SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Gonzaga

bincitysioux

I guess we won't know for sure how bad things are/aren't until we start playing similarly situated programs, i.e Great West opponents, but I honestly never expected a Roebuck team to be this uncompetitive. I know the competition has been pretty strong, but I don't believe for one minute that the team from a few years ago with Boese, Langen, Kimbrough, etc. would be getting hammered like this. And certainly not the Crouse/Pudenzes/Richards teams. We are in serious need of a talent upgrade.

Gonzaga will make a lot of teams look silly. Their point guard is one of the best in the nation.

Not many teams will make the transition to Division One as seamless as SoDakSt. But it helps to play these tough foes as it gives your young players a chance to see what it will take to win at this level.

Basketball is different at the DI level. I hope our players and coaches are not getting down, this transition is tough.

???

As I've said before, we won't know for certain exactly where the team stands until they start playing Great West opponents. We're unfortunately quite overmatched against the most of the teams we've played so far, but perhaps not so much so against Great West teams. But regardless of the level of competition, the shooting has been poor, and that's probably largely a function of not having a low-post scorer and having to rely too much on outside shooting.