SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

Where are all the Chapman apologists at these days? They were fighting in his defense tooth and nail when the allegations about the house overruns started, now they are no where to be found.

BisonDan...your thoughts? (Don't hear much from them in our Football thread either)

Chapman apologists including many on the SBoHE, who went out of their way to tar and feather Potts and run him out of the state, have too much emotional and political capital invested in Chapman to dump him easily. Practically the whole gang has to go for changes to occur.

One's being a steward of the public trust, the other, not so much.
Chapman has made it plenty clear in the past that his "concern" is NDSU and not public trust, with the full blessing of the SBoHE. Bottom line: Chapman's behavior has full backing of the SBoHE. The SBoHE created this monster.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapman's discretionary fund (and remember, this is what he's spending beyond his $300+k salary plus the $75k from NDSU Foundation, and the $50k "no show" job the NDSU Foundation has for Mrs. Chapman) ...

The Forum obtained documentation for the president

Chapman's discretionary fund (and remember, this is what he's spending beyond his $300+k salary plus the $75k from NDSU Foundation, and the $50k "no show" job the NDSU Foundation has for Mrs. Chapman) ...

NDSU Foundation has changed the rules for this card. Now the bill goes to Joe (and not directly to them) and he has to justify the charges and ask for reimbursements.

Tell me one other public official in this state who could spend like this in today's economic climate and not lose his job?

Not to mention his wife's bogus salary for doing absolutely nothing!

Tell me one other public official in this state who could spend like this in today's economic climate and not lose his job?

In contrast, consider Gov. John Hoeven, a three-term governor who now presides over the only state in America to boast a budget surplus. Yet Hoeven not only doesn

I wonder if the IRS would be interested in some of these transactions ... :(

Why'd the theme music to the old TV show "Dragnet" just run in my head?

... bah, ba-dump-bump, ... bah, ba-dump-bump-baaaaaaaaaah ...

"The story you're about to hear is true, ... " ... we'd have changed the names to protect the innocent, but there aren't any. :lol:

"The story you're about to hear is true, ... " ... we'd have changed the names to protect the innocent, but there aren't any. :(

A number of "free" trips, "gifts", etc. may actually be taxable events, to the giver or the receiver if not properly handled. It's one reason CEOs and the like are often billed for the personal use of corporate jets.

"The story you're about to hear is true, ... " ... we'd have changed the names to protect the innocent, but there aren't any. :(

I think he's about in incur a furious rath. This won't end for him. With all the attention this is creating the papers / investigators and people with to much time on their hands and anger towards him the dirt will keep piling up. This is like the Alerus discussion on another thread...it might not go away until all the rugs are swept clean and the dirt exposed. Serves him right! To much EGO there.

I'd go with Shawn-O and guess "Alumni Development & Ops". (It is the biggest chunk. :( )

Does anyone know what kind of plane NDSU owns?

Does anyone know what kind of plane Chapman chartered instead?

Here's the Fargo Jet Center stable: http://www.fargojet.com/flight_operations/the_fleet.php

(I'm willing to bet Chapman upgraded from what NDSU owns and took the Citation SII to DC to make a splash. Any takers?)

It's stunts like this that make Fargo taxpayers diss NDSU pet projects. What's the chance the Fargodome relooks at an arena expansion with Chapman still around? Or that the BSA gets enough alumni funding for a remake. Chapman has destroyed any credibility with taxpayers and even many NDSU alumni as far as being a wise steward of resources.

I e-mailed the NDSBofHE this morning with my thoughts about Chapman and his spending. I received a prompt response that my message would be immediately provided to all Board members.

MY COMMENTS TO THE BOARD HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UND VS. NDSU ISSUE, it is simply WRONG what is happening with Chapman's house, his expense habits, his wife's salary, etc.

I live 1,500+ miles from North Dakota (but still pay ND taxes) and it is surprising how many people have heard about this and are wondering how this could have happened. I don't like be laughed at, neither should the Board - or NDSU for that matter!

From KFGO's website

Chancellor William Goetz

State Board of Higher Education

10th Floor, State Capitol

600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 215

Bismarck, ND 58505-0230

Dear Chancellor Goetz,

I am writing to tender my resignation as President of North Dakota State University effective January 2, 2010.

Serving as president of North Dakota State University for the past 11 years has been the greatest privilege of my academic career. Together with students, faculty and staff, we have taken this institution to new levels, and I take great pride in all we have accomplished together. Gale and I have made friends and community ties here we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Controversies in recent days have created distractions that have made it impossible for me to provide the leadership this institution deserves. Students have always been paramount, and I fear these distractions have impaired my ability to serve their interests.

I strongly urge you and the State Board of Higher Education to commission a comprehensive and independent audit of the president

All of this termoil, ... and a lame-duck president too. Brilliant!

I wonder if finishing 2009 has anything to do with his various deferred compensation benefits. :( ScottM or some other tax expert may know the answer. It is highly unlikely NDSU is going to fill the position by then. Hiring a university president is a six month and probably six figure task :lol: