SiouxSports.com Forum

Game over.

MattC

Can someone help me? Having an argument with those stating the REA will now be torn down. Anyone know where I can find the information that states if the name changes because of something beyond the University's control it won't be torn down.

The parties fail to realize that it would be moronic to tear something down that creates so much revenue....

Call up the Alumni office ask for Tim Okeefe' I asked him point blank he assured me that was a urgan legend.

I asked my Wife's Uncle who is the Architect for the state of North Dakota in Bismarck he said, it would be illegal to blow up

the Ralph. It's not going to happen folks.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Board president richie smith along with president kelley are just another 2 of the liberals that are much smarter than we average folks. They know better than the incredibly large majority of North Dakotan's, let alone 67 percent of Spirit Lake tribal members who strongly support the Fighting Sioux nickname. We are so lucky to have "friends" like that on our side. They are identical to the 3 stooges we have in the U.S. congress representing the people of North Dakota, the stooges who dont seem to know the people they represent overwhelmingly dont support the health care bill they voted to pass. They are identical situations, where the will of the people is overruled by the people elected/appointed to represent them.

Yababy8 is exactly right, this action can not stand! I am all for protesting this move.

When AussieSiouxFan says f--k the summit league, he is 100percent correct! But truth be told, the UND head football coach would sell his soul and who knows what else to get into that league. He is 110percent behind this action today. That is the sad truth. And it is the truth!

JODY HODGSON is my hero! Hearing him speak the truth in no uncertain terms tonight on the news was priceless! He said what many of us believe and he didnt shy away from saying it so everyone could hear it. I am sure he would be front and center leading a protest against this action.

correction after original posting: My mistake, I ment to say the men's basketball coach jones, was all for this action and getting into the summit. But also ment to make the point that the football coach is also in favor of this action, they are both 100percent behind seeing the nickname go away. And that is a FACT. In my pissed off mood I mixed the 2 comments into one, again sorry for my error.

Board president richie smith along with president kelley are just another 2 of the liberals that are much smarter than we average folks. They know better than the incredibly large majority of North Dakotan's, let alone 67 percent of Spirit Lake tribal members who strongly support the Fighting Sioux nickname. We are so lucky to have "friends" like that on our side. They are identical to the 3 stooges we have in the U.S. congress representing the people of North Dakota, the stooges who dont seem to know the people they represent overwhelmingly dont support the health care bill they voted to pass. They are identical situations, where the will of the people is overruled by the people elected/appointed to represent them.

Yababy8 is exactly right, this action can not stand! I am all for protesting this move.

When AussieSiouxFan says f--k the summit league, he is 100percent correct! But truth be told, the UND head football coach would sell his soul and who knows what else to get into that league. He is 110percent behind this action today. That is the sad truth. And it is the truth!

JODY HODGSON is my hero! Hearing him speak the truth in no uncertain terms tonight on the news was priceless! He said what many of us believe and he didnt shy away from saying it so everyone could hear it. I am sure he would be front and center leading a protest against this action.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Summit League does not have football and would have nothing to do with our football program.

Errr... The summit league doesn't have football... :silly:

Mussman could care less, the Summit League does not offer a football league. Our top two money generators do not see any benefit from being in the Summit. I hate to say this and will probably regret it later, but 90% of the FIGHTING SIOUX fans across the nation would rather see every sport but hockey cut than this nickname change. It really makes me wonder why we're bending over backwards to accommodate basketball, baseball, soccer, track, swimming, tennis, and volleyball. The combined attendance, revenue, and recognition these sports bring to the university all pale in comparison to Men's Hockey. A protest needs to happen, we can't allow eight politicians to destroy the reputation the university has built for the Sioux tribes of North Dakota and this institution.

My mistake, I ment to say the men's basketball coach jones, was all for this action and getting into the summit. But also ment to make the point that the football coach is also in favor of this action, they are both 100percent behind the seeing the nickname go away. And that is a FACT. In my pissed off mood I mixed the 2 comments into one, again sorry for my error.

Just got this message on facebook.

Heres the general consensus. We have a professional(ish) photographer lined up and we would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take a picture in front of the Ralph right by the Sioux Warrior statue. I want everyone to be there and the best time for this is BE READY TO TAKE THE PICTURE AT 3:15!!! Please come decked out in any type of Sioux gear you have! whether its hats, face-paint, zooba pants, hockey equipment... Get creative. MUST BE APPROPRIATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If their is any inappropriate items or articles of clothing we will cancel the photograph. Please don't let that happen!!! This has the potential to be GREAT. Just think... if we could get this done. We could submit this and possibly get it in the Ralph!!!!

So.... Please be ready to take the picture at 3:15 come early and play some games or whatever. I thank you soooo much for your support and I hope to see you tomorrow.

Hopefully it will turn into a protest.

Wouldn't it be better to have it at, or outside of Engelstad Arena, where it says "HOME OF THE FIGHTING SIOUX" right on the building? Plus, I'm sure they would be very receptive to the idea, and may even help out..... just sayin'

Not to be disagreable because if a protest is to be successful we need solidarity, , but I think staging a protest at the Ralph would be a poor choice for the following reasons:

1. I think a good protest is one that happens at the doorsteps of the people who have the power(responsability) to make the change. Think about if Marten Luther King chose to march in Harlem instead of Washington?

2. Everyone is acustomed to seeing thousands of Sioux Fans at the arena. It would have a pep-rally feel to it wouldn't it?

3. I cannot think of a succesfull protest that was done in or at an Arena or Stadium. Aren't all protest that have the most ?Shock? value done in the streets??

So I say go to where the board is and make them hear us CLEARLY. Make them walk through us to get into their meeting and make sure we are many enough that when the cameras are on they Scream for the media to give this national coverage. I say we need at least 20 thousand people in the streets to really make something happen. I know that there are enough passionate Sioux Fans to make this happen.

Bismark is a drive, but I say it is worth it. We could do it at Kelley's house for a more local venue. I say he sold out, but even if he didn't he can call the board and say, "hey I've got 20,000 resolved citizens in the street outside my house, maybe I shouldn't be so happy about this decision after all"

I say protest both places :huh:

I want to hear some more SiouxSports.com memebers chime in on this! Goon? AZ? DAHL?? Berger? Redwing?? Rube? GFHOCKEY? lets gosioux, northdakotahockey, (MPLSBISON are you in) :silly:

That is so disappointing, when a coach of a program is in favor of erasing a huge piece of his programs history just so he can add "summit league coach" to his resume is just appalling.

He should be fired for not having enough pride and passion for the program he is coaching!!! Far king Prima Donna!!!

I'm in favor of keeping and honoring the Fighting Sioux logos and nickname.

I also think this has a lot less to do with the Summit League then everyone thinks, the Summit addmission is just a easy excuse to use for the lack of State and Administrative support to push the retire the name and logo agenda through.