SiouxSports.com Forum

Nickle Trophy

Bisonfan1234

Is this for real? The only thing funnier would be if bisonfan1234 was bisongrad1234. :(

On another note, in one of the fishwraps today they were talking about the history of the nickel and the many times that students attempted to steal it. The article stated that on 1 occasion NDSU students dressed as janitors were able to steal the nickel.....I believe that this report is in error. They were not actually dressed as janitors...........they were actually interning. :p:);)

lol

Now that is funny stuff!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

petey23 Posted on Oct 15 2003, 01:52 AM

......The article stated that on 1 occasion NDSU students dressed as janitors were able to steal the nickel.....I believe that this report is in error. They were not actually dressed as janitors...........they were actually interning. 

Being a Janitor happens to be a great profession.

What do you guys do for a living besides driving daddy's jag around town?

Actually, one of the guys who took the nickel is now a vet, I don't know what the other guy does. Ag is not a dying profession. There is always money to be made in the agricultural and food sciences industry, unfortunately it is not usually farmers who make the money. We're still the North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Science, a name I'm very proud of. Back on topic, GO BISON.

DaveK Posted on Oct 15 2003, 07:59 PM

.....Just don't fool yourself into thinking you haven't been inferior for the last decade.

I would never admit to being inferior. I wouldn't admit to being superior either.

You did beat the Bison too often in football over the last 10 years, but this is the year of the Bison.

We beat you 8 times out of 10 (9 of 12 if you count playoffs)... I don't think it's a stretch to say we're superior. As for the "year of the Bison"... I heard that same garbage two years ago.

I would not say UND is superior!

Who have you defeated lately?

UND

#21 DII St Cloud St

NDSU

#13 DII Tusculum

#18 DII UNO

#5 I-AA Montana

The Sicatoka Posted on Oct 16 2003, 12:07 PM

Personally, I rather enjoy being the "one" in DII #1 Grand Valley State's "won 39 of their last 40 games" press release this week. 

Who was the QB for GVSU that day?

Some people have all the luck! ;)

Personally, I rather enjoy being the "one" in DII #1 Grand Valley State's "won 39 of their last 40 games" press release this week. ;)

Lets see, after the game we get to go watch the #3 team in the nation in college hockey play the the #1 team in the natin in Boston College. Who do the Bisssson

play? For that weekend anyway NDSU can live vicariously through UND.......again!

:):(

Lets see, after the game we get to go watch the #3 team in the nation in college hockey play the the #1 team in the natin in Boston College. Who do the Bisssson

play? For that weekend anyway NDSU can live vicariously through UND.......again!

:):(

Sorry Sic, that was for Bisssssonmav....whaever that stands for.

sioux7 Posted on Oct 16 2003, 12:59 PM

I get enough hockey thrills from watching the Back to Back National Champions down here in the Twin Cities. Gophers Rule.

I get enough hockey thrills from watching the Back to Back National Champions down here in the Twin Cities. Gophers Rule.

What a moron. THey looked really tough the other night. What a great night for brown gerbil sports. Giving up an unheard of 31 points in the fourth quarter to a very bad Michigan team and then having Maine shove it up your **s! You should let all your frustrations out by tail-gaiting at the Fargo building. (It's not even a dome)......ooops, can't do that either. Please.

sioux7 Posted: Oct 16 2003, 01:38 PM 

What a moron. THey looked really tough the other night. What a great night for brown gerbil sports. Giving up an unheard of 31 points in the fourth quarter to a very bad Michigan team and then having Maine shove it up your **s! You should let all your frustrations out by tail-gaiting at the Fargo building. (It's not even a dome)......ooops, can't do that either. Please. 

Tailgating is allowed, but it is against the law to drink there. Being a law abiding citizen, I don't drink there.

Michigan vs the Gophers was a great football game.

The Gophers were not undefeated when they won their back to back National Championships. One loss does not a season make.

I do think the Bison will win the Nickel Trophy back by the score of 24-7.

The Sicatoka Posted on Oct 16 2003, 05:03 PM

The guy that started it isn't the guy who's keeping it (39 of 40) alive today. The QB hasn't mattered to those ten other offensive guys the other 39 times. 

That was a very significant game for the other 10 offensive guys, or was it 11? Didn't they use 2 different QB's during that game?

DaveK Posted on Oct 17 2003, 02:45 AM

Over a span of ten years the Sioux have been superior to the Bison. I don't think it's realistic to think that will change overnight. 

But that is exactly what the new coaching staff has done.

How many people believed NDSU would be 5-1 at this point, after going 2-8 last year? The most optomistic people maybe said 4-2. This is one of the best coaching staffs I have seen for the Bison. A few key transfers, Juco's and the dedication of the returning players, has turned the program around in one year. The Bison are well prepared to play UND this year.