SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITED SIOUX RECRUITS - 2009-10 Updates, Stats and News

AZSIOUX

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any Sioux recruits that play for the Chicago Steel of the USHL? Or on the Fargo Force for that matter? They play in Fargo this weekend, just wondering if I feel like not going to Tech and checking out Sioux recruits for cheaper.

Nobody on the Steel. Fargo just has Colten St Clair, but he's at the World Junior A Challenge right now, and I'm guessing that won't be over yet?

wch blog prospect reviews

Brock Nelson: Nelson has started drawing a lot of draft buzz for his play in the Elite League this year and could end up going pretty high in the draft. He's another big, but fairly raw power forward.

Friday night he was pretty underwhelming. Saturday was much better, in large part because his linemate Adam Knochenmus(more on him later on) wasn't there on Friday, but was on Saturday. Friday night, it felt like Nelson had to all his own creating, which is probably outside of his comfort zone right now. Saturday, he picked up a nice goal where Knochenmus set things up, fired a puck on goal, and Nelson just had to get to the front of the net, where he looks a lot more comfortable for a nice tip-in.Overall, he was just more effective.

The bottom line is that I think some teams will see a ton of potential in him as a future power forward and love him, and some teams will be scared away because he's got such a long ways to go. North Dakota has him scheduled to play in the USHL next season, which seems like a very good idea. I don't think he'd be ready to play regularly and contribute for the Sioux next season. A good comparison might be Mike Forney, who went to North Dakota straight from high school, in part because of his high draft status, and struggled to see the ice, which really hurt his development.

I think the Sioux are interested in Sahir Gill from Chicago as well.

The Sioux are interested but I'm pretty sure he will be Boston University bound. I'm actually surprised he hasn't committed yet which may be a sign that he is waying his options a little bit but I still say he heads to BU.