SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Bison

CoteauRinkRat

LOL

LOL

LOL!!!!

Listen to 92.96!!! Blah blah blah, your receiver is so good and Babich is so bad. GUESS WHAT? UNO has a receiver that is 6'5", runs a 4.3, and probably jumps 40". He is going to go in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft. Look how well he and UNO did against us! LOL!

If your game plan is simply going to be a couple running plays and a throw to this "super-star" then i'm predicting an other Bison blowout.

Bison 35 (a touchdown instead of 2 FG) , SUE 7

*Sigh*... Did you even read my posts? I most certainly did NOT say any single UND receiver is some sort of superstar. And after watching Babich in high school and last year, I hardly think I'm the only one who has questioned his ability. I suspect that many NDSU fans were questioning why he was even on the team last year. If he's improved this year, more power to him. But in my completely insignificant opinion, he should be attacked until it's clear that he's up to the challenge.

As for Krause, he's a nice player and has been mentioned as a possible late-round pick, but drafted in the first two rounds? Get real. David Kircus of Grand Valley State had unbelievable college stats in a sophisticated passing offense, good size and excellent speed and he wasn't drafted until the late rounds. And Krause is 6'3", not 6'5". I've never seen either his speed or vertical posted anywhere, but I'm going way out on a limb and speculating that he doesn't run a 4.3 or have a 40" vertical.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND 92, 96

Do not even pay attention to that rambling idiot, bison1234. He obviously just registered on this message board to talk smack for this week, as evidenced by his only posting 4 times. he is just trying to piss everyone off. Hey bison1234, why dont you take notes on how to talk football in a humane way, like bisonguy, tony, and some other bison fans on here. At least they have some interesting insight and intelligent comments.

I think it should be a very good game. NDSU has to be the favorite because of their victories over Montana and UNO. They have played a tougher schedule, as opposed to UND's. However, as much of a cliche as it may sound, you CAN throw out all the stats and books for this game every year. I can't wait for the game to be a much better game than the "yawner" that took place last year in the Fargodome.

UND 92, 96

Do not even pay attention to that rambling idiot, bison1234. He obviously just registered on this message board to talk smack for this week, as evidenced by his only posting 4 times. he is just trying to piss everyone off. Hey bison1234, why dont you take notes on how to talk football in a humane way, like bisonguy, tony, and some other bison fans on here. At least they have some interesting insight and intelligent comments.

I think it should be a very good game. NDSU has to be the favorite because of their victories over Montana and UNO. They have played a tougher schedule, as opposed to UND's. However, as much of a cliche as it may sound, you CAN throw out all the stats and books for this game every year. I can't wait for the game to be a much better game than the "yawner" that took place last year in the Fargodome.

no amount of rationalizing is going to help your team on saturday. You can talk as smart as you want, i don't care, i just hope we beat down the sue and take back the nickle. I also hope UND stops being wussies and moves up to D1 even if they have to sacrifice "sports" like swiming.

no amount of rationalizing is going to help your team on saturday. You can talk as smart as you want, i don't care, i just hope we beat down the sue and take back the nickle.

You can hope as much as you want, Sparky, it ain't gonna happen. I hope one day I won't suck at spelling. It won't happen though, so I just give up. You should do the same. It will save you alot of heartbreak and you won't have to drink as much Listerine to drown your sorrows.

Hey hey hey, back off of Bison guy whatever number. He, by his own admission, says we talk smart.

Let them play football better than us. Let them dominate Divison I-AA. Like my friends say, NDSU alums can farm. UND alums can own the farm.

They talk about riots after the games... I'd be more worried about NDSU rioting than us. Hell, I lived in Fargo most of my life. It's pretty well known that they make Mankato look like Princeton. ;)

Or conversely, someone else may have to sacrifice wrestling.

Budgets and Title IX both have to be met. It's been an easy target at many other schools.

First of all i'll just say i'm not opposed to sacrificing wrestling. Secondly, i do agree that many schools have cut their wrestling programs because they don't make money.

But, for whatever reason, people actually come to watch Bison wrestling and they pay for it. I think it does fairly well money wise (definately not as good as bball or fball...probably better than vball though). So for that reason i don't think it's high up on the cut list. "Sports" like golf though...that is something that easily could be cut. And baseball/softball and track/x-country. I doubt either of those make much if any.

I'd be more worried about NDSU rioting than us. Hell, I lived in Fargo most of my life. It's pretty well known that they make Mankato look like Princeton. ;)

I'd buy your analogy if NDSU is MIT. Of course, that would make UND one of the Seven Sisters, Mount Holyoke :(

Haven't heard of the Seven Sisters or Mount Holyoke and think that MIT stands for Montana Institute of Technology? I keep forgetting that if I'm not talking about hockey (as if anybody would), I need to supply footnotes for UND grads to explain anything that would normally be considered common knowledge.

As Mount Holyoke and her sisters will probably start showing up on UND's football schedule next year, you can decide whether they are cute for yourself.

Trying to get things back on topic a bit, I do think the Bison corners are probably the weak spot in the defense. However, it's my understanding that we rarely play man to man anymore, so deep coverage may be the responsibility of the safeties more than the corners. If we utilize zone blitzing schemes, we may be able to confuse Wilson/Bowenkamp. Of course, it's all speculation and we'll have to wait and see. I do think the Bison will be able to run on the Sioux (I capatalized it for you Jim), and I don't think the opposite is true, IMO.

I am looking forward to one hell of a Bison/Sioux battle. I do think that NDSU is the stronger of the two and will prevail, but the Sioux will not roll over and play dead. I will be up in the Wind River Mountains hunting elk. I plan to ride out and drive to Rock Springs Wyoming and catch the game on the satelite.

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do think the Bison will be able to run on the Sioux (I capatalized it for you Jim), and I don't think the opposite is true, IMO.

That will probably be the deciding factor in the game--whether NDSU can run on the Sioux. If they can't, then UND has an excellent chance to win. It has been a number of years since NDSU has really run successfully against the Sioux. It really never happened with Gordon running ball (no 100 yard games and no td's), which is quite remarkable when you think about it. And I'm not sure that the Bison offense is really any better than it was during the Babich era, excluding last year, although it does seem to be more diversified. I would assume that the Sioux will make it a priority to stop the run and make Stauss beat them. Considering the relative struggles of the NDSU offense for much of this year, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they have problems running the ball on UND.

UND hasn't run the ball successfully against pretty much anyone, although they have shown the ability to win anyway. If the passing game is working, however, it may open up some running lanes.

That will probably be the deciding factor in the game--whether NDSU can run on the Sioux. If they can't, then UND has an excellent chance to win. It has been a number of years since NDSU has really run successfully against the Sioux. It really never happened with Gordon running ball (no 100 yard games and no td's), which is quite remarkable when you think about it. And I'm not sure that the Bison offense is really any better than it was during the Babich era, excluding last year, although it does seem to be more diversified. I would assume that the Sioux will make it a priority to stop the run and make Stauss beat them. Considering the relative struggles of the NDSU offense for much of this year, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they have problems running the ball on UND.

UND hasn't run the ball successfully against pretty much anyone, although they have shown the ability to win anyway. If the passing game is working, however, it may open up some running lanes.

The reason we haven't taken the leash off the passing game is because we've run on all the teams we've played on this year. UND will be no different. 300+ yards of running should be expected.

Could we have unleash the passing game should the run fail? Of course. With Stauss at qb and 4 of the conference's best receivers (including the 2 fastest) in burrell, johnson, belquist, and white UND won't be able to stop us.

The reason we haven't taken the leash off the passing game is because we've run on all the teams we've played on this year. UND will be no different. 300+ yards of running should be expected.

Could we have unleash the passing game should the run fail? Of course. With Stauss at qb and 4 of the conference's best receivers (including the 2 fastest) in burrell, johnson, belquist, and white UND won't be able to stop us.

What about UC-Davis, O Wise One?

Don't get me wrong, I'm neither particularly surprised, nor do I care what anybody from the Forum thinks. I do think it's interesting, however, that in a matchup of two 5-1 teams, eleven out of eleven prognosticators picked the road team--especially considering the success UND has had against NDSU over the past decade, and even in years NDSU was considered a pretty big favorite by many people, i.e. 1993, 1999 and 2001.

UND is already doing good and if they hang tight, that Nickel Trophey will stay at UND. The way I see it though, if UND wins I think the Bison will challenge UND for another game next year to get the Nickel trophey back, but if UND loses they will just say some bull about how they're Div 1 and they don't want to play us. ;)

OK, I'm not sure why this is working, but if anyone bought the season hockey package from Dataflix for $99, you may be able to get the Football game. I just tried to watch the UND-BC hockey game again from last night (to see if BC was offsides on the 4th goal) and when I clicked on the game it brought up the football game. Hmmmm.

How about those Sioux. A well played game by both sides. I hope that they find a way to keep this rivalry going, it sure makes thing interesting. Congrats to the boys, #73 your father is very proud of what a tough young man you are, playing hurt and sucking it up like you always have. Get some rest tonite, enjoy having you mom, your brothers and your grandparents with you this weekend and send them back to Alaska on Monday. Congratulations to the Bison, keep your heads up.