for next year. Just one year, it would be nice to be surprised with everyone coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×