SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

They poached St. Cyr from Michigan so he undoubtedly felt slighted.

Have we ever had an NTDP goalie before?  Also can't think of any Ohio natives (that ever played anyways...Miller)

I think Scheel decommitted from Notre Dame before St. Cyr decommitted from Michigan.

Looking at Michigan it could be a couple of reasons he decided to change to Notre Dame. The team is garbage in their own end and two sophomore goalies that have played this year.

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

I think Scheel decommitted from Notre Dame before St. Cyr decommitted from Michigan.

Looking at Michigan it could be a couple of reasons he decided to change to Notre Dame. The team is garbage in their own end and two sophomore goalies that have played this year.

Sure enough he decommitted around Thanksgiving according to my Internet sleuthing.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Will he come in next season then? Play another year with a development team? Move to the USHL?

I don't see him coming next year, spend next year in the USHL then come after Cam is for sure gone.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Sure enough he decommitted around Thanksgiving according to my Internet sleuthing.

St. Cyr decommitted from Michigan and 2 or 3 days later committed to Notre Dame.

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think the list of committed kids on this thread should help ease some of the hand-wringing that has been going on regarding the long-term future of the program. We will get back to the Promised Land.

If people don't see 1st round draft status behind a recruit, they don't get excited as much.  Then they rip the top draft picks when they don't live up to expectations. Forbort, Jordan Schmaltz, Finley, Lee were not considered very good at times compared to other defensemen on the team, but many of the guys coming in without as high of expectations like Stecher, Poolman, LaDue etc, ended up being fan favorites.  That's why I don't understand how fans are questioning the talent coming in when they have seen the Caggiula's produce beyond expectation, while some of the big names struggle at times.

• Upvote 1

UND will have at least 1 commit playing in the Minnesota State tournament next weekend. Ethan Frisch and Moorhead earned their spot with a 6-0 win over Roseau last night. Gavin Hain and Grand Rapids will try to clinch their spot tonight against Duluth East.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

UND will have at least 1 commit playing in the Minnesota State tournament next weekend. Ethan Frisch and Moorhead earned their spot with a 6-0 win over Roseau last night. Gavin Hain and Grand Rapids will try to clinch their spot tonight against Duluth East.

Will we who have MIDCO see any of the MN high school tournament games on TV?

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Anyone know what Gavin Hain's plans are for next year?

Kids elite.  I would assume he'll have the option of playing for the u18 team.  He was also the first overall pick in last year's ushl draft.  After next year (given he has a strong year), I would assume he'd be a first round draft pick and play for the good  guys.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Kids elite.  I would assume he'll have the option of playing for the u18 team.  He was also the first overall pick in last year's ushl draft.  After next year (given he has a strong year), I would assume he'd be a first round draft pick and play for the good  guys.

If I'm not mistaken he is a junior this year. Being he brought a state title home you would have to think no one would fault him for leaving to play against better competition. It'll be interesting to see where he decides to go.