SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruits

dakotadan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, NoDakFan said:

Do we have a list of all the recruits coming in for this season? There's a lot of talent that needs replacing. 

Don't know.  Touching on your subject, there might be a coach that needs replacing after next season if things drop off too much (I don't expect them to get any better/move up any in the standings).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Don't know.  Touching on your subject, there might be a coach that needs replacing after next season if things drop off too much (I don't expect them to get any better/move up any in the standings).

Can't say that wouldn't be warranted. Haven't even made the NCAA tournament in the 3 years of being a student. I realize it's tough when Wisco and Minny are in our conference, but we've taken a step back now behind Bemidji too. Something needs to happen, or change should. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Can't say that wouldn't be warranted. Haven't even made the NCAA tournament in the 3 years of being a student. I realize it's tough when Wisco and Minny are in our conference, but we've taken a step back now behind Bemidji too. Something needs to happen, or change should. 

Spot on analysis.  

On May 26, 2016 at 11:37 PM, GDPritch said:

Should be replaced now. 

On 5/26/2016 at 11:43 PM, NoDakFan said:

They always could find a way to beat Minnesota and Wisconsin, but then would stub their toe against a Mankato, or a St. Cloud, or Syracuse. The one year they did make the NCAAs they barely made it... if Parizak doesn't bury an OT winner against BSU that year, they wouldn't have made it.

I expect a move to be made next year...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UND-1 said:

How do you expect them to make the tournament every year with only a 2 million dollar budget?  Just piecing it together over there.  

We get it. You hate Idalski and want the program cut. 

Bell commits to University of North Dakota

The Westman Wildcats would like to extend its congratulations to Ashton Bell, a 3rd year Wildcat from Deloraine, MB, who has committed to attend school at, and play hockey with, the University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks (a member of the WCHA – Western Collegiate Hockey Association), in the fall of 2017.  She is planning on enrolling in the 4 year Pre Vet program.

On May 25, 2016 at 11:43 PM, NoDakFan said:

Sorry, but just because the team hasn't made the NCAA's in your college years is not a reason to fire the head coach.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2016 at 2:17 PM, MafiaMan said:

Sorry, but just because the team hasn't made the NCAA's in your college years is not a reason to fire the head coach.

Do have to say though should we not be making the tournament almost every year? We don't - not because we cant beat the Minensota's or Wisconsins,(which we do occasionally!) but because we blow non-conference games against teams like Syracuse or conference games against St. Cloud and Mankato. We don't because we've let Bemidji get ahead of us in conference and slid backwards in the last three years. Those reasons, coupled with the NCAA's is reason to hold suspicion about the coaches ability. We show up in "big games against big opponents" but have an obvious tendency to under perform in games we should be dominating. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, jjensen said:

My bad. We have gotten a fair amount of recruits from there since Halli Krzyzaniak came onto campus. 

I usually dont pay close attention to players until they get here. That sounds like a great hockey program. 

• 2 weeks later...

Penn State Women’s hockey team setting up for the wonderful slap shot of a comeback this year. However, with brilliant incoming players and fresh staff, it seems there’s nowhere to go but up for the team, as is obvious looking at enhancement made by assistant coach Alex Dawes, and the team is ready to climb.

• 1 month later...