star2city

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waldorf202620stadler203.jpg

Chapman and Paulsen like this! ;):lol:

Why, you.... (shake fist) : ;)

Hehe, well Paulsen is not on the board anymore so that's an old picture. BTW, Kupchella was supposed to be in that photo, but, as was his wont, he was nowhere within 1000 miles of Grand Forks at the time.

I think the fundamental issue is this:

What was the $904k limit intended for:

- strictly dwelling?

- site plus dwelling?

- site plus dwelling plus landscaping?

- what about support infrastructure? Was that in the $904k?

- how about furnishings?

That's the question I haven't heard answered.

• 3 weeks later...

KFGO.com is reporting that the NDSU president's house total has crossed into the $2 million range.

http://www.kfgo.com/news_Detail.php?ID=9383

Worse? ND State Sen. John Andrist (Crosby, ND, not MN like the KFGO story says) thinks a criminal investigation is warranted. Why? Well the president's house, and now this revelation ...

Board members are also concerned that Barry Hall, NDSU's new business college, is costing $3-million more than expected.

http://www.kfgo.com/news_Detail.php?ID=9382

I wonder how Bill Goetz is feeling about taking that 'cushy' Chancellor of the NDUS position now.

KFGO.com is reporting that the NDSU president's house total has crossed into the $2 million range.

http://www.kfgo.com/news_Detail.php?ID=9383

Worse? ND State Sen. John Andrist (Crosby, ND, not MN like the KFGO story says) thinks a criminal investigation is warranted. Why? Well the president's house, and now this revelation ...

http://www.kfgo.com/news_Detail.php?ID=9382

I wonder how Bill Goetz is feeling about taking that 'cushy' Chancellor of the NDUS position now.

How about Sporty Joes wife getting paid $50,000 a year by the foundation to do "something". But, I am sure it isn't his fault and he is a great guy.

<obligatory cheap-shot>

Board members are also concerned that Barry Hall, NDSU's new business college, is costing $3-million more than expected.

Uh, $3 million over?

Should they be teaching business or any sort of administration?

</obligatory cheap-shot>

NDSU (Cow College) President's Palace Costs Rise to 2 Million Dollars

There’s no way that this is a simple cost overrun. This is a willful breaking of state law. Aren’t there supposed to be serious consequences for that?

My suggestion when this first came out is that they should find another use for the building until the current president leaves Silo Tech. There’s no way that you reward him with a palace like this. Taxpayers have also had to provide the President a bodyguard when he goes to public events. Can you say ego-growth?

:ohmy::lol:

I listened to KFGO this afternoon and they said over 400,000 for landscaping, and 50,000 for an outdoor bathroom plus over 100,000 to redo Joe's office. WTF?!! Someone called in to the radio station and said he should be fired. Well something should be done and i think old Joe's salary should go to make up the difference on the house and not one cent should be from the taxpayers which i can see where this is headed. I feel like driving over to the house and knocking the damn thing down. And Bison fans cry for a new basketball stadium....good luck with that. LOL!!

I listened to KFGO this afternoon and they said over 400,000 for landscaping, and 50,000 for an outdoor bathroom plus over 100,000 to redo Joe's office. WTF?!! Someone called in to the radio station and said he should be fired. Well something should be done and i think old Joe's salary should go to make up the difference on the house and not one cent should be from the taxpayers which i can see where this is headed. I feel like driving over to the house and knocking the damn thing down. And Bison fans cry for a new basketball stadium....good luck with that. LOL!!

Why does the president of a state school in North Dakota need that expensive of a house?

Why does the president of a state school in North Dakota need that expensive of a house?

Some woman caller it was probably his wife said they needed a house like that for entertaining, recruiting, etc. She said she can understand why they built a $50,000 crapper. Mike McFeeley was livid at her and i was laughing until McFeeley said the cost may be made up by the taxpayers. If that is the case and my money goes to that house i will drive over and demanded to walk through "my" house.

Some woman caller it was probably his wife said they needed a house like that for entertaining, recruiting, etc. She said she can understand why they built a $50,000 crapper. Mike McFeeley was livid at her and i was laughing until McFeeley said the cost may be made up by the taxpayers. If that is the case and my money goes to that house i will drive over and demanded to walk through "my" house.

Really we just owe it to our betters to buy the a Brazillion dollar house.

Just out....

Joe's wife gets $50 G a year just to socialize with Alumni.....wow

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/136671

well...she DOES have to touch the GREAT UNWASHED regular people of North Dakota! She calls it her "Purell Budget!" - you have to remember, we're dealing with IMPERIAL CASS after all where "some" people are much better than any of us who are paying them... :):):)

It's probably just called "creative accounting" ... :) :)

/another cheap shot

Well...mummyJOE makes almost 1/2 a million a year...ADD TO THAT a MILLION DOLLAR GIFT to build them a new house wasn't quite "GOOD ENOUGH :) "

Now remember - they get the house (and expenses PAID and they needed ANOTHER MILLION+ to make it "livable") - c'mon! YOU'RE making a very good salary in ND and LIVING RENT-FREE (not to mention utilities, cable internet and tv, plus your phone bill FREE!!!)

If I donated money to the UND foundation and found out it went to President Kellys' wife to make it "worth her while"? to go to a party??? $50,000 would pay for a LOT of student scholarships and I predict Mrs. MUMMY will come out in the next couple days and offer to "turn over" her salary for NDSU students....WAIT! Mark this comment....(I guarentee IT WILL come TRUE!)

$50,000 would pay for a LOT of student scholarships and I predict Mrs. MUMMY will come out in the next couple days and offer to "turn over" her salary for NDSU students

...lets wait and see...