SiouxSports.com Forum

Oil Booms in North Dakota

star2city

New regional hospital, expanding prison population, new fertilizer plant, new menards, new old people.

With all that new business we are actually keeping some young people here. Much more so than in the past. Now we just voted today for a new 28 million dollar family fitness center.

Looks like Williston District #8 will vote on a new high school. Their high schoolers previously went to Williston High. Will this be called Bakken High?

http://www.willistonherald.com/news/district-school-up-for-vote/article_8fc52eda-0e16-11e5-9212-07c8bb5922af.html?mode=jqm

Also, three shopping comp!exes are leasing currently in Williston, with the biggest being Williston Crossing.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102710913

Looks like Williston District #8 will vote on a new high school. Their high schoolers previously went to Williston High. Will this be called Bakken High?

http://www.willistonherald.com/news/district-school-up-for-vote/article_8fc52eda-0e16-11e5-9212-07c8bb5922af.html?mode=jqm

Frack U has a nice ring to it for the college.

Maybe Benzene High for the HS?

About damn time. I'm sure they'll take their sweet time reviewing the rest of it, but that's fine. In the meantime, the railroad industry has shown repeatedly they can handle the volume of product being transported across rail  :whistling: .

• 3 weeks later...

But Williston is gonna be larger than Fargo soon...☺

Read an article the other day that 120 families had already left the area. I guess the construction of the Ruth Chris Steak House has been put on hold.

Read an article the other day that 120 families had already left the area. I guess the construction of the Ruth Chris Steak House has been put on hold.

So jobs don't follow the rig count in the oil industry? Williston still has a huge inventory of job openings that many of these people wouldn't qualify for. With Saudi and others conceding control of the oil markets now to shale, any more eruption of Shia vs Sunni war will cause oil to go higher. You can write the obituary of Williston if you want, because you are a fool.

• Downvote 1

Would the schools be needed considering all the people now leaving the area?

Many of the people voting didn't trust District 8's leadership after the previous superintendent resigned. District 8 would only have to pay 16% of the cost, and one of their schools will have to be vacated because an oil service company wants to reclaim it, and District 8 would have to pay substantial tuition to get their HS kids into Williston District 1. A Facebook campaign evidently spooked District 8 voters, many of whom want to merge with District 1. District 8 leadership failed to articulate and communicate what their vision is.

http://www.willistonherald.com/business/dialogues-special-meeting-is-monday-at/article_e4d11dfc-1dd5-11e5-94f0-af6ef995f126.html?mode=jqm

Many of the people voting didn't trust District 8's leadership after the previous superintendent resigned. District 8 would only have to pay 16% of the cost, and one of their schools will have to be vacated because an oil service company wants to reclaim it, and District 8 would have to pay substantial tuition to get their kids into Williston District 1. A Facebook campaign evidently spooked District 8 voters, many of whom want to merge with District 1.

http://www.willistonherald.com/business/dialogues-special-meeting-is-monday-at/article_e4d11dfc-1dd5-11e5-94f0-af6ef995f126.html?mode=jqm

Why do they have two different school districts so close together?

Why do they have two different school districts so close together?

It was just an historical artifact when there were many rural one school districts. A lot of Fargo kids have to go to West Fargo now because parts of southwest Fargo are in West Fargo's District. Emerado, Thompson, and Manvel districts surround Grand Forks, so its conceivable that with growth parts of Grand Forks could be in another school district. City boundaries may expand, but school district boundaries don't often change other than consolidation.

So jobs don't follow the rig count in the oil industry? Williston still has a huge inventory of job openings that many of these people wouldn't qualify for. With Saudi and others conceding control of the oil markets now to shale, any more eruption of Shia vs Sunni war will cause oil to go higher. You can write the obituary of Williston if you want, because you are a fool.

Your post was actually reasonable till the last. Too bad you cant just provide information without  being hateful.

So we're supposed to be loving to trolls now as a Supreme Court mandate? Bet that happens when bisonville freezes over.

We werent even talking about NDSU vs UND. It was about the economics of the boom and slow down. Its a subject that interests me as Ive been invested in numerous oil-energy related companies for many years. Usually you provide good information in that reagard. Its just too bad you cant seperate the two.

• Upvote 2

We werent even talking about NDSU vs UND. It was about the economics of the boom and slow down. Its a subject that interests me as Ive been invested in numerous oil-energy related companies for many years. Usually you provide good information in that reagard. Its just too bad you cant seperate the two.

Those morons at bisonville have been talking about the inevitable collapse of Williston for five years running. Nothing you've said dissociates them from you.

27503652.jpg

Absolutely no creativity on your part. But then again, creativity from an NDSU grad is practically unknown, as that's been used a zillion times at bisonville.

So if it's not a lovefest for NDSU here you object, so pointing out the lunacy of bisonvile Bakken predictions is unacceptable. But somehow the continuous UND hate and mockfest at bisonvile is acceptable, embraced, and required. Hypocritical Bison trolls here.

Absolutely no creativity on your part. But then again, creativity from an NDSU grad is practically unknown, as that's been used a zillion times at bisonville.

So if it's not a lovefest for NDSU here you object, so pointing out the lunacy of bisonvile Bakken predictions is unacceptable. But somehow the continuous UND hate and mockfest at bisonvile is acceptable, embraced, and required. Hypocritical Bison trolls here.

Gotta agree with bison73.  He posted nothing about a potential collapse of Williston, just that he read 120 families left town and the construction of a steak house is on hold.  No opinion, just facts.  Then he gets called a fool.  It's not the first time you've resorted to name calling when a bison fan puts up a reasonable post.  Unfortunately, it won't be the last since none of the admins seem to care.

This isn't bisonville, not everyone cares what is posted over there.  Not everyone carries some hatred for ndsu that trumps what one of their fans posts.  I'd hate it if all NDSU fans associated me and other reasonable UND fans with your lunatic postings.

• Upvote 4

Gotta agree with bison73.  He posted nothing about a potential collapse of Williston, just that he read 120 families left town and the construction of a steak house is on hold.  No opinion, just facts.  Then he gets called a fool.  It's not the first time you've resorted to name calling when a bison fan puts up a reasonable post.  Unfortunately, it won't be the last since none of the admins seem to care.

This isn't bisonville, not everyone cares what is posted over there.  Not everyone carries some hatred for ndsu that trumps what one of their fans posts.  I'd hate it if all NDSU fans associated me and other reasonable UND fans with your lunatic postings.

Totally agree.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was pretty weird when they first announced a Ruth's Chris Steak House for Williston.  Very possible the postponement/cancellation of construction is due to giving the whole thing more thought, rather than the slowdown.

Gotta agree with bison73. He posted nothing about a potential collapse of Williston, just that he read 120 families left town and the construction of a steak house is on hold. No opinion, just facts. Then he gets called a fool. It's not the first time you've resorted to name calling when a bison fan puts up a reasonable post. Unfortunately, it won't be the last since none of the admins seem to care.

This isn't bisonville, not everyone cares what is posted over there. Not everyone carries some hatred for ndsu that trumps what one of their fans posts. I'd hate it if all NDSU fans associated me and other reasonable UND fans with your lunatic postings.

Never mind that a forum I started and stated that oil will have a much more profound effect on ND and UND's future than seemed possible five years ago came true. Your Bison buddy and pretty much all bison ville said I was a loon five years ago for stating such nonsense. How'd that work out?

ziadabdelnourquotes-walkalone1.jpg?w=300

• Upvote 1