SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 Season

sioux2013

Why was their scrimmage for Nov. 8th pulled from the schedule? Heard they scrimmaged South Dakota State last week? Anyone see the action? Starting lineup could be: Anderson (fr) or Webb(fr) pg

Haugen (so) or Schuler (red fr) off guard

Clasen ( Sr) forward

Mitchell (jr) wing

Benter (sr) post

No one saw the SDSU scrimmage- it was closed per NCAA rules- the whole building goes on lockdown. (per my source) It is my understanding that the Men's exhibition game was cancelled because it was 1st believed that playing non-counters in exhibition play would not count against the schedule--as it turns out it does- so the Men had to give a game back to be in compliance, and in this case it was the exhibition that got cut.

No one saw the SDSU scrimmage- it was closed per NCAA rules- the whole building goes on lockdown. (per my source) It is my understanding that the Men's exhibition game was cancelled because it was 1st believed that playing non-counters in exhibition play would not count against the schedule--as it turns out it does- so the Men had to give a game back to be in compliance, and in this case it was the exhibition that got cut.

I have a very close source to someone that was there at the SDSU scrimmage....and I was told that the score wasn't being taken, BUT, if it was, UND got the best of them....I was also told that true freshman guard Troy Huff led all scorers with 18 points...wow! we may have a complete STUD on our hands as a true freshmam....Hopefully a kid like this won't transfer to a "bigger school"....it happens quite a bit...example: Look at Seth Curry, Stephan Curry's brother, who left Liberty for Duke!

Why was their scrimmage for Nov. 8th pulled from the schedule? Heard they scrimmaged South Dakota State last week? Anyone see the action? Starting lineup could be: Anderson (fr) or Webb(fr) pg

Haugen (so) or Schuler (red fr) off guard

Clasen ( Sr) forward

Mitchell (jr) wing

Benter (sr) post

Judging from last year's team and the newcomers:

PG: Anderson (fr)

SG: Haugen (so)

SF: Huff (fr)

PF: Mitchell (Jr)

C: Benter (Sr)

I heard UND lost and that Huff shot the ball everytime he touched it with several guys on him without passing to the wide open teamates. You must have chemistry and take good shots to be successful. We will soon find out in both areas soon. I can see this team doing great things in a couple of years. Still very young.

I heard UND lost and that Huff shot the ball everytime he touched it with several guys on him without passing to the wide open teamates. You must have chemistry and take good shots to be successful. We will soon find out in both areas soon. I can see this team doing great things in a couple of years. Still very young.

Judging from your comment, one would think you were one of the players on the team, who cant stand to see a freshman play well. I mean come on guys, we have a great freshmen class, if those guys can play, you can't take that away from them. This is what we need....SOMEONE TO PUT THE BALL IN BASKET. something we lacked in recent years. I believe we were one of the lowest total point teams in Division 1 basketball last year. Hopefully next year's class can come in and help us as well. This is Division 1 basketball, not some small town high school out in the middle of North Dakota. Hate to see how this year will go with negative publicity for young good players! Go Sioux.

Its not negative. Just must work as a team and hit the open guys. Yes, we need scoring after watching game after game last year scoring in the 40's and 50's. To be really successful you need chemistry and that is hitting the open guy and making the shots and not forcing shot after shot. With 6 red shirt sophmores and 5 freshmen (2 red shirt and 3 true) I am very optimistic in a couple of years this will be a very good team challenging for the Big Sky Conference title. Not many scholarships left in the next couple of years so these two classes will have to carry alot of the load and be productive, which I am sure they will. Cant wait till Friday and Im sure I will see you somewhere in the stands.

UND men's basketball: A change in philosophy

UND returns most of players from last season, the schools second as a Division I mens basketball program. The Princeton-based offense UND ran last season, however, was sent packing. UND junior Pat Mitchell wont mind the switch in offensive philosophy. We changed up our offense scheme a little bit, Mitchell said. Well run up and down the floor a little bit more and well be a little more exciting to watch.

This is great to hear! The Princeton gimmick just wasn't working out.

I was really hoping that they'd drop that. Hopefully it will help the Sioux men be more competitive and win some games. Defense needs to step up though......

Coaches must like their athleticism more this year than in the past. The Princeton style was done to hide weaknesses. Must feel like this group has more talent. Hope he's right cause the clock is ticking on whether this job is his long-term

Looking at the stats: more assists(13) than turnovers(11). Not sure if that happened at all last year. Up tempo play was fun to watch and the freshman scored 39 points.

Alot to look forward to in the future Sportsfanatic, Huff was very impressive but was sit a couple of times for forcing bad shots Once he realizes he has 3 guys on him and hits the open man he will be a great all around player. Starting five came out explosive and ended the game in the first 4 minutes with alot of energy. Look forward to what these guys can accomplish against Wisconsin. Go Sioux

Looking at the stats: more assists(13) than turnovers(11). Not sure if that happened at all last year. Up tempo play was fun to watch and the freshman scored 39 points.

Alot to look forward to in the future Sportsfanatic, Huff was very impressive but was sit a couple of times for forcing bad shots Once he realizes he has 3 guys on him and hits the open man he will be a great all around player. Starting five came out explosive and ended the game in the first 4 minutes with alot of energy. Look forward to what these guys can accomplish against Wisconsin. Go Sioux

Go Sioux!