SiouxSports.com Forum

Oil Booms in North Dakota

star2city

And Alaska payments got smaller this year; and Alaska makes payments to citizens because the oil is coming from public lands (where much of ND oil is coming from privates); and, don't forget Alaska's state budget is a mess (they were talking cutting UA/UAA athletics not that long ago). 

6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Alaska has a 5 billion per year in oil tax revenue.  North Dakota  is pulling in $1.6 billion per year in oil tax revenue.

North Dakota has basically twice the "proven oil reserves" than Alaska. 

In 2016 (not sure if 2017 numbers are out yet), North Dakota produced 2.11 times the amount of oil Alaska did.

Since the new Ralph opened, the people of Alaska have been given over $20,000.

Is the oil tax in North Dakota too low?

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

North Dakota has basically twice the "proven oil reserves" than Alaska. 

In 2016, North Dakota produced 2.11 times the amount of oil Alaska did.

Since the new Ralph opened, the people of Alaska have been given over $20,000.

Is the oil tax in North Dakota too low?

Also the % of oil severance tax decreased as the price per barrel of oil came down.

7 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Alaska has a $40 billion trust fund and is pulling in $5 billion per year in oil tax revenue.  North Dakota has a $4 billion trust fund and is pulling in $1.6 billion per year in oil tax revenue.

Since we've struck it rich. Grand Forks has had to spend local $ to fix state roads. 

The big 2 have mucho cash flying around. Lot's of private $ being donated. 

#needpills

• Upvote 1

Some predictions have oil going to $80 / barrel by summer, as almost the entire world economy is growing fast.

Harold Hamm addressed students in Leonard Hall last week and told them Continental wanted more UND grads.  Kennedy was there at an unveiling and Hamm dropped the first puck at Friday's game against DU.  Maybe he'll give more if the stock goes up.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-01/north-dakota-bakken-oil-rises-again-in-the-shadow-of-mighty-permian

14 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Damn.  This is a good way to chase investment dollars to Texas and other oilfields.  Oh and collect less tax revenue for North Dakota.

I think if North Dakota lowered it to 1% (instead of this way way too high 5%) the investment and oil/gas extraction would increase exponentially overnight...regardless of the price of that extracted oil per barrel is on the open market!!!!. Boom Baby Boom!

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

I think if North Dakota lowered it to 1% (instead of this way way too high 5%) the investment and oil/gas extraction would increase exponentially overnight...regardless of the price of that extracted oil per barrel is on the open market!!!!. Boom Baby Boom!

Are you saying zero production tax?

• 2 weeks later...

Andeavor Logistics is building a $150 million NGL separation plant in Belfield, which will produce propane, butane and natural gasoline.  The story has not been picked up in the North Dakota press yet, but has been picked up by a San Antonio paper, where Andeavor is based.  NGL’s will be sent off in rail cars.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Andeavor Logistics is building a $150 million NGL separation plant in Belfield, which will produce propane, butane and natural gasoline.  The story has not been picked up in the North Dakota press yet, but has been picked up by a San Antonio paper, where Andeavor is based.  NGL’s will be sent off in rail cars.

They're building it, or they're going to start the process of permitting and funding it? It seems few of these announced projects are ever actually completed. 

17 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

They're building it, or they're going to start the process of permitting and funding it? It seems few of these announced projects are ever actually completed. 

One link which can’t find now says next fall it should be completed.  Existing pipelines will be used and the NGLs will be mixed with oil incoming and separated.  The NGLs mostly come from gas plants by Watford City so there is a lot of up front work already done.

34 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'm still waiting for the college hockey and aerospace museum to be built attached to the Alerus complex.  Timeline for completion is the same as UND's on campus stadium.

07.jpg

7 hours ago, Cratter said:

I'm still waiting for the college hockey and aerospace museum to be built attached to the Alerus complex.  Timeline for completion is the same as UND's on campus stadium.

07.jpg

In that picture it looks like 42nd is a first class road from the Al to 32nd st. 

How about a first class 42nd from Hwy 2 to 32nd St. To much to ask?

On 2/19/2018 at 10:37 AM, Cratter said:

07.jpg

I'm pretty sure I see my monorail in there! :D