SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruits

dakotadan

Ran into her the other day on campus. At that point nothing was certain. Wouldn't surprise me of she gave it up all together.

She is playing hockey and looking forward to it. She hopes to be on my daughters line. I just hope she is a bit more of a disciplined player since the days I was coaching against her. She played on my daugters AAA team this past summer and I don't think she went to the box but a couple times. Should be a good addition to the Cobbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know anything about the two new verbals, Sarah Lecavalier and Breanna Berndsen?  I think they both were with the Pursuit of Excellence program.  I wish that would help with Amy Potomak, but I believe her sister has already committed to Minnesota.  

Pretty good pick ups. I was wondering when the POE girls would commit. I know Lecavalier has been on campus a bunch. Didn't know of the other one but the POE girls come in packs when they visit. Figured MacMillian would sooner or later been on campus a bunch. Great recruiting tool for the women as she could get tickets from her brothers.

Berndsen and Lecavalier have decent numbers with 9 and 7 goals respectively, but the 16 year old Amy Potomak has an incredible 45 goals. Usually numbers don't tell the whole story, but in women's hockey a difference maker like that can put you over the top. Really need to use all the advantages of our facilities and hockey atmosphere to get a few more big time players here. Competing against the bigger name schools is a little different in women's hockey though, as education seems to have the main focus.

Competing against the bigger name schools is a little different in women's hockey though, as education seems to have the main focus.

For top end mens players they know there are the Olympics and pro options up to and including the NHL. 

The ladies know the only things after college are the Olympics and life. That makes education more important. 

Anyone know anything about the two new verbals, Sarah Lecavalier and Breanna Berndsen?  I think they both were with the Pursuit of Excellence program.  I wish that would help with Amy Potomak, but I believe her sister has already committed to Minnesota.  

Her older sister Sarah is coming to Minnesota next year.  If UND could get a commitment from Amy Potomak, that would be a major recruiting win for them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...