SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I agree with you about the atmosphere in The Ralph, but differ in that the M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A thing is kinda cool to me.

My opinion

I hate the spelling thing because if I hear it at a hockey game it means I'm already pissed off.

As I had great times going to the Barn and watching Gopher BB back in the '90's when the Barn was rocking I will say in that context I enjoyed the thing. It's all about your perspective.

IMO it's no different than the "all MN" thing with the hockey team. Of course, that no longer applies but going back to when it did....I totally get it. And if MN could win with all MN kids I think they should do it, and I think they should rub it in to everyone's face when they do. Just the way the we should, if it was possible for UND to win at hockey with all ND kids. Embrace it, and laud it. It's not possible, and that's ok too. But if it was, that would be my take.

danny mattson is still out of chicago's lineup and st clair out for fargo

friday

macmillin 1g, odonnell 1a in tie

parks 1a in win

jt miller 1g in loss, grimaldi 7 shots and 2 pim in loss

n mattson 1a and 4 shots in win

shamaltz 1g in 2-1 loss

saturday

odonnell 2a in loss

gothberg with loss stopping 19 of 21 shots - gothberg is 5-4 ... 2.46 gaa ... .893 save%

grimaldi 1a and jt miller 1a in win

danny mattson is still out of chicago's lineup and st clair out for fargo

friday

macmillin 1g, odonnell 1a in tie

parks 1a in win

jt miller 1g in loss, grimaldi 7 shots and 2 pim in loss

n mattson 1a and 4 shots in win

shamaltz 1g in 2-1 loss

saturday

odonnell 2a in loss

gothberg with loss stopping 19 of 21 shots - gothberg is 5-4 ... 2.46 gaa ... .893 save%

grimaldi 1a and jt miller 1a in win

Anyone know what Gothberg's d-corps looks like in front of him? I haven't seen them in action.

Anyone know what Gothberg's d-corps looks like in front of him? I haven't seen them in action.

I went to a Gamblers/Force game in Green Bay the first week of the season. I didn't really pay attention to many details other than watching Colton St. Clair specifically, and a couple other known NCAA recruits. Gothberg didn't get the start that night, but looked a little shaky in warmups.

He seems to be doing decent, but nothing stellar. He's still young, though, so I'm not making any assumptions, just pointing out what I saw.

St. Clair looked like Gregoire v2.0...won't win a goal-scoring title, but will still tally plenty of points while doing a lot of the little things right in a smooth, yet tenacious matter.

St. Clair looked like Gregoire v2.0...won't win a goal-scoring title, but will still tally plenty of points while doing a lot of the little things right in a smooth, yet tenacious matter.

So for next year, we have Gregoire v2 (St. Clair), Gerbe v2 (Grimaldi), and VandeVelde v2 (Miller) coming in.

Not to mention O'Donnell and MacMillian, who are both putting up great points as well.

I'll take that!

So for next year, we have Gregoire v2 (St. Clair), Gerbe v2 (Grimaldi), and VandeVelde v2 (Miller) coming in.

Not to mention O'Donnell and MacMillian, who are both putting up great points as well.

I'll take that!

those are 3 pretty big pairs of shoes to fill... if st clair is anywhere near the player that gregoire is, we will be in for a treat. that dude is an animal, and hope he gets healthy soon, we are a different team with him on the ice. but it has been nice to see the seniors step up with all the injuries.

I went to a Gamblers/Force game in Green Bay the first week of the season. I didn't really pay attention to many details other than watching Colton St. Clair specifically, and a couple other known NCAA recruits. Gothberg didn't get the start that night, but looked a little shaky in warmups.He seems to be doing decent, but nothing stellar. He's still young, though, so I'm not making any assumptions, just pointing out what I saw.

Practice? We're talking about practice? Not a game. Practice?

If St. Clair is remotely close to the two way player Gregoire is, UND hockey fans should be very excited to see him play at the REA.

Schmaltz on scoring tear for Musketeers

Count Jordan Schmaltz among the scoring threats for the Sioux City Musketeers.

Heading into tonight's 7:05 United States Hockey League game against Lincoln at the Lincoln Icebox Arena, the Musketeers' 6-2, 175-pound defenseman has scored in four straight games, currently the team's longest streak.

You missed one on Saturday.

JT Miller got a deflection goal on the power play in an exhibition game ... I forget where.

i heard it was in some barn vs a so-so college hockey program somewhere near canada or something like that ;)

You missed one on Saturday.

JT Miller got a deflection goal on the power play in an exhibition game ... I forget where.

I thought Miller looked like a fighting sioux player out there this weekend. He will be a good player for the Sioux. Anyone catch him and Mac going at it at the end?

Can't wait to see him in a UND jersey.

I thought Miller looked like a fighting sioux player out there this weekend. He will be a good player for the Sioux. Anyone catch him and Mac going at it at the end?

Can't wait to see him in a UND jersey.

the sioux tested miller and miller gave it right back. he and grimaldi are going to be great college hockey players for und!

Nice avatar photo AZ Sioux. I can't wait to see Grimaldi play as I have never watched him in person or on tv.

Same here, I'm pumped as well. I have Public Enemy running through my mind, "Don't believe the hype." With all this talk of his speed, nack of scoring, and the points he puts up on every level he plays, I'm excited to believe the hype.

Also a previous post gave a comparsion of VandeValde and JT Miller, I actually would have to agree. He's a tough power forward from the several shifts I've seen of him.