SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 Season

sioux2013

Would be even more awesome if we got ESPN 3 in GF. I don't believe we have access to it in this area. Used to be ESPN 360, I know we didn't get it then. :(

The game is on both ESPN and ESPN3.com. They aren't going to keep Dickie V on the sideline for their marathon broadcast. Sioux will get a chance to pull the shocker on the mothership.

Update: Yep, link posted above shows it as being on both, but ESPN's schedule shows the Butler-Louisville game (certainly can understand that). It's a surprise then that they are putting their top announce team on the UW-UND game.

I wouldn't be shocked if the game shows up on channelsurfing.net That will likely be an option to watch it.

The game is on both ESPN and ESPN3.com. They aren't going to keep Dickie V on the sideline for their marathon broadcast. Sioux will get a chance to pull the shocker on the mothership.

Just saw the tv ad and it looks like ESPN3 only.

Edit: also checked on espn website and louisville-butler is on ESPN. We are on ESPN3.

You guys are actually proud of this win??? Look for a lot of disappointment this season.

Have you seen us play the last couple years...at all? It looks like there are a couple of strong freshman this year and we have finally gotten away from the princeton offense, it is a nice change of pace that the program may finally be going in the right direction this year.

Well that was ugly...kind of.

We clearly have a ways to go but I think our three freshman Webb, Anderson, and Huff are a beacon of hope. These are three great young players who are contributing right away.Give these 3 more games together let alone a season or 2 and I think they could be truly special together.

Obviously have to discuss Huff in particular. The kid looks like he's going to be a stud. Needs to figure things out on D a little but he is long, athletic, and can score! There is no doubt in my mind that he absolutely needs to start over Spencer Goodman going forward.

Our largest glaring weakness is down low. WE DON'T HAVE A CENTER!! I mean we have a few on the roster but they seem to be a bunch of stiff-steve's. We will have trouble with a lot of teams if we are going to start 5 G/F and hope that the 3-ball is on. Granted if Huff & Mitchell are hot we could sneak up on teams but you don't want to rely on that. We need a presence down low; someone who can get rebounds and kick out to our talented perimeter players.

This Friday against Big Sky Conf member Sacramento State at home will be a much better benchmark for the Sioux this year. Then we can see what this team is truly going to be capable of this year!

GO SIOUX

Agree alot of promise in the future. Wisconsin was just way too big and talented. What concerns me is only 5 assists. Way too many shot forced and way too much one on one. You wont win very many games with 5 assists. This team must make the extra pass for the wide open shots instead of shooting or driving against 3 defenders. Hopefully they watched and learned what Wisconsin did. Regardless a very good experience for this team. Need other production from the other guys cause based on their bios they can shoot also. Maybe just alittle early career nerves for a few.

Agree alot of promise in the future. Wisconsin was just way too big and talented. What concerns me is only 5 assists. Way too many shot forced and way too much one on one. You wont win very many games with 5 assists. This team must make the extra pass for the wide open shots instead of shooting or driving against 3 defenders. Hopefully they watched and learned what Wisconsin did. Regardless a very good experience for this team. Need other production from the other guys cause based on their bios they can shoot also. Maybe just alittle early career nerves for a few.

The first half and early second they passed the ball. The half dozen long mid to long range open shots they had they missed. UW did not give them anything, and I mean anything within 18 feet of the basket. It was either shoot from the 3 pt line or drive the lane. When they drove the lane they got mugged by the size of the Badgers. Unless the UND big men step up their play 200% they are not going to be any help. Jones needs to recruit some bigger talented dudes and that is not easy as everyone wants them. Great experience for UND's young kids. This UW team is going to go a long way this year.

As I have mentioned before and got bashed for it, all they seem to sign are guards. Next year another 2 guards have signed and no big men.

I can't beleive that the coaches don't know enough to sign some big guys. They must be complete morons not to understand that they need bigs.

Do you really believe that? Quality bigs have become scarce in all of basketball. The NBA can't find enough quality bigs to get one on every team. Every DI school is looking for quality bigs. There aren't a lot of them around. They aren't going to a transitioning team without a conference. That's what UND was until about 2 weeks ago. Even as a low level Division I team they are going to struggle to get quality bigs. So they over compensate by getting the best players they can sign and try to do as much with them as they can. That's how a lot of low level Division I schools have to play it. And once in a while they will get lucky when they take a chance on a big guy with "potential".

A quality big is not going to fall into our lap. The top 100 D1 Schools are going to get their picks 1st of the 18 year olds and of the Jucos, the ones that got their degree and are D1 elgible are certainly not going to consider us. They are going to go to a Kansas, a Washington etc... and if they didn't qualify by not getting their degree, we can't get those ones either as they are going to go to top Division 2 teams. In my mind at least right now, we are stuck. We can try find some big guys who have potential but your success rate in turning a project into a D1 force is probably 1 in 10 perhaps worse. I don't know what the solution is, but it goes to show you that it is really difficult to find talented big guys.

A quality big is not going to fall into our lap. The top 100 D1 Schools are going to get their picks 1st of the 18 year olds and of the Jucos, the ones that got their degree and are D1 elgible are certainly not going to consider us. They are going to go to a Kansas, a Washington etc... and if they didn't qualify by not getting their degree, we can't get those ones either as they are going to go to top Division 2 teams. In my mind at least right now, we are stuck. We can try find some big guys who have potential but your success rate in turning a project into a D1 force is probably 1 in 10 perhaps worse. I don't know what the solution is, but it goes to show you that it is really difficult to find talented big guys.

I wonder if maybe it would make more sense to concentrate more on finding undersized "bigs" who have skills, but who are simply not tall enough to be seriously considered by bigger schools? I'd rather have a 6'6" post who actually has skills and who can score on the low block than a 6'8" or taller kid who may "look the part", but who simply isn't talented enough to play effectively at this level. Is there much of a chance of finding a kid like Chris Gardner in this day and age?

Very good win for the Sioux. Got alittle nervous towards the end but Anderson made all his free throws down the stretch. Three freshman on the floor down the stretch during crunch time and handled the pressure very well. Sac State had 8 JUCO players that were juniors and seniors and we had mostly sophomores and freshmen. As this team gets more time and experience by the time they are juniors and seniors they could definately make a presence in the Big Sky. Next Tuesday and next Saturday will again test this team to see what they need to improve on.

Sioux lose to UNI, but are getting better. Late surge lifts Northern Iowa past Fighting Sioux

True freshman Aaron Anderson (Brooklyn Park, Minn.) scored 18 points off the bench to lead the Sioux in scoring. Anderson went 7-for-9 from the floor and made all four of his 3-point attempts, while the rest of the team managed to make just 4-of-20 from beyond the arc.

The Panthers used an 18-2 run midway through the second half to pull away and push their home-court winning streak to 17 games. The home team was ahead by just one at the time of the game-clinching run after a driving layup by Jamal Webb (Buffalo, N.Y.) made it a 43-42 contest with 12:08 to play.