SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Volleyball season

dakotadan

I hope that everyone that has the opportunity to, will go to tonight's game in Fargo to support the Sioux Volleyball Team against the bison.

I wish I could make it there. Just too far away.

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!

GO SIOUX!!!

I will be there. I have 4 tickets and right now, I believe there is only two of us going. If anyone is interested in a ticket pm and I'll let you know if I still have them.

Unfortunately, the Bison swept us tonight - 26-24, 25-21 and 25-19. I was only able to watch the end of the second and all of the third. It appeared the best team won but it was close. I had not watched women's college VB for many years. It is amazing how good they are!

UND led just about the entire 1st set. The Bison had 21 or 22 when your gals hit 24. The Bison put about 4 unanswered to win the set. The second set was also very close with the Sioux leading for the first half. The Bison took the lead at that point, but UND kept it tight. The 3rd set felt like a runaway. It didn't feel nearly as close as the score indicates. The Bison tightened up their game and eliminated almost all mistakes, and UND started to fall apart. The Sioux seemed to make more mental errors in the 3rd set than the first two combined. I'm sure it wasn't quite that bad, but that was the mood. UND managed a rally at the end to close the score a little bit, but I never felt the match was in doubt. The Bison are the better team, but your gals are pretty close. I think we would win 8 out of 10, but most would go to four or five sets. The sweep really surprised me. Attendance was 1638 with about 10-15% UND fans. 4th largest crowd in Bison volleyball history.

Your volleyball facility is very nice. NDSU has a great volleyball program but the Sioux aren't far behind. Considering where UND is in their transition it is going to make for some fantastic games in the future. If UND had the match in Grand Forks the results could of been different. Nonetheless it was a great match and congratulations to NDSU for a well deserved victory. See you next year.

• Upvote 1

UND led just about the entire 1st set. The Bison had 21 or 22 when your gals hit 24. The Bison put about 4 unanswered to win the set. The second set was also very close with the Sioux leading for the first half. The Bison took the lead at that point, but UND kept it tight. The 3rd set felt like a runaway. It didn't feel nearly as close as the score indicates. The Bison tightened up their game and eliminated almost all mistakes, and UND started to fall apart. The Sioux seemed to make more mental errors in the 3rd set than the first two combined. I'm sure it wasn't quite that bad, but that was the mood. UND managed a rally at the end to close the score a little bit, but I never felt the match was in doubt. The Bison are the better team, but your gals are pretty close. I think we would win 8 out of 10, but most would go to four or five sets. The sweep really surprised me. Attendance was 1638 with about 10-15% UND fans. 4th largest crowd in Bison volleyball history.

Great summary, Hammersmith, for those of us who were unable to be there in person. It is much appreciated. I have a feeling that after the Bison rallied to come from behind in the first two sets it took a little bit out of the Sioux ladies for the third one. Again, that snowball effect. Congratulations to two very good volleyball squads and programs. Will expect the Bison will again make the NCAAs this season.

Unfortunately, the Bison swept us tonight - 26-24, 25-21 and 25-19. I was only able to watch the end of the second and all of the third. It appeared the best team won but it was close. I had not watched women's college VB for many years. It is amazing how good they are!

I will never forget the first college VB match I went to at NDSU. Until then my view of VB was basically the crap we played in PE in high school. I had never seen a real game. I remember being stunned when I saw how fast and how damn rough it was. Those VB players are some dang tough athletes. It sound like the Sioux played a tough match against a seasoned Bison squad. The matches were a lot closer that the final score indicates.

Good luck against Tulsa tomorrow; you're going to need it(I mean this in the best possible way). My god are they good. Their #7 is just amazing. Tonight, the Bison started playing about as well as they did in the third set with you. Tulsa took the first two sets. The Bison came out after the break and raised their level of play to as good as last year and won the 4th set. Then Tulsa took it up yet another notch to win the match. It was a fantastic match to watch even if we did come out on the losing side. I'm pretty sure Tulsa is the best team that has set foot in the BBF in at least the last several years. Maybe ever(I think the only time the Gophers came up they played in the BSA).

• 4 weeks later...